2004 S80 2.5T - big power mods installed
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2004 S80 2.5T - big power mods installed

Folks, I meant to do this myself in the Spring, but with the addition of another child (2 young kids, now), my free time is almost non-existent between family life, work, Olympic Weightlifting, and all my other hobbies. I ended up taking the car into a local Volvo shop to have the following work done from parts I've accumulated over the last 6 months......

The following parts were installed last week..............

Alarm Siren Module
      do88 big pack intercooler with bigger hard-pipes for the turbo to intercooler and intercooler to throttle body
      snabb intake
      IPD 3" catted downpipe

For install later this week, or early next depending on when the last silicon coupler arrives...

Kinugawa 16T turbo with 11+1 billet wheel, 1.0 bar adjustable wastegate, heavy duty CBV diaphragm with "BLUE" spring
      "R" type manifold
      green giant injectors
      HILTON STAGE 3 tune

I've attached some pictures below of how things look currently. I picked it up Friday and am just babying it around under 3k RPM's while I ride around on the stock tune

Last edited by Stark77; 05-28-2019 at 12:30 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Proper turbo cartridge arrived on Friday and I spent some time this weekend getting that installed and getting the billet compressor wheel moved over and then re-checking the wastegate. Install date is set for Thursday on the 16T turbo + R manifold + injector upgrade.

16T with 11+1 billet wheel, blue spring in the CBV and nicer wastegate made it into the vehicle yesterday along with the "green" bosch injectors. Ends up, my car already has the "R" manifold on it. I dropped the Stage 3 Hilton tune with "torque limiter" removed onto the vehicle before driving it home. Wow, definitely woke the car up in a big way. I've owned V8 mercedes, V8 mustang with nitrous/heads/cams, so not new to speed, but really pleased with how refined the car is and how easy it is to stay out of boost, or get deep into it.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

S80 is a nice platform, but requires more work than more popular models. Also 5 cyc has tons of AM options. Have fun with it!
      S80 T6 2001 IPD Tune w/torque delete, Ferrita Dual 2.5" DP/CB 3" exhaust, Volvo Tranny cooler, Bilstein HD's, H&R Springs, IPD Anti-swaybars, IPD End-links, IPD Skid Plate, AEM Water/Methanol kit, IPD Lower Tranny Mount, Ultra Racing Front & Rear Strut Tower Braces, and Front and Rear undercarriage braces, Heico Front Spoilers, 17x8 R Pegs, R Calipers and Rotors, Front Girodisc, 5 & 10 mm H&R spacers, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWriter View Post
      S80 is a nice platform, but requires more work than more popular models. Also 5 cyc has tons of AM options. Have fun with it!
      I really enjoy it, the increase in boost/power is substantial. The car really wakes up at 3k all the way to the top. My biggest grip, prior to the upgrades, was how the car would lose power above 4.5k RPM, in a huge way. That low pressure turbo was really only useful until about 3-3.5k RPM. Next up is snagging some "R" calipers and rotors with stainless braided lines, and getting those in.

You’ll need to replace the brake dust plates too with the R brakes.
      S80 T6 2001 IPD Tune w/torque delete, Ferrita Dual 2.5" DP/CB 3" exhaust, Volvo Tranny cooler, Bilstein HD's, H&R Springs, IPD Anti-swaybars, IPD End-links, IPD Skid Plate, AEM Water/Methanol kit, IPD Lower Tranny Mount, Ultra Racing Front & Rear Strut Tower Braces, and Front and Rear undercarriage braces, Heico Front Spoilers, 17x8 R Pegs, R Calipers and Rotors, Front Girodisc, 5 & 10 mm H&R spacers, etc...

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements