Polestar Engineered Drive Mode?!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Polestar Engineered Drive Mode?!

So just got my car's first (10k) service last weekend, and when I happened to be tinkering in drive modes I noted that since the service update, Dynamic Mode seems to have been replaced with Polestar Engineered!

I had Polestar installed when I picked up my car on OSD in September, and I got the box and the fancy badge on the back, but this is the first time I have seen this new Polestar related call out show up in drive mode. Wondering if it is something new with this update, or if I have been driving around thinking I had Polestar for months without it really being installed?

Is this just re-brand of the dynamic mode, or have there been some additional tweaks made?

Thanks in advance for any light y'all can shed.
      2019 T-6 AWD Polestar, Denim Blue/Maroon Brown (OSD Sept 2018)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

May 2019 Software update changes
      https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t

You will find the answer.
      2015.5 XC60 Premier Plus, Polestar, bi-xenon, Tech+Blis Packages, Nav. w/Sensus Connect, Cristal White, 20"Titania Wheels, Integrated Running Bords, Thule Cross Bars, Auto Dimming Side Mirrors, Sport Seats, Dual tone heated steering wheel with paddle shift.

2018 XC90 T6 Inscription AWD, Polestar, Cristal White, Vision, Convenience, Climate/HUD, Protection Packages, B&W, 4-C Air Suspension, 21" Optional Factory Wheels, Iliminated Runing Boards, Skid Plate Front, Front Decor Frame,Thule Cross Bars, Load Opening Strip with Ilumination, Mud Flaps

This is to trick you to use that magic driving mode more often!
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb View Post
      So just got my car's first (10k) service last weekend, and when I happened to be tinkering in drive modes I noted that since the service update, Dynamic Mode seems to have been replaced with Polestar Engineered!

I had Polestar installed when I picked up my car on OSD in September, and I got the box and the fancy badge on the back, but this is the first time I have seen this new Polestar related call out show up in drive mode. Wondering if it is something new with this update, or if I have been driving around thinking I had Polestar for months without it really being installed?

Is this just re-brand of the dynamic mode, or have there been some additional tweaks made?

Thanks in advance for any light y'all can shed.
      Yes, that is the new look for any car upgraded with Polestar optimization but I thought it was only available for MY20s and not be able to retrofit that to any prior model year.

What year is your car? Additionally, when you choose Polestar Engineered mode (old Dynamic) does the tach and speedo hue change to Polestar Blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Somebody please post some pics!!!
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      What year is your car?
      According to the signature, a 2019.
      Current:
      2019 XC90 T6 R-Design

Past:
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription
      2013 XC60 T6 R-Design
      2012 C70 T5 Inscription
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport
      2005 XC90 T6
      1999 V70R T5

Quote Originally Posted by jjd416 View Post
      According to the signature, a 2019.
      I am on Tapatalk and it didn’t show his signature

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

I am on Tapatalk and it didn’t show his signature

Ah, makes sense. I don't use Tapatalk.
      Current:
      2019 XC90 T6 R-Design

Past:
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription
      2013 XC60 T6 R-Design
      2012 C70 T5 Inscription
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport
      2005 XC90 T6
      1999 V70R T5

Yes, that is the new look for any car upgraded with Polestar optimization but I thought it was only available for MY20s and not be able to retrofit that to any prior model year.

What year is your car? Additionally, when you choose Polestar Engineered mode (old Dynamic) does the tach and speedo hue change to Polestar Blue?

Hi there, I have a 2019 T-6. Didn't notice if the displays changed color, so perhaps not. I will check on my next sojourn out.
      2019 T-6 AWD Polestar, Denim Blue/Maroon Brown (OSD Sept 2018)

At least there is now a way to conform Polestar is installed. Perhaps 'Polestar Engineered' will replace 'Dynamic' for all equipped XC90s, and the new blue theme Grecian alludes to is for the 2020s?
      2019 XC90 T6 Polestar✦ Momentum (Advanced Package; Heated Wheel; 20" Wheels) - Denim Blue/Amber

Quote Originally Posted by Tibits View Post
      At least there is now a way to conform Polestar is installed. Perhaps 'Polestar Engineered' will replace 'Dynamic' for all equipped XC90s, and the new blue theme Grecian alludes to is for the 2020s?
      Ugh - With all the software update "mishaps" I've had - like.. installing the s90 road run off update.. to my xc90 (Invoice gave s90 part numbers..) .. and noticing the missing new green "A" from the latest update on my 2017 V90.. I've always wondered if Polestar was really ever installed on my cars... - BUT, with May update - my 2017 V90 w/Polestar - a NEW driving mode did come up.. (Haven't taken 17' XC90 in yet) - Does the May update include all previous updates too?

IMG_20190531_232634.jpg
      2017 XC90 T6, Polestar Inscription with Amber Nappa Seats - Magic Blue
      2017 V90CC T6, Polestar with Amber Nappa Seats - Crystal White
      Maintaining for Family:
      06' XC90 Grey (Mom), 06' XC90 Black (Dad), 06' XC70 (Sister)

Just got my car back from the dealer...and had the upgrade. In the 3 minute ride I had from the dealer to work, seemed way more aggressive and loud, but that could be all in my head...my loaner was an XC90.
      Current Car: '19 Volvo S60 R-Design w Polestar Tune
      Past Cars: '95 Volvo 850T | '99 Volvo C70 Coupe (Manual) | '02 VW Jetta GLX VR6 | '04 VW R32 (Manual) | '08 VW R32 | '10 VW GTI (Manual) | '12 VW Golf R (Manual) | '15 Audi S3 | '16 VW GTI (Manual)

I have a '17 and mine changed to Polestar Engineered but I don't have any different color on the dash when I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by rmj.scribbins View Post

Just got my car back from the dealer...and had the upgrade. In the 3 minute ride I had from the dealer to work, seemed way more aggressive and loud, but that could be all in my head...my loaner was an XC90.
      With the latest software version, the acceleration becomes linearly stronger 2 secs after pushing on the accelerator...I figure gears 3-5 shine with this upgrade.

Loving the Polestar tune on mine. My only add on wish is that it should offer a unique dash display beyond the "Polestar" driving mode display, possibly a Polestar blue theme to really set it apart from non-Polestar vehicles.

----
      2019 R Design

the acceleration becomes linearly stronger 2 secs after pushing on the accelerator
      Sorry, what do you mean with this? Does it takes 2 sec to start accelerating? What is "linearly stronger"?

Quote Originally Posted by mdmd View Post
      Sorry, what do you mean with this? Does it takes 2 sec to start accelerating? What is "linearly stronger"?
      new term for butt dyno....has no relation to actual numbers.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

Quote Originally Posted by mdmd View Post
      No, the acceleration is strong from the get-go, it just feels even stronger in those gears as you keep the accelerator down.

My 2019 T6 was in the shop today to get it's first maintenance done. Something happened when they were trying to update the software, so my car ended up being at the shop all day.

I also purchased Polestar and got the kit with the badge. It seems that the car behaves differently, but in the drive mode it still says DYNAMIC.
      Could it be that the SW update is still missing (i.e. running pre May 2019 SW), but they enabled Polestar? How do I know which SW it has and has Polestar really been enabled?
      2019 XC90 T6
      Previously: 2012 XC60 3.2, 2005 V70, 1998 V40 2.0, 1996 440 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by nickv View Post
      Loving the Polestar tune on mine. My only add on wish is that it should offer a unique dash display beyond the "Polestar" driving mode display, possibly a Polestar blue theme to really set it apart from non-Polestar vehicles.

----
      2019 R Design
      100% agree with this. The way it is now, it's a bit underwhelming. I thought one of the advantages of using digital gauge clusters was the ability to easily change design/layout based on driving modes/settings.

Quote Originally Posted by piggington View Post
      My 2019 T6 was in the shop today to get it's first maintenance done. Something happened when they were trying to update the software, so my car ended up being at the shop all day.

I also purchased Polestar and got the kit with the badge. It seems that the car behaves differently, but in the drive mode it still says DYNAMIC.
      Could it be that the SW update is still missing (i.e. running pre May 2019 SW), but they enabled Polestar? How do I know which SW it has and has Polestar really been enabled?
      You will feel Polestar if installed, there is no possible confusion. As for the label, very likely it has not been updated. Only the last update says "Polestar" instead of "Dynamic".

Drive Mode

My wife's 2018 T6 Inscription has Polestar in the dash cluster but the drive mode still says Dynamic. It is strange how these seem to be different on some cars.

We have the MY17 models with the latest software but the drive selection mode still indicates Dynamic. However, once selected the IP Cluster displays Polestar.
      2017 XC90 Momentum + w/ Polestar & PAII / Osmium Grey, Blond/Charcoal Int. / Conv. Pkg / Vision Pkg. /20" Rims
      2017 XC90 Momentum + w/ Polestar & PAII / Black Onyx Metallic, Blond/Charcoal Int. / Conv. Pkg. / Vision Pkg. / 20" Rims

Quote Originally Posted by iron_man View Post
      We have the MY17 models with the latest software but the drive selection mode still indicates Dynamic. However, once selected the IP Cluster displays Polestar.
      About this, I've noticed it is random. I'm sure there is some method to the madness which I haven't figured out yet. My 2018 V90CC showed Polestar on the tacho screen but dynamic on the Sensus screen after the May 2019 software update. Recently, I had my 50k mile service, and along with it, the November 2019 software update, and now, both screens (Tacho + Sensus) show Polestar Engineered.
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolic View Post
      About this, I've noticed it is random. I'm sure there is some method to the madness which I haven't figured out yet. My 2018 V90CC showed Polestar on the tacho screen but dynamic on the Sensus screen after the May 2019 software update. Recently, I had my 50k mile service, and along with it, the November 2019 software update, and now, both screens (Tacho + Sensus) show Polestar Engineered.
      MY19s and newer show Polestar Engineered throughout. Earlier model years show what you wrote.

MY19s and newer show Polestar Engineered throughout. Earlier model years show what you wrote.
      Now that would be too simple!

Mine is an MY18 and not an MY19 and shows Polestar Engineered throughout after the most recent (Nov) Sensus update. Before it (and after the May update), only the tacho screen showed Polestar while Sensus still showed Dynamic!
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

So it turns out I had my 30K service done before Nov. so I received the earlier update. My wife's XC90 went in on Dec. so she received the latest software update. While mine only shows Polestar on the IP cluster, my wife's shows Polestar on the drive mode selection screen as well as the IP Cluster. So this is not specific to MY2019 as we have MY2017s.
      2017 XC90 Momentum + w/ Polestar & PAII / Osmium Grey, Blond/Charcoal Int. / Conv. Pkg / Vision Pkg. /20" Rims
      2017 XC90 Momentum + w/ Polestar & PAII / Black Onyx Metallic, Blond/Charcoal Int. / Conv. Pkg. / Vision Pkg. / 20" Rims

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolic View Post
      Now that would be too simple!

Mine is an MY18 and not an MY19 and shows Polestar Engineered throughout after the most recent (Nov) Sensus update. Before it (and after the May update), only the tacho screen showed Polestar while Sensus still showed Dynamic!
      Happy for you! Glad it’s working for your car.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_man View Post
      So it turns out I had my 30K service done before Nov. so I received the earlier update. My wife's XC90 went in on Dec. so she received the latest software update. While mine only shows Polestar on the IP cluster, my wife's shows Polestar on the drive mode selection screen as well as the IP Cluster. So this is not specific to MY2019 as we have MY2017s.

I just went into dealership for the 30K service as well (right before x-mas) and was informed they updated the software as well. The driving mode only shows dynamic; no polestar on IP cluster or driving mode selection screen. Is it supposed to be updated accordingly (i.e. like the pictures)? I hope polestar wasn't deleted or something during update, since you mentioned yours is also a '17.

FYI: I had polestar installed when I ordered the '17 XC90 for OSD. So I have the badge and had registered with polestar early on.

Any truth to Polestar mode turning the gauges blue on MY2020s?
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) |

Is this update something only the service dept can do? I have a '17 with Polestar but I'm still seeing Dynamic everywhere.

I also have an '18 Polestar and sent a link of this thread to my SA while it was int the shop for an airbag light and gaps in the sunroof seal (3rd replacement). Despite having the car in just a few weeks ago for scheduled service (and presumably software updates), my car still showed "Dynamic". After yesterday's software update, it now shows Polestar in the tachometer, and "Polestar Engineered" in the drive mode options list. I don't think my dealer was updating my software, despite me asking if it's up to date ever time I go in.

I have a 2017 and Dynamic shows up on my display.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve13 View Post
      Your's doesn't have the latest update. Take it to the service centre
      XC90 MY20 Onyx Black T6 Incription * Nappa Leather Perforated Maroon Brown
      Polestar Optimized * Premium Pack * Versatility Pack * Sport Steering Wheel * 21'' 8-Multi Spoke Black Diamond-cut Alloy Wheel *

Quote Originally Posted by Steve13 View Post
      Need the software updated. I had ours done on Saturday. Made quite a few things on the car function more smoothly.
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription with Polestar optimization

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements