Polestar Engineered Drive Mode?! - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by thorin33 View Post
      Any truth to Polestar mode turning the gauges blue on MY2020s?
      nope its silver still - only difference is Polestar appears under the gear modes. Kinda unimpressive. I got my 2020 XC60 T5 optimized yesterday.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve13 View Post
      I have a 2017 and Dynamic shows up on my display.

I was told by my dealer that on the S90 2017 and 2018 model years the Polestar will only be in the dash and Dynamic will be on the driver's mode screen. This holds true for my 2017 S90 T6 AWD P*

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS90 View Post
      I was told by my dealer that on the S90 2017 and 2018 model years the Polestar will only be in the dash and Dynamic will be on the driver's mode screen. This holds true for my 2017 S90 T6 AWD P*
      Not necessarily. My MY18 initially had Polestar show up only on the Speedometer screen. Further update during the next 10k service put the Polestar icon on the Sensus screen as well. And this was late last year.
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

And there is a new Polestar emblem for the rear of the car. It is now white...

My Dealer informed me that P* only shows up on the inside the dash in the gear selection and Dynamic on the drive mode for 2017-2018 model years.

Here is the new emblem (white now).

My Dealer informed me that P* only shows up on the inside the dash in the gear selection and Dynamic on the drive mode for 2017-2018 model years.
      Sorry but
      Nope
      You’re dealer is misinforming you.
      I have it on both, dash and sensus “head unit” MY2018

It’s an update for a module that either he doesn’t want to do or doesn’t know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Polestar added to my 2017 S90 when I bought it a few weeks ago. On the drive mode selector Polestar is shown instead of Dynamic that we have in our other non P* 2017 XC90.
      CURRENT:
      2017 S90 T6 Insciption P*
      2017 XC60 T6 R Design P*
      2017 XC90 T6 Insciption, OSD
      2007 S80 V8, Process of Being Passed to Next Generation of Volvo Owner/Driver
      1972 280se 4.5 (under going restoration)

I have a 2017 XC90 and mine says Polestar Engineered in Sensus since the update.

I just had my 2017 xc90 t6 r design upgraded with Pole Star. I got the white badge after and my dynamic mode was swapped out with P* engineered. My question is do I need to have it on the P* mode to experience the upgrade? or can I still leave it on comfort mode (daily driving) to experience the difference. I do notice a more aggressive acceleration and gears changes quicker and smooth in comfort mode. I want to make sure it is not in my head. lol!

Thank you all!

My 2016 says Polestar in the drive select mode and in the tach when activated. I had Polestar put on when I purchased it in early 2016.
      '16 Volvo XC90 R-Design - Passion Red - Polestar, Convenience, 4C Suspension, Bowers & Wilkins, CarPlay
      '18 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Tri-coat Red - Performance Upgrade Package, Enhanced AutoPilot
      SOLD - '13 XC60 R-Design - Ice White - Platinum, Climate Pkg w/ Boosters, BLIS

Quote Originally Posted by chunkaic View Post
      I just had my 2017 xc90 t6 r design upgraded with Pole Star. I got the white badge after and my dynamic mode was swapped out with P* engineered. My question is do I need to have it on the P* mode to experience the upgrade? or can I still leave it on comfort mode (daily driving) to experience the difference. I do notice a more aggressive acceleration and gears changes quicker and smooth in comfort mode. I want to make sure it is not in my head. lol!

Thank you all!
      I believe it makes a difference in all modes, not just P* Engineered / Dynamic
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription (71k)
      2009 BMW E93 M3 (49k)
      SOLD: 2007 S80 3.2 (86k)
      SOLD: 2008 XC90 V8 Executive (91k)(still going strong at 101k)
      SOLD: 2007 S80 3.2 (80k)

Quote Originally Posted by sdedson View Post
      Here is the new emblem (white now).
      I think this is the first T8 in the USA I see with Polestar. It just became available, right? Any feedback - how does it feel on the T8?

I think its been available a couple years. This is my 4th year driving a T8 and I wish I had done it earlier. I notice a difference and love it!

On my T8 there is a bit more power in Polestar Engineered than before. The revs are kept higher in PE mode to improve throttle response. There seems to be torque vectoring as it turns better under power than before.

Honestly, I wish the PE mode was added to the previous 4 modes for a total of 5 options. There is a place for the non PE power mode in my driving, with improved throttle response and sharper steering over Hybrid but without the higher revs.

I don't regret getting the option, but it would be nice to have 5 options... It's only software after all.

Sean
      Current:2020 XC90 T8 Inscription w/Air Suspension, Polestar
      Sold: 2016 XC90 T8 Inscription w/Air Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by sconnors11 View Post
      On my T8 there is a bit more power in Polestar Engineered than before. The revs are kept higher in PE mode to improve throttle response. There seems to be torque vectoring as it turns better under power than before.

Honestly, I wish the PE mode was added to the previous 4 modes for a total of 5 options. There is a place for the non PE power mode in my driving, with improved throttle response and sharper steering over Hybrid but without the higher revs.

I don't regret getting the option, but it would be nice to have 5 options... It's only software after all.

Sean
      Thanks for the feedback, guys.
      Sean - why can't you accomplish this with the custom driving profile? Would that not work?

I had a 2016 D5 and a 2017 T8. Both are gone now.

But my gf has a 2021 T8, recently picked up (with a very loud electric engine, I should add, it's getting checked, but I... well... ERAD?... anyhow...). I am considering polestar as a birthday present for her. To be honest, it's not the extra power. It just that the gear box is not always as smooth as I would like - and I am wondering whether Polestar tuning would solve that. I certainly saw a lot of improvement in that sense on a T6. Power-wise, I don't think she really needs anything extra... not with our roads and speed limits.
      Last edited by VxF; 10-12-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VxF View Post
      Thanks for the feedback, guys.
      Sean - why can't you accomplish this with the custom driving profile? Would that not work?

Not really, there's no middle ground between Hybrid and Polestar for the drivetrain like there would be if they kept Dynamic. It's a small critique.

Sean
      But it couldn't be the 5th as it optimizes all modes involving ICE, Hybrid included. So, your wish would mean having close to 8, if not more driving modes to cater for the before PE and after.

That's how accidents happen, selecting and figuring out driving modes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

Really!?!

Adding "Polestar Engineered" to the existing drive mode list would result in blood and death on the interstate?

Really!?!

Adding "Polestar Engineered" to the existing drive mode list would result in blood and death on the interstate?
      Blood isn't gonna come from the addition of drive modes, but lack of driver focus on the road while going through a long list of drive modes for a suitable one

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

23. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2