High pressure fuel pump upgrade
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

High pressure fuel pump upgrade

Hi everyone...Iíve done a few mods since last posting ie..hybrid turbo,Nissan skyline GTR intercooler pushing the power up to 200BHP...We are now maxing the fuel pump out!...does anyone know of a bigger fuel pump for the 2007 2.0d engine?..any advice would be greatly appreciated..😀

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That's basically a Ford engine. The most powerful variant came in the 2010-15 Mondeo 2.2 TDCI with 197 hp

You'll have to run an aftermarket fuel pump like a walbro, you could try a T5 pump but I cannot confirm if it's better or will even work.
      2007 V50 T5 AWD M66 ~ Custom machined weighted shiftknob powdercoated wrinkle polstarblue, Custom pod filter intake, Muffler delete, 18" Pegasus IPD Reps, EBC redstuff pads, EBC blank rotors.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Iíve been told itís a Peugeot engine?..lol..not sure the 2.2 engine is the same..thanks anyway 😀

Thanks for the info...was looking to see if the D5 pump may fit...the journey continues..lol..cheers for the feedback 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Greg1990 View Post
      Iíve been told itís a Peugeot engine?..lol..not sure the 2.2 engine is the same..thanks anyway 😀
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_D...q_engine#2.0_2

Interesting as I'm halfway down the same road.

I've had mine remapped, egr delete and dpf delete.

I would have hoped for around 210~220 bhp with a hybrid, where did you get the turbo from? And did you change it your self?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Hi Tomo..Thatís what my mapper was expecting?..around 220-230BHP! but the fuel pump is maxing out over 4000RPM!.. I got the turbo from AET Turbos in Normanton near Wakefield..phone number 01924 894171..the part number is GTA1756V..cost..£594..not cheap..lol..My friend installed it along with the massive skyline intercooler which only needed a small amount of metal removing behind the bumper to allow it to fit then he made all the custom pipe work to go with it.You will also need an uprarted MAP sensor to allow extra boost..you can get that from NB Styling phone number 01747 445097..ask for a Fiesta/Focus 1.6TDCI uprated 3.1 bar map sensor...cost..£46.50..its a direct fit..Iím in the process of talking with a lad who works for Dervtech in Manchester..He remembers tuning this engine back in the day and recalls that there is a bigger fuel pump I can fit along with injectors from a big engined Isuzu?..Heís yet to get back to me with the info?...To say how common this engine is Iím finding how little is known regarding tuning it beyond stage 1 maps!?...Iím determined if nothing else..lol..hope this was some help?...itís taken me quite a while to get this far..mine also has a custom made stainless exhaust and K&N filter...
      Last edited by Greg1990; 06-14-2019 at 04:19 AM.

Hi again..my fuel pump was faulty..there are 2 solenoids that regulate fuel pressure and they were buggered..lol..pump rebuilt..results..220BHP and well over 400ftlb of torque...just bought a methonal injection kit..should add another 20+BHP and around another 60+ftlb of torque...😀

The methanol kit added 19BHP and the torque has gone up to 435ftlb...well happy with the results.

that is some serious torque! can the drivetrain handle that?

Itís doing a superb job at present..the car has done 133,000 miles and is still on the original clutch..no slip whatsoever 😀

Methanol Kit , does it have a Sensor in it to Regulate the ECU by Informing it of the Ethanol Amount , Oh You stated ( Methanol Kit )

I Thought Ethanol was the In thing , coming down the Pike E30 , E40 , E15 . seems like P1 should be able to handle E15
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

Quote Originally Posted by EngTech View Post
      Methanol Kit , does it have a Sensor in it to Regulate the ECU by Informing it of the Ethanol Amount , Oh You stated ( Methanol Kit )

I Thought Ethanol was the In thing , coming down the Pike E30 , E40 , E15 . seems like P1 should be able to handle E15
      Sad to say it can't, at least not here in CO - E15 is rated 85 octane here - which is absolutely dumb considering vast majority of NA vehicles alone are tuned 87 Octane out of the factory. Wife always used to put 85 in hers till I corrected the issue and appreciates the full advance of the timing curve now. Her Outback is now less of a legless vet in a wheelchair and more a toddler when we put the pedal down.

I've run up 5 gallons of E85 without popping a CEL. I had to do the E85 conversion kit to get 100% E85, but while functional, it isn't ready yet for smooth operation in winter and some random summertime morning cold start issues.
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha - 10:1 Wisecos; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

Running a methonal/water injection kit on a diesel doesnít require any modifications to the ECU due to them combusting under their own heat...Petrol engines do need the ECU to know when the methanol is being injected as to advance the timing...I run a 50-50 mix of methanol to water ratio which basically brings pump diesel up to race octane fuel spec..ye can really tell the difference when itís switched on...I think the flow rate Iím running is around 150ml per minute...
      Last edited by Greg1990; 11-26-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Just installed a oil catch can as these engines donít breathe particularly well when modified..

Just installed a nitrous kit..😀

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements