SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Seatbelt chime/nag?

831 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  pattbritt 
#1 ·
I've got a 2019 XC60 T5 Inscription and have driven it every day for 8 months. Today, for the first time ever, I got a chime and a driver's display indicator that the seatbelt was not fastened. Because I'm in a parking garage at the start and end of each day, I often don't buckle up until I get to the exit. I have NEVER heard this seatbelt chime or seen that graphic displayed. Until today. And it only did it two different trips today, but not the final one where I left the driver's seatbelt unbuckled to test it. As I'm writing this, I realized that today I had put my computer bag on the passenger seat instead of in the back seat footwell like normal, and on the final trip the computer was placed in the back seat. Perhaps it was only chiming because the passenger seatbelt wasn't fastened?

Does the XC60 in fact have a seatbelt chime/nag for the driver's seatbelt? I rather enjoy NOT having it and thought it odd that Volvo would forgo that function in light of all the other safety features.

Insights?

#2 ·
Easy to replicate. Start car, leave your seatbelt off, and have nothing on passenger seat. Repeat test with bag on passenger seat. I believe the seats are waited, so the car might think there's a passenger and said passenger is unbuckled.

#3 ·
Hmm, I’m my 2018 T8, backing out of garage, seatbelt light came on briefly. I had my lunch in the passenger seat. I put it on the floorboard and the seatbelt light went out. I drive halfway to work with no seatbelt on and no warnings. Amazing how naked I felt without a seatbelt on... still, not a warranty item I would ever get fixed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Seatbelt reminder does not work. Chime would be safer.

We never get any visuals in the control center or any audible indicator when our seat belts are NOT fastened. There is a visual indicator above the rearview mirrror.. does anyone know how to turn this on? The manual says there should be both an audible and a visual indicator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.