On Call App Loses Connectivity with Car?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

On Call App Loses Connectivity with Car?

I've had my XC60 for 4 months and never have had an issue with the app until this past week. I have the driving journal enabled. On Mon. I drove 370 km to Toronto making 2 stops along the way so there should have been 3 legs recorded in the journal. On Tues. I checked the driving journal and it had recorded the 1st and 2nd legs of the trip but not the 3rd leg. Also, when I checked to see where my car was located it told me that it was still at the 2nd place that I had stopped which was 170 km from where my car was currently located. I have made this same trip several times with the exact same stops and never had an issue. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app on my phone..made no difference. The next day when I started the car, the driving journal did finally update after a few minutes as did the current location of the car. Anyone else have this happen?
      2019 XC60 Momentum T6 AWD
      Crystal White with black interior & charcoal headliner
      Climate Pkg, Vision Pkg, Convenience Pkg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by countryguy View Post
      I've had my XC60 for 4 months and never have had an issue with the app until this past week. I have the driving journal enabled. On Mon. I drove 370 km to Toronto making 2 stops along the way so there should have been 3 legs recorded in the journal. On Tues. I checked the driving journal and it had recorded the 1st and 2nd legs of the trip but not the 3rd leg. Also, when I checked to see where my car was located it told me that it was still at the 2nd place that I had stopped which was 170 km from where my car was currently located. I have made this same trip several times with the exact same stops and never had an issue. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app on my phone..made no difference. The next day when I started the car, the driving journal did finally update after a few minutes as did the current location of the car. Anyone else have this happen?
      Yep. Happens to me. A lot, actually. But only under certain circumstances.
      There's a freaking dead spot for VOC near my house. It's literally about 15 feet (5m) wide. Whenver we park in that area - VOC says the car is "in use" and driving journal only updates after we drive elsewhere.
      Also, when it's in a dead spot, can't remote start the car.
      This has happened to every Volvo we've ever owned that had VOC service (5 now).

My point here is - you must've hit a dead spot at that 2nd stop. Don't worry about it.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      Yep. Happens to me. A lot, actually. But only under certain circumstances.
      There's a freaking dead spot for VOC near my house. It's literally about 15 feet (5m) wide. Whenver we park in that area - VOC says the car is "in use" and driving journal only updates after we drive elsewhere.
      Also, when it's in a dead spot, can't remote start the car.
      This has happened to every Volvo we've ever owned that had VOC service (5 now).

My point here is - you must've hit a dead spot at that 2nd stop. Don't worry about it.
      I have stopped at the exact same spot at the 2nd location (Costco gas station) every time I have made the trip (at least 6 times since I got the car) and this was the first time this has happened. I don't think it is a dead spot.
      2019 XC60 Momentum T6 AWD
      Crystal White with black interior & charcoal headliner
      Climate Pkg, Vision Pkg, Convenience Pkg

Quote Originally Posted by countryguy View Post
      I have stopped at the exact same spot at the 2nd location (Costco gas station) every time I have made the trip (at least 6 times since I got the car) and this was the first time this has happened. I don't think it is a dead spot.
      However you want to interpret that - I just told you my experience over the past 4 years.
      As I pointed out, the dead spot I've encountered is about 2 lenghts of my car. One spot, out of the whole slew of places my cars have been - just no VOC communications get through there.
      Unless you consistently see missing trips and can't contact your car (at various spots) - it's not a real issue.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements