SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Someone stole the trim moulding off my V70R!

2K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  ZZZZZZZ 
#1 ·
Both sides! Not sure when it happened, but it is gone! I left it overnight at my office during recent business travel and it must have happened then. Noticed it as soon as I walked up to the car. What kind of jerk does that! What are my options now? I don't like the look of the bare channels.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

GLM

#8 ·
Slick top

#3 ·
Wtf is wrong with the world?!?
You’re in a bit of a pickle. NLA new anywhere. Your best bet is to quickly find ANY flat roof part out nearby and gently pry them off and replace with new clips after painting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
it's time to roll up your sleeves and as the bible says...do unto others as they've done to you. :D

id get a free meal while im at it. :D

#7 · (Edited)
Isn't it do unto other BEFORE they do unto you? LOL
I could kick myself because at the yard last year there was a flat roof and maybe one more with intact trim. I did not even think to carefully grab.
it's time to roll up your sleeves and as the bible says...do unto others as they've done to you. :D

id get a free meal while im at it. :D

#9 ·
That really sucks. As other's have said, NLA from Volvo. The full length pieces are difficult to ship without getting damaged. So, that can be a complication in getting used replacements.

Good luck.

#10 ·
Someone knew what they were after I'm sure. They probably have been stalking your caR for the perfect time. Hope you find them. No cameras in the office parking lot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Sadly, no camera, but they sure did know what they were looking for and they must have been watching for it for some time waiting for the right moment.

GLM

#13 ·
#14 ·
Thanks. I like the look of the slick top so going to find a solution even if I have to craft something myself.

GLM

#20 ·
Funny side story though. My wife always wanted me to put rails on the car to haul our bikes and I've always refused because I didn't want to risk damaging the trim. Her response to discovering the missing trim was, "Well know we can put the bike rack on the car!"

Nope

GLM

#21 ·
That is funny. Hobby car? Even if you have the other one, don't lose this one.
The load bars for rail-less cars are what I use to carry bikes. They work really well! Believe me- even a heavy assed 68 Schwinn Varsity will be secure.

#25 · (Edited)
Not sure why, but I can only see the video?
Looks and sounds GREAT!!! :cool:
Looks like you have the same color of SS interior my friend Darryl has...
I'll have to get ahold of him and see if I can get a couple other pics, but here's some from a few years ago; a couple at a show, and a couple with old, lower-quality cameras.
The better ones I have are on a different computer. But you get the idea ;)
The biggest show in the Pac NW is the last weekend in July at the state fairgrounds south of Seattle. Sponsored by Good Guys. Runs 3 days. They typically get 3000-3500 cars.
Mostly vintage Detroit iron :D

#27 ·
#29 ·
Another attempt.

GLM

#30 ·
When I worked at a gas station for a couple years in high school the owner had a barn full of 409's, 396's' and lots more. Impalas, Chevelles, Vettes, Biscsynes and El Cominos to name a few. I would say his son Ken was 9 when I work there. When he turned 16 he started driving the Mr. 409.

#31 ·
When I worked at a gas station for a couple years in high school the owner had a barn full of 409's, 396's' and lots more. Impalas, Chevelles, Vettes, Biscsynes and El Cominos to name a few. I would say his son Ken was 9 when I work there. When he turned 16 he started driving the Mr. 409.

Great picture. If I didn't find a 65 I was going to buy a 63 (like the one in the photo). That car (and family) is pretty well known in the 409 community.

GLM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.