OSD for 11/23-12/2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OSD for 11/23-12/2

Hello everyone,
      My wife and I just placed an order for a v60 with OSD and pick up for 11/25. We will be flying in to Gothenburg and spend a couple days there and a couple days in Stockholm. We will be dropping it back off in Gothenburg. As far as plans, we are completely open to suggestions. I figured spend 3 days in Gothenburg, 1 day between Gothenburg and Stockholm(Linkoping?), 3 days in Stockholm, 1 day between Stockholm and Gothenburg(Orebro?), then last day in Gothenburg to return the car and fly back. I know we have a couple extra days as well. Those midway points are just ideas, if there is something that can make it a bigger loop or be a day trip in the other direction we are open for it, maybe mountain driving. We'd like to see some cool Christmas decorations, castles, museums, nice restaurants, festivals, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, maybe a sauna.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Läckö Slott Castle is an easy day's drive northeast (about 100 miles) of Gothenburg. We stayed at a castle called Bjertorp Slott that wasn't too far from Läckö Slott, and was very nice. They had a great restaurant too. Here is a link: https://bjertorpslott.se/en/about/pictures/
      OSD ordered 2017 XC90 Inscription Luminous Sand with Blonde Leather and Charcoal carpet, 234 wheels, Convenience, Climate with HUD, Vision, B&W Sound, Polestar and air suspension

Thanks. We planned on going to Lacko Slott but it appears to not offer tours in November. Bjertorp Slott seems interesting also.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by schmitty8225 View Post
      Thanks. We planned on going to Lacko Slott but it appears to not offer tours in November. Bjertorp Slott seems interesting also.
      +1 for Lacko Slott. https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...tional+picture

We stayed at the Naturum Vanerskargarden, it's walking distance to the castle and is shoreside to the lake. Was the most relaxing and peaceful stop of our visit.
      http://naturum.lackoslott.se/Default.aspx

Hello everyone,
      My wife and I just placed an order for a v60 with OSD and pick up for 11/25. We will be flying in to Gothenburg and spend a couple days there and a couple days in Stockholm. We will be dropping it back off in Gothenburg. As far as plans, we are completely open to suggestions. I figured spend 3 days in Gothenburg, 1 day between Gothenburg and Stockholm(Linkoping?), 3 days in Stockholm, 1 day between Stockholm and Gothenburg(Orebro?), then last day in Gothenburg to return the car and fly back. I know we have a couple extra days as well. Those midway points are just ideas, if there is something that can make it a bigger loop or be a day trip in the other direction we are open for it, maybe mountain driving. We'd like to see some cool Christmas decorations, castles, museums, nice restaurants, festivals, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, maybe a sauna.
      Linkoping is about a 2 hour train ride south of Stockholm. Very nice little town. People are very friendly but not a whole lot to do as far as I could tell. The few times I have been there the weather was warm so for late Nov you might find the town even sleepier. I was there for work.
      Future: 2020 V60 T8 P*
      Current: 2018 V90 T6
      Previous: 1972 1800E | 1983 240 DL | 2005 V70R | 2007 C70 T5

Quote Originally Posted by jedj View Post
      Linkoping is about a 2 hour train ride south of Stockholm. Very nice little town. People are very friendly but not a whole lot to do as far as I could tell. The few times I have been there the weather was warm so for late Nov you might find the town even sleepier. I was there for work.
      Good to know. I just picked two random towns halfway between Gothenburg and Stockholm. Like I said we are totally open to any suggestions 😉

In late November, a lot of places will be closed and there may be some snow/ice on the road. Just drive carefully and you will be fine.

My suggestion: spend more time in Stockholm. It is a wonderful city with so many things to do and see.

If you look in the thread with Läckö Slott pictures, you will see our view of the castle when we visited in November: snow everywhere. Although the castle itself was closed to visits, we still walked around the place and enjoyed the lake views.

Nearby is Lidköping. There isn't much to do there (especially in November) but there are some reasonable hotels. I don't know if it is still there, but back then, there was an outlet store selling crystal and ceramic stuff. They had a lot of nifty things. Just a word of warning: crystal is heavy! You can easily go over the bag weight limit if you are not careful (don't ask me how I know).

I don't remember well, but I think the crystal route (think Orrefors, etc) was south of the Norrköping, Linköping and Jönköping route.

Good luck on your trip planning!
      2018 XC90 T8 AWD Momentum Plus, Denim Blue, convenience, air suspension, B&W, HUD, etc
      2005 S60 2.5T AWD (OSD) Platinum Green, Premium, Convenience, Climate, Bi-Xenon, etc
      Previous:
      2016 XC90 T6 AWD (OSD) Momentum Plus, Magic Blue, vision, convenience, air suspension, B&W, HUD, etc
      2004 XC90 T6 AWD (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by ig_mb View Post
      In late November, a lot of places will be closed and there may be some snow/ice on the road. Just drive carefully and you will be fine.

My suggestion: spend more time in Stockholm. It is a wonderful city with so many things to do and see.

If you look in the thread with Läckö Slott pictures, you will see our view of the castle when we visited in November: snow everywhere. Although the castle itself was closed to visits, we still walked around the place and enjoyed the lake views.

Nearby is Lidköping. There isn't much to do there (especially in November) but there are some reasonable hotels. I don't know if it is still there, but back then, there was an outlet store selling crystal and ceramic stuff. They had a lot of nifty things. Just a word of warning: crystal is heavy! You can easily go over the bag weight limit if you are not careful (don't ask me how I know).

I don't remember well, but I think the crystal route (think Orrefors, etc) was south of the Norrköping, Linköping and Jönköping route.

Good luck on your trip planning!
      I figured the bigger cities would be open but smaller towns not much would be happening because of it being the off season. That is part of the charm for us though. Even though I'm a born Floridian I enjoy driving on the snow and have done it several times with and without winter tires. We'll have to rent some at Volvo so I'm not worried about ice driving all that much. I know that probably wont be Nokian Hakkapeliitta but it would be cool if they were.
      I didn't even think of getting any crystal or ceramic. Just one more thing for us to consider.

Hello everyone,
      Hello! We are also from Orlando and returned last month from a 2 week OSD trip in Sweden, Norway, and Denmark. If you do go to Lidkoping I highly recommend staying at the Villa Milsten B&B. Therese, the proprietor is wonderful and will be able to give you many suggestions for restaurants and places to see. We took the ferry from G'borg to Fredrikshavn, Denmark and drove to Skagen. Not sure if that is something I would do in November/December. But what I would do is google Christmas markets Europe and see which cities along your proposed routes have markets. That will give you all the Christmas decorations, food, drink, and atmosphere you could possibly want. Have fun! And btw where did you order your car?

Iweenie mention of Christmas reminds me of one other thing: expect *lots* of Christmas decorations everywhere you go. The Swedes like to get into Christmas spirit really early on.

BTW, when I mentioned possible snow/ice, it is just that: possible -- don't expect Wisconsin level of snow. The southern part of Sweden doesn't get much snow and they really good at keeping the roads nice and clean. However, depending on weather and specifics of the road, ice is always possible. Just drive slow and you will be fine.

On our 2004 trip, we didn't have any winter tires just the standard "all-weather" tires that came with the car. The car has AWD which came in really handy when we visited Läckö Slott. An overnight storm had added some snow over whatever was already there, and since we were the first loonies to pull into the empty parking lot, we didn't know that there was ice under the pristine snow carpet. The car didn't have any trouble maneuvering around, but we certainly noticed it when we stepped off the car and started sliding all over the place while trying to get traction with our shoes. We had a good laugh that afternoon!
      2018 XC90 T8 AWD Momentum Plus, Denim Blue, convenience, air suspension, B&W, HUD, etc
      2005 S60 2.5T AWD (OSD) Platinum Green, Premium, Convenience, Climate, Bi-Xenon, etc
      Previous:
      2016 XC90 T6 AWD (OSD) Momentum Plus, Magic Blue, vision, convenience, air suspension, B&W, HUD, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Iweenie View Post
      Hello! We are also from Orlando and returned last month from a 2 week OSD trip in Sweden, Norway, and Denmark. If you do go to Lidkoping I highly recommend staying at the Villa Milsten B&B. Therese, the proprietor is wonderful and will be able to give you many suggestions for restaurants and places to see. We took the ferry from G'borg to Fredrikshavn, Denmark and drove to Skagen. Not sure if that is something I would do in November/December. But what I would do is google Christmas markets Europe and see which cities along your proposed routes have markets. That will give you all the Christmas decorations, food, drink, and atmosphere you could possibly want. Have fun! And btw where did you order your car?
      Awesome. What volvo did you end up purchasing? We were thinking of possibly driving to Copenhagen. We've found several christmas markets and festivals in Stockholm and one at Kalmar Slott. We ordered from Winter Park Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by ig_mb View Post
      Iweenie mention of Christmas reminds me of one other thing: expect *lots* of Christmas decorations everywhere you go. The Swedes like to get into Christmas spirit really early on.

BTW, when I mentioned possible snow/ice, it is just that: possible -- don't expect Wisconsin level of snow. The southern part of Sweden doesn't get much snow and they really good at keeping the roads nice and clean. However, depending on weather and specifics of the road, ice is always possible. Just drive slow and you will be fine.

On our 2004 trip, we didn't have any winter tires just the standard "all-weather" tires that came with the car. The car has AWD which came in really handy when we visited Läckö Slott. An overnight storm had added some snow over whatever was already there, and since we were the first loonies to pull into the empty parking lot, we didn't know that there was ice under the pristine snow carpet. The car didn't have any trouble maneuvering around, but we certainly noticed it when we stepped off the car and started sliding all over the place while trying to get traction with our shoes. We had a good laugh that afternoon!
      That is great to here, we were a little worried that they may not start Christmas as early as Americans. Snow tires are required in Sweden from Dec 1 - Mar 31. I'm assuming they'll make us have them because we will be there until the 2nd. I'm confident in Swedens ability of keep the roads clear and safe for winter driving. Ice is the trickier stuff to drive on so we will be on the look out for that the entire trip.
      For whatever reason the v60 with AWD is not available for OSD unless we went with the CC, which we didn't want but a good set of winter tires would beat AWD and all season tires. Plus we live in Florida so the likelihood of ice ever being on the roads here are 0, though I plan on getting the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S so if we go up to NC and they get some snow we will still be decently in control. We also always pack small crampons that fit over shoes whenever we go places in the winter.

We ordered from there as well. We bought an XC90-T6. It cleared customs in Brunswick, GA on 7/3 and, per Barbara at OSD, as of this a.m., they're waiting for the port gods to release the car so Volvo can ship it to Winter Park. It's pretty much on target for the date we were given (7/17) when we dropped off the car in G'borg.

And you should definitely go to Copenhagen. If you haven't checked out this website-you should!: https://www.visitdenmark.com

I might see you and your new Volvo driving around Orlando next year!

In an emergency, I used a pair of socks over my shoes to improve tractiion (if they are the same color as your shoes, they are hardly noticeable. LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Iweenie View Post
      We ordered from there as well. We bought an XC90-T6. It cleared customs in Brunswick, GA on 7/3 and, per Barbara at OSD, as of this a.m., they're waiting for the port gods to release the car so Volvo can ship it to Winter Park. It's pretty much on target for the date we were given (7/17) when we dropped off the car in G'borg.

And you should definitely go to Copenhagen. If you haven't checked out this website-you should!: https://www.visitdenmark.com

I might see you and your new Volvo driving around Orlando next year!
      Thats good to here. They seemed like they knew what they were doing but Volvo was having some issues getting our order finalized. I was thinking it was going to be in Baltimore so knowing it will be coming in Brunswick is good for us because we are expecting it in January. Look for a Fusion Red Inscription, we were going to go Denim Blue but saw the red one they had and my wife loved the color so we went with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 808dakine View Post
      In an emergency, I used a pair of socks over my shoes to improve tractiion (if they are the same color as your shoes, they are hardly noticeable. LOL)
      Haha thats brilliant.

We are less than a week away. To say we are excited is an understatement. We are going through the checklist to make sure we have everything covered. So far we have
      -Arranged pick up at the airport
      -RSVPd for dinner
      -Scheduled our delivery time
      -Rented winter tires
      -Ordered our lunch
      -Confirmed the factory tour
      -Set our return time and date to the FDC

Obviously we need passports and drivers licenses but what other paperwork or documentation do we need to bring with us to ensure everything goes smoothly.
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription Fusion Red Luxury and Advanced Package

We are less than a week away. To say we are excited is an understatement. We are going through the checklist to make sure we have everything covered. So far we have
      -Arranged pick up at the airport
      -RSVPd for dinner
      -Scheduled our delivery time
      -Rented winter tires
      -Ordered our lunch
      -Confirmed the factory tour
      -Set our return time and date to the FDC

Obviously we need passports and drivers licenses but what other paperwork or documentation do we need to bring with us to ensure everything goes smoothly.
      Take the Volvo travel groups phone number and details with you (just in case). In 2017 our SAS departure city (Chicago) encountered severe thunderstorms and our flight to Chicago was cancelled and there were no later flights. So we had to go back home and delay one day. We called Volvo travel and it took until the next morning for them to re-book us. Interestingly enough SAS did not have customer service open on the weekends so Volvo travel had to work some magic to get us going again. Luckily we had built in an extra day in Gothenburg so it all worked out well.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

Is it recommended to alert one's financial institutions to not be surprised by foreign transactions?

Quote Originally Posted by eksy View Post
      Is it recommended to alert one's financial institutions to not be surprised by foreign transactions?
      I think nowadays the algorithm used to detect fraud is much better than previously. Whenever we travel we don't have to do anything with our credit card but it just recently picked up a fake charge locally.

Depends on the card.
      My Amex cards don't need notification, but Visa and MC cards do.
      2018 XC60 Momentum T8 (OSD March 2018)

Yes. Notify when you will travel and where. Nothing beats when you are departing to the airport and CC company stops hotel payment.. A bit of planning can save a lot of hassle.

/kleks (did 15+ years of travel for work worldwide)

Thats good to here. They seemed like they knew what they were doing but Volvo was having some issues getting our order finalized. I was thinking it was going to be in Baltimore so knowing it will be coming in Brunswick is good for us because we are expecting it in January. Look for a Fusion Red Inscription, we were going to go Denim Blue but saw the red one they had and my wife loved the color so we went with that.

Haha thats brilliant.
      Excited for you all.. We stopped in Winter Park last year to see the Denim Blue in person before committing to our OSD. Met with the new GM there. Being a British fellow, he seemed genuinely excited that we were going the OSD route.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherwillsmith View Post
      Excited for you all.. We stopped in Winter Park last year to see the Denim Blue in person before committing to our OSD. Met with the new GM there. Being a British fellow, he seemed genuinely excited that we were going the OSD route.
      That was the color we were going to choose then my wife saw the Fusion Red in person and changed her mind to that. GM and our Sales guy were great to work with. They both seemed really excited about it and said they get maybe 2 dozen OSD's a year. We got a great rate with them for financing and didn't have any fees tacked on but are doing all the paperwork for it.

Check the folder/packet that came from Volvo that confirmed your order. I seem to remember that you have to take your Order with you and present that at the FDC. That may have changed though with the updated online ordering process that other have mentioned these past few months?

Have a wonderful time!!
      Last edited by drboo; 11-19-2019 at 09:58 PM. Reason: addition
      2019 XC40 T5 Inscription (OSD), Luminous Sand, Adv, Prem, Vis, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel Packages, Harmon Kardon, Four-C Active Chassis
      2012 S60 T5

Quote Originally Posted by Kleks View Post
      Yes. Notify when you will travel and where. Nothing beats when you are departing to the airport and CC company stops hotel payment.. A bit of planning can save a lot of hassle.

/kleks (did 15+ years of travel for work worldwide)
      +1
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Quote Originally Posted by drboo View Post
      Check the folder/packet that came from Volvo that confirmed your order. I seem to remember that you have to take your Order with you and present that at the FDC. That may have changed though with the updated online ordering process that other have mentioned these past few months?

Have a wonderful time!!
      Regardless of what may be needed by them, you want to have a copy of your order so you can compare with what they are delivering.
      One of the things you sign is that you agree the car matches your order.

Well, we are back and had a wonderful experience. Aside from United everything was amazing. The flight over was very comfortable with SAS Plus. I usually can't sleep on a plane but was able to get a couple hours of sleep on the trip over. We arrived in Gothenburg after a couple layovers at 11:45 on Sunday. Taxi driver was there waiting for us after we picked up our luggage. We opted to stay at the Clarion the first night we were there before we picked the car up on Monday. We got to the Clarion before our room was ready but they let us drop the luggage off and explore the town. We ended up walking around and ate at a burger place. We went back to the hotel after lunch and our room was ready. We took a nap for a couple hours before dinner at Norda. Norda was very good but not the best food we ate this trip. We found out later most of the other people eating that night were also doing the OSD. Breakfast was also good and had a wide spread.

The Clarion was already decorated for Christmas and the rest of the town was getting ready. When we returned, there was even more Christmas decorations around town. This was the Clarion at night the first night we were there.
      [IMG]hhttps://i.imgur.com/VwyRf6s.jpg[/IMG]
      Monday we were picked up to meet our car. When we got to the Vistor Center they had an awesome old Volvo on display. I don't remember the model exactly but I'm sure some expert could ID it within a second.

Finally we got to see our car for the first time and it was stunning.

After picking up the car, having lunch, touring the factory, buying some souvenirs and accessories(Head pillows) we went back to the hotel to pick up our luggage and head west towards Stockholm. We went towards Lacko Slott and ending up getting a picture there. We got there around 4:30 and it was already pitch black so we have a night picture of the car in front of the castle. Great thing about going in the offseason is being able to drive right up to it and get as many pictures as we want.

We made it to Stockholm around midnight or 11 and checked in for the night.

Tuesday morning, we went north of Stockholm to see Viking rune stones. Again we were the only ones doing this and didn't see anyone else at any site the entire time we did this.

That night we walked around Stockholm and went to the Noble Museum and the Christmas market at Stortorget

Afterwards we walked around and saw all the Christmas displays the city puts out for the holiday.

Wednesday, we explored the subway station art in the morning before things opened up. Its a wonder so many people pass by this every day.

We ate at Oaxen Krog for dinner that night and it was one of the best meals of our lives. I'm not a fan of seafood and neither my wife or I drink, they were still able to make meals for us that were out of this world. We had a 10 course meal with 10 additional bites.

Thursday morning, we left Stockholm and drove down to Kalmar for Thanksgiving. Going to Kalmar was a great change of pace from Stockholm, very calm and serene. While checking in the hotel told us about how that our room included dinner and breakfast. We checked in to our hotel then went to the castle to see the Christmas market, which also had Christmas stories being acted out, before dinner. We already had dinner reservations but decided what would Thanksgiving be without stuffing yourself into a food coma. We walked to the Castle, then went to our dinner reservations at Postgatan. This was another very good meal not up to the standards of Oaxen Krog obviously but very good and probably one of the best restaurants in Kalmar.

Last edited by schmitty8225; 12-06-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Wonderful report! Sounds like you had a blast!

Unfortunately, the pictures don't show. When inserting URLs, make sure they are URLs to the JPEG, not to the page containing the picture.
      I'm not sure google allows this.
      Previous:

[QUOTE=schmitty8225;7464807]Well, we are back and had a wonderful experience. Aside from United everything was amazing. The flight over was very comfortable with SAS Plus. I usually can't sleep on a plane but was able to get a couple hours of sleep on the trip over. We arrived in Gothenburg after a couple layovers at 11:45 on Sunday. Taxi driver was there waiting for us after we picked up our luggage. We opted to stay at the Clarion the first night we were there before we picked the car up on Monday. We got to the Clarion before our room was ready but they let us drop the luggage off and explore the town. We ended up walking around and ate at a burger place. We went back to the hotel after lunch and our room was ready. We took a nap for a couple hours before dinner at Norda. Norda was very good but not the best food we ate this trip. We found out later most of the other people eating that night were also doing the OSD. Breakfast was also good and had a wide spread.

The Clarion was already decorated for Christmas and the rest of the town was getting ready. When we returned, there was even more Christmas decorations around town. This was the Clarion at night the first night we were there.

Monday we were picked up to meet our car. When we got to the Vistor Center they had an awesome old Volvo on display. I don't remember the model exactly but I'm sure some expert could ID it within a second.

Finally we got to see our car for the first time and it was stunning.

After picking up the car, having lunch, touring the factory, buying some souvenirs and accessories(Head pillows) we went back to the hotel to pick up our luggage and head west towards Stockholm. We went towards Lacko Slott and ending up getting a picture there. We got there around 4:30 and it was already pitch black so we have a night picture of the car in front of the castle. Great thing about going in the offseason is being able to drive right up to it and get as many pictures as we want...

Sounds like a great trip with a lot of good memories. The pictures you linked in your message didn't come through. I hope you can redo as we all would enjoy seeing them. If you can, please post a picture of your Lacko Slott pop-in here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...tional+picture Trying to make it the official OSD piture, just like the BMW'r do with the Neuschwanstein Castle.

Thanks for the pics and the write up! Helps me relive our OSD where we also did the Xmas market in Gamla Stan.

OK fixed those pictures.
      Friday after Thanksgiving it became colder and started to snow. The snow didn't start until we were driving through Orrefors on our way to Maleras. We stopped in Maleras Glassworks and bought some things and watched them make some wine glasses. Apparently Black Friday is a thing in Sweden and some other people were upset that Maleras wasn't having a Black Friday sale. We continued to drive through the light snow and got to Copenhagen around 4 in the afternoon. We check in to our hotel and rent bikes to explore the city. We ended up biking to Tivoli and seeing the Christmas decorations there. Going to Tivoli was an amazing experience and knowing that Walt Disney was so influenced by it was very cool. You could definitely see how many ideas he took from there. We ended up buying the wristband and riding all the old classic rides there. It was fun riding a rollercoaster from 1914 where a guy standing on the ride controls the brake.

The next day we biked around some more, saw the Little Mermaid statue, went to the Danish Design Museum, then toured Christiansborg Palace. The size of the palace is astonishing and bigger than what we expected.

This chair was designed and built in the 1700's

[QUOTE=schmitty8225;7465225]OK fixed those pictures.

Enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for going through the effort of reposting. Will help with others planning on where to go on their OSD. Weather was really different from Orlando, eh? Happy Holidays!

[QUOTE=schmitty8225;7464807]Well, we are back and had a wonderful experience. Aside from United everything was amazing. The flight over was very comfortable with SAS Plus. I usually can't sleep on a plane but was able to get a couple hours of sleep on the trip over. We arrived in Gothenburg after a couple layovers at 11:45 on Sunday. Taxi driver was there waiting for us after we picked up our luggage. We opted to stay at the Clarion the first night we were there before we picked the car up on Monday. We got to the Clarion before our room was ready but they let us drop the luggage off and explore the town. We ended up walking around and ate at a burger place. We went back to the hotel after lunch and our room was ready. We took a nap for a couple hours before dinner at Norda. Norda was very good but not the best food we ate this trip. We found out later most of the other people eating that night were also doing the OSD. Breakfast was also good and had a wide spread.
      After picking up the car, having lunch, touring the factory, buying some souvenirs and accessories(Head pillows) we went back to the hotel to pick up our luggage and head west towards Stockholm. We went towards Lacko Slott and ending up getting a picture there. We got there around 4:30 and it was already pitch black so we have a night picture of the car in front of the castle. Great thing about going in the offseason is being able to drive right up to it and get as many pictures as we want.

That's a really unique picture of Lacko Slott, unlike any at https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...tional+picture

[QUOTE=808dakine;7465267]
      OK fixed those pictures.

Enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for going through the effort of reposting. Will help with others planning on where to go on their OSD. Weather was really different from Orlando, eh? Happy Holidays!
      Haha it really was and we enjoyed every second of it. Its already back up to the 80's here.
      Quote Originally Posted by 808dakine View Post

That's a really unique picture of Lacko Slott, unlike any at https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...tional+picture
      It wasn't intentional, the early sunsets are really early. Plus there are no lights around the castle so I just randomly drove until I couldn't any more and took the picture. No idea if I was allowed there but it was completely empty the 30 minutes we were there walking and driving around.

I note you passed through Orrefors on your way South. What did you think of it, may I ask? When we OSDed three years ago we were told that it had basically dried up as a destination since the crystal production had moved overseas and to give it a pass.

I note you passed through Orrefors on your way South. What did you think of it, may I ask? When we OSDed three years ago we were told that it had basically dried up as a destination since the crystal production had moved overseas and to give it a pass.
      Yeah, nothing was happening there at all. The wine stopper we got from Volvo/Orrefors was made in China. However it wasn't more than a 10 minute detour on our way to Maleras and Kosta so it just gave us a minute to stretch out legs.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast