2020 updates?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 35 of 35

    Thread: 2020 updates?

    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Posts
      7

      2020 updates?

      Dealers are starting to receive the 2020 XC60. Anyone heard of any changes that would make one pass up a good deal on a 2019?

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,319
      Quote Originally Posted by Trappist View Post
      Dealers are starting to receive the 2020 XC60. Anyone heard of any changes that would make one pass up a good deal on a 2019?
      Didn't heard of anything new on 2020 XC60.

      Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    4. #3
      Junior Member Ventura CA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Ventura CA
      Posts
      325
      Increased range on T8
      2020 XC60 | T8 | OSD
      2018 V90CC | OSD
      2013 XC60 | R Design
      2012 C70 | Platinum P* Volvo Front & Elevate Rear Bars

      Past: 2016 XC90 T8 | 2012 XC70, OSD | 2012 S60 | 2009 XC70 | 2008 C70, OSD| 2006 S60R | 2003 XC70, OSD | 2000 S40

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      6

      T8 2020 increased range

      Quote Originally Posted by Ventura CA View Post
      Increased range on T8
      From what I've read, the range increase is marginal. IMHO if you can find a 2019 model, buy it instead - I just did this, and because end of model year (along with the car being a dealer demo, having 114 miles on it) MSRP of $74,100 for an Inscription came down to $61,995 before tax, tag, title, etc.

      Apply Fed & State PHEV credits and you're in the wheelhouse with a T6 with the same options packages.

    7. #5
      Junior Member Dilinger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Athens,Greece
      Posts
      150

      2020 updates?

      Several safety features updated and now standard with more active intervention from the car plus some standard equipment add-ons on top of 19 model year, depending on the market.

      Also, updated transmission and engines (B4,B5) and new regenerative braking system KERS.
      T8 gets better range.

      Some more minor updates that i can’t remember right now..


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Dilinger; 11-25-2019 at 04:09 PM.
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx - Amber - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360° - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

    8. #6
      Junior Member BigBang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      World
      Posts
      797
      Quote Originally Posted by Dilinger View Post
      Several safety features updated and now standard with more active intervention from the car plus some standard equipment add-ons on top of 19 model year, depending on the market.

      Also, updated transmission and engines (B4,B5) and new regenerative braking system KERS.

      Some more minor updates that i can’t remember right now..


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Depending on the market B4 and B5 do not exist on US market.

      It also does not exist in the Middle East market. There are only T5 and T6 models in the Middle East market
      Last edited by BigBang; 11-25-2019 at 03:49 PM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

    9. #7
      Junior Member Dilinger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Athens,Greece
      Posts
      150
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      Depending on the market B4 and B5 do not exist on US market.

      It also does not exist in the Middle East market. There are only T5 and T6 models in the Middle East market
      No T8?
      T5 and T6 are now replaced with Petrol B5 and B6



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx - Amber - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360° - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

    10. #8
      Junior Member BigBang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      World
      Posts
      797
      Quote Originally Posted by Dilinger View Post
      No T8?
      T5 and T6 are now replaced with Petrol B5 and B6



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      XC60 T8 not exist on Middle East market, ONLY T5 AND T6 : https://www.volvocars.com/en-ae/buil...design#engines OR https://www.volvocars.com/en-kw/buil...design#engines




      On US market not EXIST B5 AND B6: https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/s...design#engines




      FYI Also in Africa not there is B4 and B5
      Last edited by BigBang; 11-25-2019 at 04:26 PM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

    11. #9
      Junior Member jubilantjesse's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Trappist View Post
      Dealers are starting to receive the 2020 XC60. Anyone heard of any changes that would make one pass up a good deal on a 2019?
      I noticed the 2020 R-Design exterior side mirrors have a black cap for all colors instead of silver like in 2019. Definitely not worth passing up a good deal on a 19 for

      2019:


      2020:

    12. #10
      Junior Member stocis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Cyprus
      Posts
      123
      i'm expecting my R-Design to be released from customs this week

    13. #11
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      223
      I was at the LA Auto show last night, which is one of the more high profile auto shows. Volvo wasn't even there. I was surprised, given that Volvo has been there all the other years I've gone (and I've gone for about 15 years straight). Every year I always left impressed by the Volvo interiors, styling, and comfort.

      Anyway, i suspect they are not on the auto show circuit as much this year because they don't really have much that is new to show.

      Many of the vehicles I was looking forward to seeing: The new Mustang EV, the Lincoln Cosair, Genesis sedans, were all soundly unimpressive. I left more certain than ever that I'll be leasing a new XC60 when my current one goes back to the dealer. I sat in the Acura RDX, which I had seriously considered, and played with the infotainment system for about 15 minutes. Its ridiculously bad, and the visibility out the back is a joke.

      On the other hand, M-B's new infotainment system is sweet.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

    14. #12
      Junior Member RootDKJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      699
      2020’s get the windscreen clip back.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

    15. #13
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Lewisberry Penn
      Posts
      399
      The packaging is much better on the 2020, at least for the US market. If you want a really base car then go with the '19. But once you start adding features, especially on Momentum, it's really hard to make an argument for a 2019. At the dealer level, we're struggling to get rid of them while trying to point to the best value for customers. Plus you get the little plastic clip in the windshield on a 2020!

    16. #14
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      936
      Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
      and the visibility out the back is a joke.
      Yes, seems to be a very annoying trend outside of Volvo..
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    17. #15
      Member tarrbot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Detroit, MI
      Posts
      1,805
      I don't know if it was a specific package or not but the 2020 I drove as a loaner when my 2019 was in for the 10k service didn't have the bag holders in the back. The ones that hold grocery bags up that are on the sides.

      2006 S60 Willow Green
      2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver
      2019 XC60 Osmium Grey


    18. #16
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      Plus you get the little plastic clip in the windshield on a 2020!
      $2 USD Do folks find it useful?

    19. #17
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      66
      Quote Originally Posted by vlvownr View Post
      $2 USD Do folks find it useful?
      We have it in my 2011 C70 OSD. Used it a lot in Europe, not so much here. When we got our 2018 XC60 T8 OSD my wife noticed it had no clip. I installed one this week. My wife is now very happy. Best $2.00 I've spent in a while!!
      Current
      OSD 2018 XC60 T8 | Onyx Black | Blonde/Blonde Int | Heated Fr Seats & Steering Wheel | Convenience-Vision-Advanced Packages | Air Suspension | 20" Wheels
      OSD 2011 C70 | Flamenco Red

    20. #18
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      6
      Oh, forgot to mention: "Big Safety Brother" is imposing a 112 MPH speed limiter setting on all 2020 Volvos. Just one more thing to be aware of...

    21. #19
      Junior Member Lucca's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      222
      Quote Originally Posted by BLS1965 View Post
      Oh, forgot to mention: "Big Safety Brother" is imposing a 112 MPH speed limiter setting on all 2020 Volvos. Just one more thing to be aware of...
      I believe that applies starting with MY 2021 vehicles
      Our garage...

      2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT - Machine Gray Metallic/Cherry Top/Black (FUN LITTLE TOY!!!)
      2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature - Machine Gray Metallic/Auburn Nappa (replacing with a OSD 2020 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered)
      2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design w. Polestar tune - Black Sapphire Metallic/Offblack (Sold 2014)
      2006 Volvo S40 T5 Premium/Sport Package - Electric Silver/Offblack (Sold 2016)

    22. #20
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Northeast USA
      Posts
      295
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucca View Post
      I believe that applies starting with MY 2021 vehicles
      You guys will just have to drive to 112MPH and see for yourself. I’m sure if a cop pulls you over he’ll let you go if you say it’s a test all in the name of knowledge.

    23. #21
      Junior Member Lucca's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      222
      Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy View Post
      You guys will just have to drive to 112MPH and see for yourself. I’m sure if a cop pulls you over he’ll let you go if you say it’s a test all in the name of knowledge.
      Yup... I was just about to add that I don’t even remember the last time I went over 100mph. Unless you’re planning to race your Volvo, that really shouldn’t even matter.
      Our garage...

      2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT - Machine Gray Metallic/Cherry Top/Black (FUN LITTLE TOY!!!)
      2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature - Machine Gray Metallic/Auburn Nappa (replacing with a OSD 2020 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered)
      2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design w. Polestar tune - Black Sapphire Metallic/Offblack (Sold 2014)
      2006 Volvo S40 T5 Premium/Sport Package - Electric Silver/Offblack (Sold 2016)

    24. #22
      Junior Member Catfiend's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      Olympic Peninsula
      Posts
      99
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucca View Post
      Yup... I was just about to add that I don’t even remember the last time I went over 100mph. Unless you’re planning to race your Volvo, that really shouldn’t even matter.
      Or maybe if you're taking it to Germany during an OSD vacation. I've never been over 100mph driving a car and have no desire to do it. I've done it on motorcycle - I miss my little RZ350 - but I wouldn't do that again having gotten older and realizing I'm mortal.

    25. #23
      Junior Member stocis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Cyprus
      Posts
      123
      Not applicable on 2020 models. I, um, "tested" it last night and it passed with flying colours (207km/h ~ 130mph).

    26. #24
      Junior Member Jersey John's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      128
      Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
      I was at the LA Auto show last night, which is one of the more high profile auto shows. Volvo wasn't even there. I was surprised, given that Volvo has been there all the other years I've gone (and I've gone for about 15 years straight). Every year I always left impressed by the Volvo interiors, styling, and comfort.

      Anyway, i suspect they are not on the auto show circuit as much this year because they don't really have much that is new to show.

      Many of the vehicles I was looking forward to seeing: The new Mustang EV, the Lincoln Cosair, Genesis sedans, were all soundly unimpressive. I left more certain than ever that I'll be leasing a new XC60 when my current one goes back to the dealer. I sat in the Acura RDX, which I had seriously considered, and played with the infotainment system for about 15 minutes. Its ridiculously bad, and the visibility out the back is a joke.

      On the other hand, M-B's new infotainment system is sweet.
      I'm not surprised that Volvo wasn't at LA. They've been scaling back their presence on the car-show circuit for the past 3-4 years. The costs that are incurred don't always provide the returns that are expected and that money could be funneled into other avenues that will garner more responses from potential customers.
      If winning isn't everything, then why keep score?

      Every day I'm convinced that Common Sense isn't common.

    27. #25
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      2
      The bigger crystal gear knob on the 2020 does looks much better than the 2019 for me. And it feels more comfortable too.

    28. #26
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,319
      Quote Originally Posted by nullspirit View Post
      The bigger crystal gear knob on the 2020 does looks much better than the 2019 for me. And it feels more comfortable too.
      Like it too. Is retrofit possible to 2018 T8? I hope no VIDA restriction in this.

      Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    29. #27
      Junior Member DoctorAce's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      10
      Quote Originally Posted by nullspirit View Post
      The bigger crystal gear knob on the 2020 does looks much better than the 2019 for me. And it feels more comfortable too.
      Also worth noting that on the T8 the manual gear change has been to a left/right motion of that knob rather than pulling back to lower gears as on previous models. I have read of some folks accidently changing down a gear or two when engaging B mode so this removes that possibility.

    30. #28
      Junior Member RootDKJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      699
      Quote Originally Posted by DoctorAce View Post
      Also worth noting that on the T8 the manual gear change has been to a left/right motion of that knob rather than pulling back to lower gears as on previous models. I have read of some folks accidently changing down a gear or two when engaging B mode so this removes that possibility.
      That’s a worthy upgrade. I’ve done the accidental B->downshift before. Usually when pulling out of the garage. I forget I’m in drive (auto-brake hold) and then I tap down twice. Lol I’ll learn eventually.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

    31. #29
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Bellingham, WA
      Posts
      107
      Quote Originally Posted by mommere View Post
      We have it in my 2011 C70 OSD. Used it a lot in Europe, not so much here. When we got our 2018 XC60 T8 OSD my wife noticed it had no clip. I installed one this week. My wife is now very happy. Best $2.00 I've spent in a while!!
      Currently driving a 2019 V90 CC sans windscreen clip...used to fasten ferry tix, self-park tix, the lot, when we had a 2015.5 V60...found it v. useful. Where did you actually purchase your clip, and how was it attached?

    32. #30
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      66
      Bought the clip here. It came with installation instructions

      https://www.firstvolvoparts.com/oem-...-clip-31651857
      Current
      OSD 2018 XC60 T8 | Onyx Black | Blonde/Blonde Int | Heated Fr Seats & Steering Wheel | Convenience-Vision-Advanced Packages | Air Suspension | 20" Wheels
      OSD 2011 C70 | Flamenco Red

    33. #31
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      NC USA
      Posts
      343
      Quote Originally Posted by tarrbot View Post
      I don't know if it was a specific package or not but the 2020 I drove as a loaner when my 2019 was in for the 10k service didn't have the bag holders in the back. The ones that hold grocery bags up that are on the sides.
      I believe the grocery bag holders are a package option on the 2020.
      2013 XC60>2015.5 XC60>2018 XC60, 2020 XC60.
      2016 XC90 Inscription>2018 XC90 R-Design Polestar

    34. #32
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Location
      No. VA
      Posts
      185
      Quote Originally Posted by vlvownr View Post
      $2 USD Do folks find it useful?
      Yes. I just had it put on my car. Use it daily for my parking permit.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

      Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

    35. #33
      Junior Member Dilinger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Athens,Greece
      Posts
      150
      I think its now time to wait for MY21 as it should be presented around February.?
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx - Amber - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360° - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

    36. #34
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Warsaw, Poland
      Posts
      28
      Quote Originally Posted by Dilinger View Post
      I think its now time to wait for MY21 as it should be presented around February.?
      What kind of changes you expect for 21?

    37. #35
      Junior Member Dilinger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Athens,Greece
      Posts
      150
      I really don't know what should be expected.
      The most possible change could be, maybe a slight increase in the T8 range (?).
      As its start to fall behind competition..
      And maybe some equipment thrown in standard configuration?
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx - Amber - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360° - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Similar Threads

    1. 2020 updates to XC60 T8 to be similar to XC90?
      By sgturner in forum XC60 (SPA: 2018- )
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 03-02-2019, 12:06 PM
    2. Replies: 6
      Last Post: 05-20-2018, 01:11 PM
    3. Complimentary S60 Software Updates Vs. Pay Updates
      By Gmouse in forum S60, S60CC & V60, V60CC (2011-2018)
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 12-20-2017, 09:43 AM
    4. Nov 2016 - Doing full Software Updates - Update to the Updates. LOL
      By eyeloveteeth in forum XC90 (SPA: 2016 - )
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: 11-09-2016, 11:20 AM
    5. Replies: 2
      Last Post: 01-26-2010, 12:01 AM