Welcome to SwedeSpeed
You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
FS: 1997 V90 171k
1997 Volvo V90
White exterior, dove grey interior
171K original miles
- Rust-free Texas car brought to NJ in 2013
- 4 speed auto with 3 mode select (eco, sport, winter)
- 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS
- Rear transverse leaf spring suspension with regular shocks (non-Nivomat)
- 16” Volvo alloys (orig 15” wheels also included)
- Power windows, door locks, front seats, moonroof, heated side mirrors
- 3rd row seat included (not installed)
- Original 8-speaker Volvo SC-816 stereo updated with Bluetooth
- Intact and properly working V90 cup holders! (hard to find these days)
- Factory alarm, 2 key fobs
- Body very good, a couple of minor defects but overall the paint is bright and clear, good glass; missing front lip spoiler; bumpers could use a respray.
- Interior, overall good condition, leather is clean and solid with some wear visible
- Mechanical: Runs very well, always starts, no check engine light, emissions/EVAP system functions correctly (NJ inspection thru 7/2020). No oil, coolant, transmission, or steering leaks. Transmission shifts well, great brakes and steering. Smooth idle, great highway cruising. AC blows cold. Exhaust is quiet and solid. Good battery, good tires (3 Yokos, 1 Goodyear).
Click here to watch it start and idle:
- Defects: cracked rear tail-light, a couple of window switches, cracked or missing lower trim on driver’s seat, dome light is possessed, driver’s side headlight wiper not working. Tailgate window washer doesn’t spray. Starting cold in the winter, the transmission needs about 30 seconds to warm up.
****Radiator core started leaking in 2018, so I had it bypassed. AC works great but no heat in cabin for now.***
I bought this car off a dealer lot in Texas in 2013 with 156k miles. Work since then:
- Timing belt, water pump, radiator.
- Tailgate struts, hood struts
- Charcoal evap canister, purge valve
I used it mostly as a weekend car for biking because it can fit several bikes in the back without a need for roof or other racks. Fits two full sized mountain bikes upright with front wheel removed and still room for at least one rear passenger.
Last edited by CAC_V90; 07-14-2019 at 09:24 AM.
By alex_v in forum S90 & V90, V90CC (SPA: 2017 - )
Last Post: 11-02-2016, 06:18 PM
By AthruC in forum FWD & AWD Cars For Sale
Last Post: 10-06-2015, 01:06 AM
By TFIVEM in forum V70 & V70XC & XC70 (2001-2007)
Last Post: 06-05-2012, 04:51 PM
By yellow95 in forum 940, 960, S90 & V90 (1990-1998)
Last Post: 05-30-2007, 06:10 PM