Osd 8/16 - 8/23 - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Osd 8/16 - 8/23

The car has started its journey to the US!! It left Gothenburg around 8:45am (my time in California). Its currently headed to Zeebrugge where it will change boats. Should be there tomorrow night (again my time) and leave sometime on Saturday.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

[QUOTE=rkohou;7396791]Thnx for the links and Places. Sure to use some of them in October.

Bambuhiphop-great write up and photos.

Rkohou-when do you get your wheels? I’ll pick mine up from the factory on 10/7 and I can’t wait!

Osd 8/16 - 8/23

I’m getting mine on Oct 11th and let me not even mentioned how long of a wait it is since the end of March.
      The only thing that worries me is the post from last week with the 30 day delay in production/delivery for Seth - member here. I hope that was a one time fluke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by rkohou; 09-04-2019 at 06:32 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Car (on the boat) passed through the Gatun Locks yesterday. Had a busy morning at work so I got a bit lucky to get this screenshot.

Getting close. Ceared customs yesterday morning after landing in port on the 5th. Still waiting to be released back to Volvo. Looks to be on track for the 22nd!!

Soon! Nothing like the second delivery! Congrats on getting the locks pic!
      Last edited by eksy; 10-11-2019 at 12:12 PM. Reason: addition

Sales rep texted on Thursday afternoon that car had been released to trucking company. Emailed Barbara yesterday and car was scheduled to leave port yesterday as well. I’m 6 1/2 hours north of Hueneme, so barring anything crazy I should have it in just few days time!!

Don’t think I can properly express level of excitement. Carrying my docs with me everyday, haha. Cool part is dealership is 2 miles from the office so once it’s ready I can be there near instantly!

Quote Originally Posted by eksy View Post
      Soon! Nothing like the second delivery! Congrats on getting the locks pic!
      Thanks. Got lucky with it. Was running around the office. Stopped by my desk and there it was. Quick screenshot and then back to work.

Arrived!!!!

Got an email from Barbara yesterday that the truck didn’t show up to the port on Friday but was already scheduled to be picked up and should be at the dealer today, Wednesday. They gave me a coupon off service or accessories for the trouble. This meant it would arrive 1 day past the estimate I received in Sweden.

I drove by the dealership at lunch and no car. Stopped by for a “coffee” break around 3... no car.

Last stop was at 5 on my way to pick up one of the kids. Asked if there were any deliveries today. Sure enough it had landed!!! I shot over and picked up the kid, met the wife and other kiddo at home, piled into 1 car, and was back over at the dealer by 6:30. It was all detailed up and ready to go. Signed the DMV paperwork, slapped the temp plates on, inspected for any damage (all good) and was on my way to dinner by 6:45.

We dropped the car off in Sweden on 8/23 and had it back in our hands on 10/23. Exactly 2 months.

We really had a smooth process the whole way. I stayed on top of things and had to make a few repeat communications but, all in all, very easy and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Hopefully my little thread here contributes back to this community. This board has been a superb source of information that really, really improved our experience. I am very great full for that. Cheers

That’s a good-looking car! Congrats.

Congrats! My wife and I were in the same OSD group as you. We were the couple that waved at you when you were leaving Smögens Hafvsbad.

Our V60 was just released from Customs Friday afternoon. Hoping to see it again sometime this week.

Quote Originally Posted by nolift View Post
      Congrats! My wife and I were in the same OSD group as you. We were the couple that waved at you when you were leaving Smögens Hafvsbad.

Our V60 was just released from Customs Friday afternoon. Hoping to see it again sometime this week.
      We remember you guys well. I hope the rest of your Sweden tour was awesome. Congrats on almost getting your car too. Your close!

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2