We are looking into OSD for a V60CC and have concerns about winter pickup.
1. We are summer travelers so the cold is an issue. Like how bad does it really get in late December? 30f? 20f? Wind chill? Obviously there are no guarantees but we don't want to suffer Everytime get in and out of the car.
2. I see that we will be required to rent winter tires. $150. Will we need chains if it snows? Again, I know that there are no guarantees, amounts of unexpected snow etc. But in general, are these types of things going to be issues?
3. What about salt/sand? I don't want to damage the car in 1-2 weeks of snow driving. We live in southern California so it's not like it's going to see snow at all in this cars future. Do they use salt in Sweden? How bad would it actually be to drive around for two weeks in those conditions? I don't want have a brand new salt/sand pitted car delivered.
4. I see there may be factory closure dates of 12/23-12/31. Does that mean even the drop off is closed?
5. All that said, maybe driving in winter conditions will be fun. I just want to make sure we aren't setting ourselves up for a terrible trip and a ruined car.
Any constructive thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.