Do you get to keep the Swedish temp plates?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Do you get to keep the Swedish temp plates?

I was wondering if you get to keep the temp Swedish plates with ODS. If so, anyone have one for sale?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes, you get to keep them, and no I don't want to sell mine
      OSD ordered 2017 XC90 Inscription Luminous Sand with Blonde Leather and Charcoal carpet, 234 wheels, Convenience, Climate with HUD, Vision, B&W Sound, Polestar and air suspension

Quote Originally Posted by jtriebe View Post
      Yes, you get to keep them, and no I don't want to sell mine

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

They can be found on ebay... aprox $40 for the going rate.

No way I’m selling one😎
      Hers - 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription via OSD His - 2016 MB C300 Sport 4matic
      Just for fun - 2001 Honda S2000 - also hers

I'd be happy to sell mine . . . for USD$100,000
      2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      “Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.” - Theodore von Karman

And so, in the state of MA, I need front and back plates. Creative ideas to have both MA and my Swedish plates, please?

Quote Originally Posted by caribchakita View Post
      And so, in the state of MA, I need front and back plates. Creative ideas to have both MA and my Swedish plates, please?
      I just mount the State plate on top of the "Red" plate. There are a few OSD that do this.Makes it fun to spot one. On my commute I see a house where there are 2 OSD Volvo's. I really want to stop & talk to them. But I'm afraid of a stalking order
      Sold: 98 V70 2.5T 289k Miles
      Sold 05 V70 2.5
      Sold: 05 XC90 2.5T 313986 Miles
      Traded 2017 V60 Platinum Mussel Blue OSD
      2019 XC60 Inscription (almost OSD)

I've had a few great conversations with red plate people I've encountered in parking lots. It's like a secret club!
      2018 XC60 Momentum T8 (OSD March 2018)

I'm trying to talk my dad into giving me his green plate, but not likely while he is still driving. I'm going to see if I can get a viynl decal version made and put it on the back window

Quote Originally Posted by skibum50 View Post
      I've had a few great conversations with red plate people I've encountered in parking lots. It's like a secret club!
      Ditto! The White "See Sweden by Volvo" sticker and the FDC license frame, likewise, attracts many an enjoyable conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by 808dakine View Post
      Ditto! The White "See Sweden by Volvo" sticker and the FDC license frame, likewise, attracts many an enjoyable conversation.
      True that! Actually had a guy in a newish MB follow me to my destination the other day to ask some questions about my V90 T6 Inscription. The red plate and S sticker drew his eye to the car, and as he looked at the styling he got more curious. First words out of his mouth were, “what a fabulous looking car, what is it, where did you get it...etc, etc.”

We kept red plates on the front and had our Alabama tag customized with the same letters as our Swedish tag. Love this secret little club even though I haven't met another member yet stateside. I did see one red plate in Disney World parking lot once but no one around the car. On the other hand we get countless remarks like "Overseas delivery.. I've never even heard of that..Very cool!"

Where? I can't find em...
      Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      They can be found on ebay... aprox $40 for the going rate.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by anotherwillsmith View Post
      We kept red plates on the front and had our Alabama tag customized with the same letters as our Swedish tag. Love this secret little club even though I haven't met another member yet stateside. I did see one red plate in Disney World parking lot once but no one around the car. On the other hand we get countless remarks like "Overseas delivery.. I've never even heard of that..Very cool!"
      It's been a few years since we visited Legoland in San Diego, but they used to have a section "reserved" for Volvo cars. The day we visited, there were three other OSD cars very close to ours.
      2018 XC90 T8 AWD Momentum Plus, Denim Blue, convenience, air suspension, B&W, HUD, etc
      2005 S60 2.5T AWD (OSD) Platinum Green, Premium, Convenience, Climate, Bi-Xenon, etc
      Previous:
      2016 XC90 T6 AWD (OSD) Momentum Plus, Magic Blue, vision, convenience, air suspension, B&W, HUD, etc
      2004 XC90 T6 AWD (gone but not forgotten)

Red Plate for sale....

Quote Originally Posted by MEPowell View Post
      I was wondering if you get to keep the temp Swedish plates with ODS. If so, anyone have one for sale?

I have a red plate I am not using and will sell. Send best offer.

texasbiggs
      Texasbiggs
      OSD April 2017 Momentum Plus / Conv. and Vision packages / Onyx and Amber / P* / 20" wheels /

Quote Originally Posted by likeXC90 View Post
      I'd be happy to sell mine . . . for USD$100,000
      Just curious, is that for one or the pair???
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Lost my red plate somewhere between the dealership and home today. I need a more secure way to attach. I had a European frame that snaps together with the plate sandwiched in the frame. Apparently it came apart and plate fell out. Luckily I have a spare plate. But if I see it on someone’s car we’re going to have words..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by anotherwillsmith View Post
      Lost my red plate somewhere between the dealership and home today. I need a more secure way to attach. I had a European frame that snaps together with the plate sandwiched in the frame. Apparently it came apart and plate fell out. Luckily I have a spare plate. But if I see it on someone’s car we’re going to have words..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Did you retrace your drive? You might still be in luck . . .
      2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      “Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.” - Theodore von Karman

After I returned home from picking up my car at the dealership, I noticed they had swapped my Gothenburg FDC plate frame with a dealer frame. I was seconds away from calling them with some choice words when I checked under the cargo floor and found it. I immediately swapped it back. But still that was quite presumptuous!
      MY19 OSD - XC40 T5 AWD Momentum (Osmium grey metallic)

Quote Originally Posted by neovolvophyte View Post
      After I returned home from picking up my car at the dealership, I noticed they had swapped my Gothenburg FDC plate frame with a dealer frame. I was seconds away from calling them with some choice words when I checked under the cargo floor and found it. I immediately swapped it back. But still that was quite presumptuous!
      It was on the car when I left the dealership.. Retraced my steps today but, no luck..

OSD plates on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Where? I can't find em...
      Search for "Swedish license Plates" or here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/1/i.html?_f...LH_TitleDesc=1
      2013 S60 T5 (OSD 9-2012) Vibrant Copper/Beechwood | Platinum, Climate, Technology | Styling, Njord wheels

Thank you. That's wild. I must not have typed in the right search words. In any case, I did get one, but in my haste, did not even think about the fact that the delivery date was 10 years in the future.
      If ANYONE has 2007 plates, I would love to get one for my VR.
      Quote Originally Posted by jcushing View Post
      Search for "Swedish license Plates" or here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/1/i.html?_f...LH_TitleDesc=1
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

My dealer put my MA plates on top of my precious red Swedish plate. YUCK. I am thinking about taking off the front MA plate and putting that on a suction cup on the windshield, when I travel out of state. I live on Cape Cod and not sure the police would care...

I recently saw one on a previous-generation XC60 in Connecticut, which technically also requires front and back plates. So they have been driving around like that for a few years.
      Current: Subaru Outback 2015, Limited

Nearly half the states in the US have no front plate requirement, so many of us keep the red plate there. I've also seen several that have their regular plate mounted over the red plate on either front or rear, so that's another option.

Although it certainly happens, you're unlikely to ever get a ticket for not having a front plate even in states that require one. Most of the time that happens only when you're getting one for another reason, such as overtime parking at a meter or something like that.

Can you remind me: do you need to remove the plates when you drop the car off in Europe and take them with you? One of my colleagues said he left them on the car, and they weren't there when it got back to the us.
      Future:
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription (Osmium Gray, Charcoal Nappa Leather, Luxury Seat Pkg, Advanced Pkg,
      Bowers and Wilkins, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel, Linear Lime, Polestar Tune) ~Via OSD on 10/9/19

Currently:
      2015.5 S60 T5 Drive-E (Silver Metallic, Off-Black Leather, Platinum Trim, Climate Pkg, BLIS Pkg, Urbane Wood)

Previously:
      2012 S60 T5 (Silver Metallic, Off-Black Leather, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, Park Assist, BLIS, Urbane Wood) ~Via OSD on 10/4/11
      2006 S40 T5 (Passion Red, Quartz Leather, Premium & Sport Pkgs)

We left them on and had no issue. Reminded the local dealer they were not to be removed during delivery 2 prep (along with the white rear window sticker and Gothenburg liscense plate holder).
      Hers - 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription via OSD His - 2016 MB C300 Sport 4matic
      Just for fun - 2001 Honda S2000 - also hers

We removed one, as suggested by others in this forum, and brought it back with us; just in case. The second plate made it as well though, and we too reminded the dealer to not remove the S sticker or FDC plate holder.
      Last edited by drboo; 09-16-2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: typo
      2019 XC40 T5 Inscription (OSD), Luminous Sand, Adv, Prem, Vis, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel Packages, Harmon Kardon, Four-C Active Chassis
      2012 S60 T5

At least one needs to be on the car during shipment. I left both on, and they arrived at my local dealer in fine condition. The dealer knew I wanted them to stay on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by drboo View Post
      We removed one, as suggested by others in this forum, and brought it back with us; just in case. The second plate made it as well though, and we too reminded the dealer to not remove the S sticker or FDC plate holder.
      Good thinking........
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Heads up, my partner received a prototype plate frame that attaches to my tow hook on the front. It works BEAUTIFULLY and does not obscure the camera. www.licenseplates.tv was the site. I wish I could figure out how to post here. Will post on my IG now under my "story".

IG: blissfilledtravel

I wish I could figure out how to post here. Will post on my IG now under my "story".
      It's very easy: just host the picture elsewhere and post the URL to the JPEG (ie, to the picture, not to the page with the picture).

36. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements