ATTN EVERYBODY.... No more free software!!!! - Page 12
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
      Damn I just ponied up for another 3 day subscription. I was intending to update my car with the latest software updates given that they might not be free or a hassle to get. What the hell, it is kind of fun to hook up the car and watch the software do its thing.
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription Onyx Black, BW, Leather Dash, Convenience, Vision, Luxury, Air Suspension, Climate, 21" Wheels
      2017 Bolt Premium Red
      2015 Kia Soul EV+ gone
      2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid gone
      2014 Toyota Rav4EV (one of 2600 compliance California only cars) gone
      2011 Nissan Leaf gone
      2005 and 2006 Prius both gone
      2001 NSX Supercharged, Headers, Exhaust, Coilovers, Big Brakes gone after 14 years but not forgotten
      1999 Lexus GS400 Exhaust, Intake, ECU Chipped gone
      1991 NSX Exhaust gone after 5 years
      65 other cars owned and gone Infinity Q45a modified, Q45, XJ6, 2Jeeps, 12+VWs, Austin Healy, 3MGB, Datsun Fairlady 2000, 240Z, 280Z, 7 Corvettes, countless company cars Buicks, Fords, Chevys.
      1953 Ford Flathead, My first car. My second car was a white four door Rambler stick shift. The only redeeming quality was that the front seats folded down completely
      When I had a real job many years ago I worked in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Western Europe, Singapore, the US and of Course Mexico. Seen a lot.....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by drmanny3 View Post
      Damn I just ponied up for another 3 day subscription. I was intending to update my car with the latest software updates given that they might not be free or a hassle to get. What the hell, it is kind of fun to hook up the car and watch the software do its thing.
      Are you seeing the November update already?!

The November update is not out yet.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      The November update is not out yet.
      I didn't think so, which was why I was surprised he already bought the 3-day subscription.

I have not yet activated the subscription, so I will wait a bit for the actual update to be available.
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription Onyx Black, BW, Leather Dash, Convenience, Vision, Luxury, Air Suspension, Climate, 21" Wheels
      2017 Bolt Premium Red
      2015 Kia Soul EV+ gone
      2011 Nissan Leaf gone
      2001 NSX Supercharged, Headers, Exhaust, Coilovers, Big Brakes gone after 14 years but not forgotten
      65 other cars owned and gone Infinity Q45a modified, Q45, XJ6, 2Jeeps, 12+VWs, Austin Healy, 3MGB, Datsun Fairlady 2000, 240Z, 280Z, 7 Corvettes, countless company cars Buicks, Fords, Chevys.
      1953 Ford Flathead, My first car. My second car was a white four door Rambler stick shift. The only redeeming quality was that the front seats folded down completely
      When I had a real job many years ago I worked in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Western Europe, Singapore, the US and of Course Mexico. Seen a lot.....

Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      Volvo has requirements on what training the techs need. BUT it depends on the people the dealer hires too. Cheap paying dealers will get cheap (aka bad) techs.

My dealer pays the premium for techs with my skill/training thus the customers get a premium experience from techs that actually care about their work/job.

Is there a way for Service Advisers to check if a vehicle has (or doesn't have) Service 2.0 software during the customer check-in process?

Ideally (and if technically feasible), you'd want Service Advisers to check each car that comes in for service 2.0 software update (and for open Recalls). If the car doesn't have it, add to the RO for the tech to perform the update.

Dealers make their money on service and used cars/CPO (not so much on new car sales). If Volvo is reimbursing dealers for this software update, Service Advisers should be checking each VIN that comes in. This is a customer centric approach, and it's also good for the dealer as it's reimbursed work (probably not much, but it's still guaranteed additional service revenue). It's a good way for the dealer to bump their RO dollar amounts.

Also, if Volvo's Service Marketing team was looking to boost Service Retention with this offer, they should've sent mailers or email campaigns to educate/remind customers about this update and it's benefits (and to ask for it next time they service with a volvo dealer). This way customers would know to request this update when they go in for service.
      Last edited by AJS1KR; 11-07-2019 at 06:35 PM.

That question has two answers, depending on the dealership setup.

First, the advisor should definitely be able to check for open recalls and service campaigns. That should be done on every car coming in. This new policy will show up in the same place as those. So they should see the vehicle is eligible for the Service 2.0 update and add the line to the repair order (if the car is in for a FSM).
      They wouldn't be able to tell if the car actually has any updates available.

Some dealers might have advisors with VIDA. Those would be able to see if the vehicle has any updates. Doing this would kinda be a waste of time. They still have to make sure it is eligible for the free update. So it would be best to just add the line and let us handle it from there.

If you bought a Volvo in US while Volvo was representing free software upgrades, and Volvo denies such upgrades -- Volvo will not only be required to provide such upgrades, but will face hefty fines, as well.

If Volvo USA denies promised upgrades, they need to suffer economically. And they will.
      2018 V90 T6 Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
      If you bought a Volvo in US while Volvo was representing free software upgrades, and Volvo denies such upgrades -- Volvo will not only be required to provide such upgrades, but will face hefty fines, as well.

If Volvo USA denies promised upgrades, they need to suffer economically. And they will.
      No they won't. Because the updates are back. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post

Good one!
      2016 XC90 T6 First Edition (64k)
      2011 Mini Cooper Clubman JCW (84k)
      SOLD: 2007 S80 3.2 (86k)
      SOLD: 2008 XC90 V8 Executive (91k)
      SOLD: 2007 S80 3.2 (80k)

No they won't. Because the updates are back. Relax.
      Sounds to me like all is good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      On order: 2020 S60 Polestar Engineered, Osmium Grey
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Denim Blue/Blonde
      former: 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Crystal White/Charcoal, 2006 XC90 V8 Titanium Gray/Graphite

I should probably create a new thread, but I'll just post this information here.

As of today, Volvo has a new policy for the Service 2.0 software update.

Program Eligibility & Parameters

· Dealers must have VIDA Wi-Fi installed to be eligible for reimbursement.

· The program will be effective from November 1, 2019 – December 31, 2020.

· Service 2.0 must be performed with a scheduled maintenance service .

· Reimbursement is for labor only, software is delivered at no charge.

· Retailers will be reimbursed for ONE Service 2.0 software update per vehicle within a 12 month period.

· Punch time is not required for software downloads and Factory Scheduled Maintenance claims.

· Service 2.0 is only applicable to SPA and CMA vehicles. (P3 vehicles are excluded)

· Can be performed 1 time during the course of the program when performing a scheduled maintenance service.

· Vehicle inquiry must be checked prior to performing to confirm vehicle eligibility.

· Software 2.0 is not claimable with a workshop visit performed as a result of a customer complaint and/or when a total upgrade is claimed to address a customer concern.

· Service 2.0 does not replace PDS Software and cannot be claimed prior to the customer taking new car delivery.

· Service 2.0 can be installed during the reconditioning/inspection process outlined within the Certified by Volvo program guidelines.

whats the service manager bulletin number for this?
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

How does one know if the software upgrade is actually performed? I’m at the dealer now and I complained that CarPlay would work infrequently. They said they would upgrade the software to 2.0, curious how I will be able to tell if the actually did the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Theanimala View Post
      How does one know if the software upgrade is actually performed? I’m at the dealer now and I complained that CarPlay would work infrequently. They said they would upgrade the software to 2.0, curious how I will be able to tell if the actually did the work.
      My understanding is that you can’t really check, but sometimes the update changes something on your screen visually.....so it depends on what you are updating from and to.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      ”Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”

I guess at some point you need to take people at their word or find another dealer you can have some trust in. You should be able to take a look at the paperwork before it is turned in. When you get your car you often have to sign all the different sheets. Read them to see what was actually done and what was charged to warranty etcetera.
      2017 Bolt Premium Red
      2015 Kia Soul EV+ gone
      2011 Nissan Leaf gone

To clarify, you need to ask that the "software updates" be performed. A software update is no longer automatic, unless there is an error code, a (verified) warranty complaint or a request by owner.

It is important to know that updates are not upgrades (or vice versa).
      - A software update should be listed on your work order and invoice and noted as performed. (That is how my dealer does it.)
      - An upgrade is a new feature/function that you do not currently have for which you are probably paying an additional amount.

Ask your service advisor, or your service manager, if there is no documentation.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 14 Nov 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

If you are in for a FSM, you shouldn't need to ask for the software if it is once within the timeframe outlined above.

And the software is actually called an "upgrade".

What will be plausible complaint for T8I 2019 (with vision, etc), to get a software update ?
      I also don't have the previous one from June(?) installed I think, as car was delivered at the same time as update was rolled out

21. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12