Steering malfunction
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Steering malfunction

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this error " Steering Malfunction stop safely"? I will be taking it into the dealer in the morning It will be quite a work out though.2015.5 V60 Drive-E
      Last edited by Throwback7r; 08-30-2017 at 09:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey. Did you get this figured out. I know the thread is two years old, but mine says the same thing this morning. Looking for some direction.

Does that mean you lost power assistance to your steering? Is it now very hard to turn (especially at low speeds)?
      If I'm not mistaken, the power steering pump is electrical (not belt) driven so maybe it's a fuse. That would be the first place I'd check.
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quite an old thread. To the second poster, power steering problem maybe? Take car in for diagnostic or to Autozone and get codes read.

My wife said the car drives perfectly fine, just has a Steering Malfunction warning when she drives. I'm assuming there's a sensor of some sort. Autozone generally will only give you an OBDII related code. I suppose I'll have to get VIDA setup and check the car out. Don't have time or $$ to take it to Volvo.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements