Grocery Bag Holder?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Exclamation Grocery Bag Holder?

I'm sitting here at the dealership about to pull the trigger on a loaded 2019 XC60 RD after a week of negotiations. That is until I realized that there is no grocery bag holder in the cargo area. Dealership is clueless and I couldn't find anything on here for the SPA XC60. This is something we use all the time and if anyone has found an option/accessory or a work around that would be great. Thanks.
      CURRENT
      2018 Audi S7
      2018 Volvo XC90 R-Design w/ B&W, AIR, HUD

"Hakan Samuelsson, Volvo Cars' chief executive, said this month that the company wants to start a conversation about whether car makers have the right or maybe even the obligation to install technology in cars that changes their owners' behavior. Now that such technology is available to use, this question becomes even more important."

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Can you explain what you mean by holder? There are hooks on each side of the rear cargo space form which you can hang grocery bags, is that what you mean?
      2019 XC60 T8 Fusion Red R-Design - www.MotorSportUnPlugged.com -

Grocery Bag Holder?

Quote Originally Posted by Kranvagn View Post
      Can you explain what you mean by holder? There are hooks on each side of the rear cargo space form which you can hang grocery bags, is that what you mean?
      No. This is a partition that raises out of the floor with two hooks and an elastic band to hold things in place. For many years Volvo has offered this as an option called Grocery Bag Holder. We first had it on our 2007 S60 and have had it on every Volvo since. I know the previous gen XC60 had it and we have on our 18 XC90. If Volvo has gotten rid of this for some unknown asinine reason they may have just cost themselves a nearly finalized deal.

Last edited by Sensus15; 08-08-2019 at 04:01 PM.
      CURRENT
      2018 Audi S7

"Hakan Samuelsson, Volvo Cars' chief executive, said this month that the company wants to start a conversation about whether car makers have the right or maybe even the obligation to install technology in cars that changes their owners' behavior. Now that such technology is available to use, this question becomes even more important."

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sensus15 View Post
      No. This is a partition that raises out of the floor with two hooks and an elastic band to hold things in place. For many years Volvo has offered this as an option called Grocery Bag Holder. We first had it on our 2007 S60 and have had it on every Volvo since. I know the previous gen XC60 had it and we have on our 18 XC90. If Volvo has gotten rid of this for some unknown asinine reason they may have just cost themselves a nearly finalized deal.

So your saying you might not get the car because it doesn't have a Grocery Bag Holder you prefer? Am I correct?
      Last edited by GRUENDIG; 08-08-2019 at 05:57 PM.

I don't believe that's an offering for the XC60. Nothing shows up for any model year on the Accessories site.

As Kranvagn stated, there are two built-in hooks on the sides that can be used to hang bags.

FWIW - the XC40 does offer a fold up option similar to what you described.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUENDIG View Post
      So your saying you might not get the car because it doesn't have a Grocery Bag Holder? Am I correct?
      Technically, just not the holder they prefer. It does have two.

Ah yes, I miss that on my '19, used it all the time on my '13.

But considering the amount of up to date tech and options, I didn't think about it too much, like the 40-20-40 folding rear seat, miss that one too.

Peter
      Current - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription - Bright Silver - Amber Interior
      Previous - 2013 XC60 T6 R-Design - Passion Red - Black/Beige Sport Interior

There are bag hooks on the left and right sides of the cargo area.

2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

Quote Originally Posted by ssskelton View Post
      I don't believe that's an offering for the XC60. Nothing shows up for any model year on the Accessories site.

As Kranvagn stated, there are two built-in hooks on the sides that can be used to hang bags.

FWIW - the XC40 does offer a fold up option similar to what you described.

Technically, just not the holder they prefer. It does have two.
      My bad - they prefer

Quote Originally Posted by GRUENDIG View Post
      So your saying you might not get the car because it doesn't have a Grocery Bag Holder you prefer? Am I correct?
      You are correct.

I work for a building products supply manufacture and carry sample binders, product samples, etc.. The partition keeps all that in place and keeps it from sliding to the back of the trunk/cargo area. During the winter I spend a lot of time working in the Northeast and the car is usually covered in slush, road ash, salt and dirt. Reaching to the back of the cargo area, searching for and then grabbing what I need while trying not to touch the back of the vehicle seems nearly impossible. Not to mention unnecessary since Volvo had invented a solution that solved this issue completely. Why they’ve eliminated it on the XC60 is beyond logic. I’m going back tomorrow to see if the cargo area floor from the XC90 fits in the XC60. If it does I’d probably buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      CURRENT
      2018 Audi S7

You are correct.

I work for a building products supply manufacture and carry sample binders, product samples, etc.. The partition keeps all that in place and keeps it from sliding to the back of the trunk/cargo area.
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I can sympathize, but if you really like the rest of the vehicle there are very good, inexpensive after-market options too. Especially when it comes to things like paperwork you might find them to be even better.

I had a Rola organizer in my last car, and it was so nice I got a larger one for my XC60. It's perfect for not only keeping things separate from the rest of the "cargo floor," but holding heavier objects from moving around.

I always found cargo organizers to be the best solution for grocery bags. I always have a folding one in my cargo area for that reason.

I'm sitting here at the dealership about to pull the trigger on a loaded 2019 XC60 RD after a week of negotiations. That is until I realized that there is no grocery bag holder in the cargo area. Dealership is clueless and I couldn't find anything on here for the SPA XC60. This is something we use all the time and if anyone has found an option/accessory or a work around that would be great. Thanks.
      For some crazy reason, Vovlo only offers it on limited V60 models in the US AFAIK. Don't ask me why. I've been looking for it myself, as I think it could fit in an XC60?

If you can give me the VIN for a car that has one OEM, I'll gladly try and find the part number. 👍

Edit: Come to think of it, it might not fit in XC60 with the spare tire? I'm not sure. There is an SPA *60 trunk floor with the grocery bag flip up thing! It exists! Just don't know the part # or if it fits. 😅
      Last edited by shammyh; 08-09-2019 at 11:59 PM.
      2018 XC 60 | T6 AWD P* | Momentum | Onyx Black/Amber | Convenience/Vision/Advanced/Nav/Cold Weather

We put our grocery bags into soft sided cooler bags when we’re out shopping. Costco and Aldi make them. The one that gets the eggs I secure with the flexible strap. The rest get collectively held in place with a bungie cord. I have found the hooks on the side useful for quick trips.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

In the past it has been part of an option package, I believe it was the Convenience package. I have an 18 XC60 and it is there. It can be very useful but if you have a cargo tray it is difficult to raise the floor and secure anything as the cargo tray then blocks the view out the back window. I looked at current specs and its not mentioned on any XC60 trim line as a standard or optional feature. It makes me wonder if this has been quietly removed as a cost savings item. Volvo does offer a "load securing net" that does appear to hold items down in the cargo area.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

The Toyota Sienna has a grocery bag holder and it even comes in AWD - I am sure the local Toyota dealer can hook you up with a Grocery Bag holder that also comes along with Sienna. There are also a TON of aftermarket trunk organizers that are way more useful and versatile than the Volvo Grocery Bag Holder...but then again.. the Sienna does have a V6!

Our 2015 XC60 T6 has one, but we never use it because it's covered by the cargo mat and we have a better alternative. See the following thread, which includes pictures:https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ery-bag-holder.
      IMHO, don't let lack of a pop-up holder scuttle your deal..enjoy the additional cargo space.
      2015 XC60 DRIVE-E T6, Platinum, Heated F. Seats, Crystal White Met, Xenon, Tech, BLIS
      Custom: Valentine mount/City Safety IR filter, Dog Seat, Superchager ind., REAL dipstick
      2002 Acura RSX Type-S 6 speed
      2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance

I use a portable cargo/grocery holder that is collapsible. It has straps that hold it in place but also has handles so you can carry it inside if needed.

I have the flip up grocery bag divider/holder on my '18 XC90 but I've literally never used it. Volvo has poorly designed rubber cargo mats that basically make the OEM grocery divider unusable when the cargo mats are used. I like the cargo mats from the perspective that it keeps my car clean and stuff doesn't slide as easily but it does make it hard to flip up the 3rd row and use the grocery divider.

I use this collapse able plastic box I got from Costco to store my grocery bags.
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      the Sienna does have a V6!
      It's worth noting that V6 still doesn't put out as many horses as the 4 cylinder T6 engine.

But don't forget about that dashing styling!

"We've never seen a better looking minivan." -American Foundation for the Blind

Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      In the past it has been part of an option package, I believe it was the Convenience package. I have an 18 XC60 and it is there. It can be very useful but if you have a cargo tray it is difficult to raise the floor and secure anything as the cargo tray then blocks the view out the back window. I looked at current specs and its not mentioned on any XC60 trim line as a standard or optional feature. It makes me wonder if this has been quietly removed as a cost savings item. Volvo does offer a "load securing net" that does appear to hold items down in the cargo area.
      I own two P3 S60's - MY2014 and MY2018. MY14 car came with the built-in divider in the trunk floor as in the photo above, but the MY18 just has a flat trunk floor. I use the divider pretty often (when I only have a few things in the trunk and I dont want them to rattle around). It is a nice feature, probably more useful in a sedan than an SUV. I bet you are right and Volvo sneakily eliminated it at some point around 2017 to save money. When I sell my MY14 S60, I will make sure to swap the trunk floor boards and keep using the one with the divider in the other car.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

Quote Originally Posted by ssskelton View Post
      I can sympathize, but if you really like the rest of the vehicle there are very good, inexpensive after-market options too. Especially when it comes to things like paperwork you might find them to be even better.

I had a Rola organizer in my last car, and it was so nice I got a larger one for my XC60. It's perfect for not only keeping things separate from the rest of the "cargo floor," but holding heavier objects from moving around.
      How well does the Rola stay in place? I'm a little worried about it sliding from side to side.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfiend View Post
      How well does the Rola stay in place? I'm a little worried about it sliding from side to side.
      I used a "Rola 59000 Rigid Base Interior Organizer" in my former Model S for 4 years, and it's now in my XC60 T8. It does not move around empty or when things are inside.
      Bert

Present: ‘20 XC60 T8 Inscription
      Past: ‘15 Tesla S90D; ‘14 SLK250; '13 RX450h; ‘09 335i; ‘06 RX400h; ‘02 SC430; ‘99 RX300; ‘95 SC300; ‘91 Legend...

Quote Originally Posted by BertL View Post
      I used a "Rola 59000 Rigid Base Interior Organizer" in my former Model S for 4 years, and it's now in my XC60 T8. It does not move around empty or when things are inside.
      Thank you. That's what we needed to know.

26. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements