Best OSD Dealer in DC/MD/VA area
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Best OSD Dealer in DC/MD/VA area

Thank you all for hosting and participating in this forum. I just discovered this and have been reading years worth of information to catch up to speed on Volvo. Coming from decades of BMWs, I have decided to make a switch to Volvo.

I am looking seriously into the OSD program and would like to know how to know which dealer in the DC/MD/VA area has the most experience/is the best for this program? Each say they are familiar, but reading this helpful forum enlightens me that they are not all the same. I assume that I must use the dealer where the car will eventually be delivered.

Quick questions: Are there any additional exterior or interior color options for the XC60 with the OSD program? Any special coding or options to consider?

How do I know if there are/how many slots might still be available for MY2020 for XC60 T6 or T8? Is there a way to know when these might close out? I am worried if I order now, the car will be ready in December, but I can't travel to Sweden until March. Can I order now for a March delivery or does it make more sense to wait until January and order MY2021?

Are there, or will there be any OSD specials, incentives, etc as I have read about here for prior MYs?

And I will find the appropriate forum to ask my non OSD question...MY 2020 XC60 T8... any improvements from last year (I read it was basically a FWD with electric RWD and the two didn't coordinate well, rough braking, etc. Hoping maybe someone has reviewed or driven the 2020 to give an update.

Thank you to all, I am so pleased to have this amazing group of experts to help me start this journey.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sweder1 View Post
      Thank you all for hosting and participating in this forum. I just discovered this and have been reading years worth of information to catch up to speed on Volvo. Coming from decades of BMWs, I have decided to make a switch to Volvo.

I am looking seriously into the OSD program and would like to know how to know which dealer in the DC/MD/VA area has the most experience/is the best for this program? Each say they are familiar, but reading this helpful forum enlightens me that they are not all the same. I assume that I must use the dealer where the car will eventually be delivered.

Quick questions: Are there any additional exterior or interior color options for the XC60 with the OSD program? Any special coding or options to consider?

How do I know if there are/how many slots might still be available for MY2020 for XC60 T6 or T8? Is there a way to know when these might close out? I am worried if I order now, the car will be ready in December, but I can't travel to Sweden until March. Can I order now for a March delivery or does it make more sense to wait until January and order MY2021?

Are there, or will there be any OSD specials, incentives, etc as I have read about here for prior MYs?

And I will find the appropriate forum to ask my non OSD question...MY 2020 XC60 T8... any improvements from last year (I read it was basically a FWD with electric RWD and the two didn't coordinate well, rough braking, etc. Hoping maybe someone has reviewed or driven the 2020 to give an update.

Thank you to all, I am so pleased to have this amazing group of experts to help me start this journey.
      Ask for Danny Kreps at Lindsay Volvo of Alexandria.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvo’s: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70, 98 V70 (twins to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

OSD was a great decision for my wife and I (twice).....have fun with the journey!!!
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Thanks. I haven’t made it to that dealer yet. But tried 2 today in Maryland. Neither knew much about the program, both tried to persuade me against it and one knew nothing about ordering or logging into the site, etc.

Quick question, do you need to find a dealer that has a special order allocation available to place an osd order? It can any dealer simply place an osd order? The one dealer, after he learned how to log in, said he doesn’t have any order allocations let between now and December but hopes to get more allocations soon. And he hasn’t don’t any osd in a long time apparently.

Any advise? Thanks all.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements