Warning - Used 2018 V60 listed
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Warning - Used 2018 V60 listed

Warning for anyone internet shopping. Mitsubishi/Maserati dealer in Jacksonville/Orange Park area of Florida has this sticker priced at $49k and listed online for $46k. Dealer said it was fully inspected and has a clean CarFax report. Visited in person and it has obviously sustained front end damage and front bumper appears to have been replaced; it's not aligned properly and there's an edge under the driver's headlight that is not fully painted. You can kind of see it in the dealer pictures but it's very evident up close. I'll post pictures when I get home. We pointed out the damage to the dealer and all he kept repeating was that it has a clean CarFax.

https://www.mitsubishijax.com/used/V...953a7399a3.htm
      Last edited by Kaosu; 08-24-2019 at 02:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

His site list color as onyx black so not too diligent in his info.
      I was told by local Volvo dealer that carfax wont always pick up an accident. Example is if there was no police report or repair is done by a friend so no record of it. I'm sure there are other instances.

Thanks for looking out and keeping people posted. For search-ability, this is VIN # YV1A0MSW4J2383146.
      2004 V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2006 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 1999 F250 Powerstroke, 2005 TSX, 1997 Bonneville, 1998 Concorde

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      Thanks for looking out and keeping people posted. For search-ability, this is VIN # YV1A0MSW4J2383146.
      Thanks! Meant to go back and record that but hadn't gotten around to it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

May have to go over to the dealership tomorrow and give it a Swedish burnout with a idiot sales person in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosu View Post
      Thanks! Meant to go back and record that but hadn't gotten around to it.

Just saw Osteen Volvo has one same color. Same price. Just different year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydiesel View Post
      Just saw Osteen Volvo has one same color. Same price. Just different year.
      Yeah I was up there Saturday. Looked at buying it but they're about $1,700 over peak blue book value. I made them an offer but the finance manager laughed and didn't want to move on the price because "they're hard to come by" and "we've had a lot of traffic on it, so it's going to sell". He also insisted "it's the only one available anywhere near here" less than 5 minutes after we talked about the one at Mitsubishi. I told him he'd have to find someone else to buy it and walked out. Sucks because I generally like that dealership; I bought my S60 R Design from them and do all of my services through them. I would think most Volvo dealers would be a little more respectful of repeat business.

If its still sitting there in a month they may soften their tune. Hard to find and harder to sell...

Same here, no issues 16,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2015.5 #39 BSM V60 Polestar arrived 11-24-2014
      2004 V70R GT: SOLD Silver+Nordkap, Premium Sound+Subwoofer, Motorola BT, iMIV, IPD Stage II - DP - HDTCV, Kelly CAI, BMC, 10MM Spacers, Volvo DEM heat shield, '06 V70R console

Late to the thread but also had the car on my radar since May. I test drove it and it seemed okay but obvious front end damage including missing carbon fiber lip on the 2018 Polestar. Passenger side front bumper is off. Wheels are curbed and the interior is not in the best shape considering it’s a 2018. Biggest turn off is when you pop the hood and note the protective liner at the back of the engine bay is not attached. Immediate thought was water damage. Dealer offered to buy a front lip spoiler for me but I couldn’t bite on that car even at okay price of 45k - most used 2018s go for 10k more.
      Agree on O’steen - great things are said but they treat you bad if they know you got your Volvo at another dealer. That V60 took about a month to sell. Still in N FL all we have in terms of dealer - Ocala will close soon from what I have been told.

How do I post pictures because I took a lot...?

Quote Originally Posted by ssamera2 View Post
      How do I post pictures because I took a lot...?
      If you're using the web browser on your phone I don't think it's possible; I don't think the mobile web version of the platform supports it. You can download the Tapatalk app and use that to access Swedespeed (and many other forums for that matter) and it will let you attach photos.

That's a shame - gaps all look off a little.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

A really good shop can rectify all that. Hopefully it was a slight bump and no respray needed.
      But I'd never pay 46...
      Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      That's a shame - gaps all look off a little.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Late to the thread but also had the car on my radar since May. I test drove it and it seemed okay but obvious front end damage including missing carbon fiber lip on the 2018 Polestar. Passenger side front bumper is off. Wheels are curbed and the interior is not in the best shape considering it’s a 2018. Biggest turn off is when you pop the hood and note the protective liner at the back of the engine bay is not attached. Immediate thought was water damage. Dealer offered to buy a front lip spoiler for me but I couldn’t bite on that car even at okay price of 45k - most used 2018s go for 10k more.
      Agree on O’steen - great things are said but they treat you bad if they know you got your Volvo at another dealer. That V60 took about a month to sell. Still in N FL all we have in terms of dealer - Ocala will close soon from what I have been told.
      It will probably sit for quite a while. The gaps on the front alone are unsettling. Surprised they didn't try to realign any of that prior to listing it. As was said, a decent body shop can fix those imperfections. I'd like to think that most people would immediately see the glaring difference in gap where the hood meets the bumper on the passenger side. The interior on these cars does not hold up great if not cared for so it makes me wonder if the prior owner did anything to try and prevent wear and tear on the alcantara (assume that's what you meant when you said the interior isn't in the best shape). Even if $45K is a decent price, they'd need to fix all of those faults you noted to make a sale on it for any car enthusiast. Perhaps they think some random person will just go there looking for a blue car and buy it without looking lol
      2016 V60 Polestar - rebel blue
      2002 Sierra Denali

Crazy to list it with those gaps if it is correctable. Do they think people are blind?
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

I'm glad you guys posted the Vin in here! Did a quick search and one of my favorite forums came up.

Was going to go look at it when I went back home to Orange Park for a few days next week, but definitely not going to waist my time now. Makes sense now why the gap between the fender and the hood looked so off on the left side. Stood out like a soar thumb to me in the Autotrader photo.

Thanks OP!

What about the pic of under the hood? What do you think could be going on there? I was wondering if it was water damage? They told me they would reach out to the original owner and I never heard back from them.

What about the pic of under the hood? What do you think could be going on there? I was wondering if it was water damage? They told me they would reach out to the original owner and I never heard back from them.

Definitely looks like a dead horse
      2013 xc60 R-Design Rebel Blue

I think this sold already. Or the one at Osteen. I saw it parked downtown Jax a week ago on a Saturday night. Didn't get close enough to check out the numbers.

Well well well... What have we here...

Looks like this little storied P* was wholesaled out to Fields Volvo Cars of Daytona Beach and is now Certified Pre-Owned. https://www.fieldsvolvocarsofdaytona...9a17e2d551.htm

I guess the plus side to that is that I'm sure they will fix the bumper/hood alignment issues and you now have the Certified mark on it. Not sure if I would still touch it though considering we know there is a strong chance something was fixed on it relating to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by carlfred View Post
      Well well well... What have we here...

Looks like this little storied P* was wholesaled out to Fields Volvo Cars of Daytona Beach and is now Certified Pre-Owned. https://www.fieldsvolvocarsofdaytona...9a17e2d551.htm

I guess the plus side to that is that I'm sure they will fix the bumper/hood alignment issues and you now have the Certified mark on it. Not sure if I would still touch it though considering we know there is a strong chance something was fixed on it relating to the front.
      That takes a lot of risk out, given the fact that Volvo Certified Pre Owned is 5 years/unlimited mileage, and I believe you can extend it to 10 years.
      2017 Rebel Blue V60 Polestar
      2017 Electric Blue Elantra Sport 6MT w/ Premium pkg
      Previous:
      2008 E63 AMG wagon
      2002 Audi S6 Avant
      2001.5 Audi S4 (stage 2+)
      1994 Acura Integra RS

I've seen enough CPO cars that aren't fixed before sale that I wouldn't hold my breath.

27. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements