2020 USA V60 CC (T5) Polestar Package?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Does anyone have the exact specs of the Polestar package for the T5's (S60, V60, V60CC). It was not listed in the dealer options when I pre-ordered my V60 CC, but has subsequently been added to the customer "build" options. Precious little info about what you get, and 2018 MY info is still on the "Polestar" pages. I know about the horsepower/torque improvements, shift and throttle mapping, but are there any chassis/suspension improvements? Drive mode selector is mentioned as a separate option.
      https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/c...ment?s=B6NJK8K
      Last edited by UrbanSafari; 08-25-2019 at 01:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I believe the Engineered by Polestar website has details about each year’s Polestar tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polestar optimization only modifies engine, transmission, and drive train software. No other chassis/suspension/cosmetic changes besides an additional white badge of honor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current Fleet: 2007 XC90 V8 Sport (Titanium Gray); 2016 S60 T5 Drive-E Premier Polestar (Black Stone, Sport Pkg, Convenience Pkg, BLIS, Tech Pkg)
      Previously Owned: 2005 S60 2.5T AWD (Ice White)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

That's what I thought, but thought I'd check with the cognoscenti!

If you are talking about the optimization package, there are no changes to the factory suspension settings. The only changes are what you mentioned in your post along with the ability of supplying more than 50% power to the rear wheels when either the Dynamic mode is enabled or ESC is turned off.

I am wondering if it would make sense to swap out the rear sway bar with the R Design sway bar. FWD bias cars have an understeer bias, and normally increasing the stiffness of the rear sway bar helps bring the understeer to a more neutral bias. I ordered my V60 cc through OSD. When it gets to the dealer in a couple of months, I plan on asking about the rear sway bar.

This is the part that is confusing (straight from the Polestar option description on the V60CC site): "To get the most out of the Polestar Engineered Optimization software, we strongly recommend that you add our optional drive mode selector."
      Isn't the drive mode selector standard equipment?
      Last edited by UrbanSafari; 08-26-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Yes, it is standard. So not sure what they are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonCs View Post
      If you are talking about the optimization package, there are no changes to the factory suspension settings. The only changes are what you mentioned in your post along with the ability of supplying more than 50% power to the rear wheels when either the Dynamic mode is enabled or ESC is turned off.

I am wondering if it would make sense to swap out the rear sway bar with the R Design sway bar. FWD bias cars have an understeer bias, and normally increasing the stiffness of the rear sway bar helps bring the understeer to a more neutral bias. I ordered my V60 cc through OSD. When it gets to the dealer in a couple of months, I plan on asking about the rear sway bar.
      Hi GordonC
      Please post the results of your inquiry about the rear sway bar for the V60CC. I'll be ordering a V60 RD via OSD with sports suspension in the T-5. I would be interested in a rear bar myself. Since Volvo is using a central leaf spring configuration in the rear instead of coil springs I think an anti sway bar might be a great help to control the rear end. BTW...IMO..While testing the V60 CC I found way to much body sway and lean for my personal taste in a car. My choice was clearly for the road hugging V60 R, even with just a T-6 FWD. The sometime rear wheel drive and the extra ground clearance is a negative for myself and my wife. I know...Sorry SUV lovers and Crossover liker's...I have an unpopular view of the automotive trend. One of these years low slung cars will be back in style...They are fun to drive!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike999 View Post
      Hi GordonC
      Please post the results of your inquiry about the rear sway bar for the V60CC. I'll be ordering a V60 RD via OSD with sports suspension in the T-5. I would be interested in a rear bar myself. Since Volvo is using a central leaf spring configuration in the rear instead of coil springs I think an anti sway bar might be a great help to control the rear end. BTW...IMO..While testing the V60 CC I found way to much body sway and lean for my personal taste in a car. My choice was clearly for the road hugging V60 R, even with just a T-6 FWD. The sometime rear wheel drive and the extra ground clearance is a negative for myself and my wife. I know...Sorry SUV lovers and Crossover liker's...I have an unpopular view of the automotive trend. One of these years low slung cars will be back in style...They are fun to drive!
      I also ordered my 2020 V60 cc through OSD. Will be in Europe in October and receiving it stateside in December. I'm actually coming from a BMW 4 series coupe and needed a more practical car for hauling and camping. I was willing to give up some of the "performance" handling for the trade-off. However, I did opt for the Polestar option. I am hoping that with a stiffer rear sway bar, I can minimize the lean factor and have a more engaged driving experience. I know I will miss the Bimmer, but it's all good. I'll let you know if the V60 R sports a stiffer rear sway bar than the V60 cc and if it can be swapped.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonCs View Post
      I'll let you know if the V60 R sports a stiffer rear sway bar than the V60 cc and if it can be swapped.
      What did you end up doing with the sway bar?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Current: 2020 V60CC, Osmium Grey, Amber
      Past: 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD, Savile Grey, Beechwood.
      Past: 2011 V50 AWD, Savile Grey
      First: 1978 245DL - Orange, Tan

Quote Originally Posted by MDicnMan View Post
      What did you end up doing with the sway bar?
      I do know on the T6/T8 models, the S60/V60 from momentum to Polestar, all share the same rear bar part number using VIDA to check. Sport chassis only changes the front bar to same as the Polestar on T6. I only checked across T6/T8 though, too many variations to also check CC and T5, so there may be options.

Transverse leaf springs actually have a natural "anti-roll" effect, so Volvo may have gotten all the additional roll control they wanted by virtue of the sportier trims having stiffer rear leaf springs.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSafari View Post
      This is the part that is confusing (straight from the Polestar option description on the V60CC site): "To get the most out of the Polestar Engineered Optimization software, we strongly recommend that you add our optional drive mode selector."
      They are referring to the optional Four C adaptive suspension.
      2020 S60 T5 Inscription
      2017 XC90 T6 Momentum

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSafari View Post
      In certain markets, the drive mode selector is not standard. For the US market, this this is a standard feature.

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements