Michelin CrossClimate SUV tires
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Michelin CrossClimate SUV tires

All,

I have been a long term user of Nokian WR, WRG2s and WRG3s on previous vehicles. They have provided me with enough winter traction and reasonable rest-of-year performance, plus with the mountain-snowflake symbol for infrequent trips to Quebec where the symbol is mandatory. We do not put many miles on our cars (especially in the winter) so the compromise is worth it for us. Unfortunately, the Nokian's are not available in the 245/45R20 size for our V90 CC. I suspect the Pirelli's that came with the car are not going to be much fun in the winter so I want to get them replaced.

The only comparable products to the Nokians are the Toyo Celsius and Michelin's CrossClimate SUV tires (at least, what I can find). From online reviews, I am leaning towards the Michelin. Does anyone have any experience/opinions to add?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The CrossClimates are, IMO, new to the US market. Have heard/seen/read good things about them but all in the Euro market. BTW, I am looking at Nokian WRG4s too and although not the exact size, they are available in 255/45R20 for us. Also, look at Vredestein Quatrac 5 in 245/45R20, in addition to Nokians, Toyos, and Michelins.
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

Once the stock Pirelli tires are done, I'm looking at this CrossClimate SUV or the new Primacy Tour A/S to replace it. Seems like the CrossClimate+ for cars are getting great reviews. I'm looking for comfort with ride quality and noise as a priorities with driving performance in dry and wet as a very close second.

I have winter tires, so whichever tire I plan on buying will be used primarily in 3 seasons.

Let us know what you end up buying and please share your experience.
      |2017 Volvo V90 Cross Country| - Crystal White/Blond Interior - Luxury Package - Convenience Package - HUD - B&O - Premium Air Suspension - Polestar Optimised

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I am curious about the CrossClimate tires. Has anyone used them?

I am curious about the CrossClimate tires. Has anyone used them?

Hi

I have them on my V90 CC, have used for around 20,000 miles, and they still have around 5.5mm of tread left, so 40,000 miles seems possible

The grip in the cold weather we get in the UK was excellent last winter

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements