All electric XC40 - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 255
    1. #71
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      968
      Live Announcement mid day today on the "XC40 Recharge"

      https://live.volvocars.com/
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #72
      ^ thanks for this. was looking for it all over youtube but couldn't find the time. w/ the price of the Model S staying at 80K, if XC40's range is over 250mi, it will be a contender for my next vehicle purchase for sure.

    4. #73
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      968
      Yeah, range is everything. Especially if not on the tesla charger network.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #74
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,543
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
      ^ thanks for this. was looking for it all over youtube but couldn't find the time. w/ the price of the Model S staying at 80K, if XC40's range is over 250mi, it will be a contender for my next vehicle purchase for sure.
      The time and online live stream is announced in Volvo press release titled "an invitation to ..." days ago.

      They even bought Satellite TV time for EU and America... Wondering who will watch on Satellite TV ...

      Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    7. #75
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      968
      The guy on the webcast is putting me to sleep...

      1 year free charging, but where??
      Last edited by xgman; 10-16-2019 at 11:55 AM.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    8. #76
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,543
      Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      The guy on the webcast is putting me to sleep...
      400km / 250miles range. Hope people feel it is acceptable.
      408HP 0-100 4.9sec
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    9. #77
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      968
      Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      400km / 250miles range. Hope people feel it is acceptable.
      408HP 0-100 4.9sec
      I'd say it is on the bottom of acceptable for most drivers. Real world use is debatable I guess. I would have preferred closer to 300 and gladly paid more for that. It will be interesting to see later how the range and battery size translates to the 60 and 90 series.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    10. #78
      No, range is 200 miles. See the press release:

      The XC40 Recharge is everything customers expect from a Volvo, with the addition of a state-of-the-art, fully electric all-wheel drive powertrain that offers a range of over 400 km (WLTP) [200 miles in U.S.**] on a single charge and output of 408hp [402 hp in U.S.]. The battery charges to 80 % of its capacity in 40 mins on a fast-charger system.***

      **THIS IS NOT BASED ON EPA TESTING. 200-mile combined driving range rating. Based on EU WLTP testing under controlled conditions for a new vehicle. Your range will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-package/condition, and other factors.

      ***Fast charging DC up to 150 kW. Charging times will vary and are dependent on factors such as outdoor temperature, current battery temperature, charging equipment, battery condition and car condition.

    11. #79
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      968
      200 miles is a non starter and this won't do well at all sorry to say. Wow, surprised by this. Huge missed opportunity for Volvo. If a tesla 3 can hit 300+, Volvo should have come at least to the Polestar 2 level of range. Oh well.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    12. #80
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,543
      No price is announced. Time to order is not announced. em.. still need some time to prepare the production line?
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    13. #81
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Location
      Detroit Burbs
      Posts
      226
      Did I miss how / when to order the Recharge? They said free electricity starting today, but can I order one with Care by Volvo?
      2019 CBV XC40 P* Momentum Ice White/Black top, Charcoal inside

    14. #82
      Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      200 miles is a non starter and this won't do well at all sorry to say. Wow, surprised by this.
      Totally disappointed. Model3 next!!

    15. #83
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      968
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
      Totally disappointed. Model3 next!!
      I still have some hope for the Polestar 2, but the xc40 is a no go. Maybe someone who puts around in the city only or something. Well at least they will eventually send the PHEV version of this over to the USA hopefully.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    16. #84
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      968
      Quote Originally Posted by krcossin View Post
      Did I miss how / when to order the Recharge? They said free electricity starting today, but can I order one with Care by Volvo?
      I think they may mean on the plugshare network, but maybe they mean only on their network in Sweden or something. I don't think they are giving away home charging stations but I could be wrong. In any case, crossing this off my list.

      What I wanted to hear is whether the google system would come to existing models anytime?
      Last edited by xgman; 10-16-2019 at 12:12 PM.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    17. #85
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Arizona, USA
      Posts
      122
      200 miles kind of makes sense, the smaller the car the smaller the battery array, hence the shorter range.

      On a separate note, Tesla is going to unveil its pick up truck next month (Nov 2019) ...... supposedly with 400 mile range!

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaEZ4JjfEZo

    18. #86
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,543
      Quote Originally Posted by Marco1 View Post
      200 miles kind of makes sense, the smaller the car the smaller the battery array, hence the shorter range.

      On a separate note, Tesla is going to unveil its pick up truck next month (Nov 2019) ...... supposedly with 400 mile range!

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaEZ4JjfEZo
      They should build a long range (though slower) model, by using only one 300HP motor at rear, and adding more battery in the front.
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 10-16-2019 at 12:29 PM.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    19. #87
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      968
      From my perspective, a phev should have a range of at least 30-40 and an all electric approaching 300. They have to understand that, for good reason, people have range anxiety. maybe in 21-22 it will be less of a thing, but this is just to stingy to be widely marketable.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    20. #88
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,543
      Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      From my perspective, a phev should have a range of at least 30-40 and an all electric approaching 300. They have to understand that, for good reason, people have range anxiety. maybe in 21-22 it will be less of a thing, but this is just to stingy to be widely marketable.
      Maybe they try to be conservative at the beginning, and add more battery in future models. And 400km in Europe is probably more than enough.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    21. #89
      According to Volvo Car USA, XC40 Recharge starting price is under $48000 after $7500 federal tax credit.

    22. #90
      Quote Originally Posted by sillyvalleyguy View Post
      According to Volvo Car USA, XC40 Recharge starting price is under $48000 after $7500 federal tax credit.
      tesla longe range dual motor is $48K. this poor baby CMA car is DOA. This be the beginning of the Volvo downfall if they're going to push out new models that suck this much.

    23. #91
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,543
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
      tesla longe range dual motor is $48K. this poor baby CMA car is DOA. This be the beginning of the Volvo downfall if they're going to push out new models that suck this much.
      Model 3? Sedan and SUV is different league. XC40 probably won't sell as many as model Y. But it is of course not the beginning of downfall.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    24. #92
      US availability October 2020, according to my local dealer.

    25. #93
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,543
      Quote Originally Posted by sillyvalleyguy View Post
      US availability October 2020, according to my local dealer.
      This sounds a little stretch. This is about the time when XC40 PHEV could be available here.
      But yeah, they should open order book anyhow, to get some pre-orders. Price of $48k after tax credit sounds like in reasonable range.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    26. #94
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Posts
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      This sounds a little stretch. This is about the time when XC40 PHEV could be available here.
      But yeah, they should open order book anyhow, to get some pre-orders. Price of $48k after tax credit sounds like in reasonable range.
      They opened reservations on the Volvo USA site. Requires a $1000, refundable deposit. Doesn't seem to have any configuration options as part of the process.

      Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

    27. #95
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      8
      Similar stats to the Model Y Long Range. I would love to know if there will be a Polestar edition with extra speed.

      xc40 Recharge
      battery: 78.0 kWh
      range: 200+ miles (up to 248?)
      0-60: 4.7 sec
      charge time: 40 min to 80%
      price: under $55.5k (under $48k with federal rebate)

      Tesla Model Y Long Range
      battery: 74.0 kWh
      range: 280 miles
      0-60: 4.8 sec
      charge time: 20 min to 50%, 40 min to 80%
      price: $52k

      Seems to have a larger battery than the Tesla but less range due to efficiency and aerodynamics? Big question in the US is the charging network - you'll have to use and find public 3rd party charging stations for longer trips.
      Last edited by rollvo; 10-16-2019 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typo

    28. #96
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,543
      There is a report says one new EV each year till 2025. Seems quite questionable. 15 EV models seems too many across 90-60-40 series.

      https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...-electric-suv/
      Look for the new XC40 Recharge to go on sale near the end of 2020. Following that, Volvo plans to launch one new EV every year through 2025.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    29. #97
      Member Veefifty T5AWD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Lakes Region NH
      Posts
      6,916
      Am I the only one who thinks the solid, paint-matched front grille looks hideous?!
      Logan

      2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

      Former:

      2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

    30. #98
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      968
      Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      There is a report says one new EV each year till 2025. Seems quite questionable. 15 EV models seems too many across 90-60-40 series.

      https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...-electric-suv/
      Look for the new XC40 Recharge to go on sale near the end of 2020. Following that, Volvo plans to launch one new EV every year through 2025.
      I'm tired of all this hurry up and wait...
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    31. #99
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      8
      Also, curious to know if Overseas Delivery will be available for this. Not sure where it's being built.

    32. #100
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,543
      Quote Originally Posted by rollvo View Post
      Also, curious to know if Overseas Delivery will be available for this. Not sure where it's being built.
      Pretty sure it is built at Ghent, Belgium as all XC40 share same body sheet metals. So OSD should be possible.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    33. #101
      Junior Member Sven787's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      203
      Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      There is a report says one new EV each year till 2025. Seems quite questionable. 15 EV models seems too many across 90-60-40 series.

      https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...-electric-suv/
      Look for the new XC40 Recharge to go on sale near the end of 2020. Following that, Volvo plans to launch one new EV every year through 2025.
      2025 is only 5 years away Seems reasonable since they have 5 "core" models (XC40, S/V60, XC60, S/V90, XC90). I think they'll prioritize SUVs first, then Sedans, then Wagons. Or they may ignore the S/V90 and do all the variants in the 60-series which is more bread & butter.

      I'm a little disappointed in the range but still waiting for the final EPA numbers. I really want this to be able to cover the journey over the mountains to visit the in-laws (about 220 miles) on a single charge. In any case, I'm glad they kept AWD and that the power numbers are high. The full electric models are what I'm holding out for to replace my XC90, but the model I get may depend on how much more life I can squeeze out of it
      Current Fleet: 2007 XC90 V8 Sport (Titanium Gray); 2016 S60 T5 Drive-E Premier Polestar (Black Stone, Sport Pkg, Convenience Pkg, BLIS, Tech Pkg)
      Previously Owned: 2005 S60 2.5T AWD (Ice White)

    34. #102
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,543
      Quote Originally Posted by Sven787 View Post
      2025 is only 5 years away Seems reasonable since they have 5 "core" models (XC40, S/V60, XC60, S/V90, XC90). I think they'll prioritize SUVs first, then Sedans, then Wagons. Or they may ignore the S/V90 and do all the variants in the 60-series which is more bread & butter.

      I'm a little disappointed in the range but still waiting for the final EPA numbers. I really want this to be able to cover the journey over the mountains to visit the in-laws (about 220 miles) on a single charge. In any case, I'm glad they kept AWD and that the power numbers are high. The full electric models are what I'm holding out for to replace my XC90, but the model I get may depend on how much more life I can squeeze out of it
      Ah, ok, ok, I am getting old.
      Maybe XC60 and S60 EV will be long range, to differentiate from XC40 EV. Then price will go up more. And XC90 EV will be even hefty price.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    35. #103
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      426
      Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      Am I the only one who thinks the solid, paint-matched front grille looks hideous?!
      Was thinking the same thing. I wouldn’t buy one anyways.
      My bride’s - 2019 XC40 (July 2019 OSD), Momentum Mine - 2013 VW GTI Drivers Edition and 1996 VW GTI VR6 (bought new and still love it) Ours - 2008 Jeep GC Limited with a Hemi.

    36. #104
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,543
      This thing is 4840lbs.... No wonder range is not high.

      https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...v-photos-info/

      The floor-mounted battery pack is also surrounded by an aluminum safety cage, which the company says creates a crumple zone for the battery. That could explain the stated curb weight of 4840 pounds—about 1000 pounds heavier than the heaviest gasoline XC40.
      Model 3 is 3680 or 4072lbs...

      Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    37. #105
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      968
      Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      This thing is 4840lbs.... No wonder range is not high.

      https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...v-photos-info/


      Model 3 is 3680 or 4072lbs...

      Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Another reason they should now design electric cars around the batteries from the ground up.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Speculation about the All-Electric XC40
      By Tostik in forum News & Rumors
      Replies: 63
      Last Post: 02-08-2020, 03:05 PM
    2. Electric Volvo XC40 to Debut This Year
      By RSS NewsBot in forum Volvo News Blog
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 10-09-2019, 09:16 AM
    3. Electric xc40
      By rollvo in forum XC40 (CMA 2019- )
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 02-25-2019, 12:38 AM
    4. Electric Volvo XC40 on its Way as Automaker’s First EV
      By RSS NewsBot in forum Volvo News Blog
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 06-26-2018, 08:30 AM
    5. Full electric xc40?
      By youtoofan in forum XC40 (CMA 2019- )
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 08-29-2017, 03:25 PM