Welcome to SwedeSpeed
You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
2006 S40 T5 AWD MT - Gray - 184k KMs - Ontario
Actively for sale. I'm in Kingston, Ontario, and can deliver to Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal/Northern New York at the outer limit. Pick-ups welcomed.
Also selling my 2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66 - seeing which one sells first and keeping the other. More details here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...8k-KMs-Ontario
Purchased in November 2017 at 155,000 kms. Currently has 184,000 kms (114,000 miles).
The car has never been in an accident (I have the CarFax from when the car was purchased). Doing some research, the car was primarily serviced at Volvo Metro West in Toronto after it was out of warranty.
VIN is: YV1MH682062173267
The car's mechanicals are in excellent condition, engine doesn't drink any oil or coolant and has even high compression - 9/10
Body is a bit rough, but no issues anywhere that can't easily/cheaply be fixed - 6/10
Interior is in very good condition with the usual minor scratching on aluminum trim, and a slight stretch of the leather under the driver's bum
Asking for $9000, but am open to reasonable offers. Please send a private message with any questions.
- Xenon Lights
- Black leather interior with aluminum trim
- Premium sound
- Sagitta wheels
- Titanium gray metallic paint
- Power moonroof - drains all working!
- Climate package (heated seats, headlight washer -- no rain sensor)
- Convenience package (auto dimming mirror, compass in mirror, integrated garage door opener
Maintenance/work done in chronological order (done by myself unless otherwise specified):
- Immediately after purchasing the car it got a full service at the local dealership including timing belt, auxiliary belts, and spark plugs, plus the usual filters, etc.
- Engine mounts replaced - upgraded driver side mount to updated hydraulic mount (OE Volvo parts)
- Rear oxygen sensor replaced (NGK part)
- Transmission, angle gear, haldex unit, and rear differential fluid changed using Red Line and OE Volvo fluids
- Changed haldex filter
- Bled the brakes and clutch hydraulic systems using full synthetic Castrol brake fluid
- Starter replaced using re manufactured Bosch unit (limited lifetime warranty)
- Replaced oil filter housing / PCV (new OE Volvo parts)
- Replaced battery with AGM battery (5 year warranty)
- Replaced rear right wheel bearing (OE Volvo part and bolts)
- Brake pads and rotors replaced using Zimmerman rotors and Akebono ceramic pads
- Front oxygen sensor replaced (OEM Bosch part)
- Oil (Castrol Edge 0w40 full synthetic, Mann Filter) changed every 8-10k kms
Upgrades / Modifications / Accessories:
- Mototec stainless cat-back exhaust system - currently has the sport system installed, but I am including the touring center section which has a resonator
- Mototec 3" downpipe with high flow catalytic converter - wrapped in exhaust wrap from turbo to just before the cat
- Do88 Intercooler
- Snabb 3" intake pipe
- Hilton Tuning stage 2 tune
- E-Focus Torque Mount, genuine Ford (firmer and more precise shifts over stock)
- Continental DWS06 225/45R17 tires with tons of life left in them (indicator for snow is still clearly showing)
- GROM MST4 installed - provides 3.5mm aux jack and USB input for Android phones / charging - Ports are cleanly integrated just behind the waterfall
- Added a switch to fully defeat the traction control - handy to get out of slippery spots in the winter
- Will include the roof rack
- Rear badging delete (but I still have the badges)
- Black leather parking brake boot (matches seat leather)
- The body has some rust, a dent, and some minor scratches/scuffs - Front left fender has some serious rust, front right fender has barely noticeable amount of surface rust, and driver's door has a dent (could be removed via PDR)
- CD player makes a clicking noise on start-up for a few seconds
- Temperature display is hit or miss (common door module wiring issue in earlier P1's)
- One bolt head snapped off on the passenger side strut mount. Note that all this needs is this part (30736434, about $30 CAD) - I can provide new OE Volvo bolts. Strut mount / spring doesn't need to come off of the strut. Could possibly be done without removing strut from the knuckle.
Last edited by LittleRedRidingHood; 10-20-2019 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by LittleRedRidingHood; 10-20-2019 at 02:26 PM.
This car is no longer for sale.
By adammalS60 in forum FWD & AWD Cars For Sale
Last Post: 07-23-2017, 05:26 PM
By McCahill77 in forum FWD & AWD Cars For Sale
Last Post: 05-30-2015, 11:19 AM
By B_Warren in forum FWD & AWD Cars For Sale
Last Post: 02-08-2015, 04:04 PM
By Bogmann in forum FWD & AWD Cars For Sale
Last Post: 11-03-2013, 10:46 PM
By Honkin'Max in forum FWD & AWD Cars For Sale
Last Post: 04-03-2010, 11:59 AM