Preconditioning for winter, T8 got message parking climate unavailable - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      Dealer did't find anything wrong with it. No fix has been done. I hit the error message also with setting not using additional heater. So the root cause is still unknown.

It seems the computer tried to start preconditiong but detected some condition not met, then stopped it. But dealer couldn't find what is wrong.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Sounds weird that it´s not working and nothing can be done...what´s the point of extended warranty if it doesn´t do anything? Found out that the car indeed has the HVCH-thing and it´s inside the fender and they´ve never seen one in real life because 99,99% of the cars in nordic countries have the fuel burner-variant and I´m the 0,01% But they said that they could install a defa pipeheater if they can´t fix it https://www.defa.com/electrical-preh...engine-heater/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My pre-conditioning timer works. It was super nice to step into the warm environment and just go.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
      My pre-conditioning timer works. It was super nice to step into the warm environment and just go.
      Mine was all that nice every morning in past two winters. Today it is below 40F, and the car failed to pre-condition.
      This makes me want to call dealer...

Well, I'll wait one more month to see if any Nov software update will come out.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by t-man View Post
      Sounds weird that it´s not working and nothing can be done...what´s the point of extended warranty if it doesn´t do anything? Found out that the car indeed has the HVCH-thing and it´s inside the fender and they´ve never seen one in real life because 99,99% of the cars in nordic countries have the fuel burner-variant and I´m the 0,01% But they said that they could install a defa pipeheater if they can´t fix it https://www.defa.com/electrical-preh...engine-heater/
      There is definitely something can be done, just that dealer don't know how to do it, and for warranty work, they all rely on instructions from Volvo.
      So basically Volvo has not told dealer how to fix it. But we don't know if Volvo has a solution. My dealer doesn't seem to report this to Volvo as they can't repro it on spot.
      I'll have to wait till the problem always repros then get them to diagnose.

Today the preconditioning worked just fine via mobile VOC start. It was -4 celsius (24.8 F) outside. Cabin was warm and I got good mileage in pure-mode. Hopefully it wasn't just a onetimewonder....

Today the preconditioning worked just fine via mobile VOC start. It was -4 celsius (24.8 F) outside. Cabin was warm and I got good mileage in pure-mode. Hopefully it wasn't just a onetimewonder....
      See, it always gives you hope.
      Mine doesn't work today, 36F.

Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 10-29-2019 at 01:44 PM.

I can now confirm that after the dealership visit a week ago preconditioning works flawlessly with manual/timer set/VOC started. They found bunch of error codes in the heater itself and checked all the wiring but found nothing wrong there and updated something. Cost 300 euros but that goes to the seller. Gives plenty of heat even in -15 celsius and heats up in pure mode too when driving (before it was an icebox even with heat set to HI over 30 mile drive and aux heater ticked in the menu) Lets keep fingers crossed that it works from now on...

Just got my XC90 back from the dealer and among other things they were checking out the parking climate issue they claim they can’t find anything wrong and are blaming it on software.

I don’t believe them. I just tried starting the parking climate using VOC while inside the car (locked, charged, and plugged in). You can watch the system try to start, it starts making noises and something is buzzing and then it all cuts out and the error message come up. I took video. Maybe I’ll try a different dealer next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by partridge View Post
      Just got my XC90 back from the dealer and among other things they were checking out the parking climate issue they claim they can’t find anything wrong and are blaming it on software.

I don’t believe them. I just tried starting the parking climate using VOC while inside the car (locked, charged, and plugged in). You can watch the system try to start, it starts making noises and something is buzzing and then it all cuts out and the error message come up. I took video. Maybe I’ll try a different dealer next time.

I hear same thing when it fails. My dealer said it is a known issue of starting parking climate with VoC. Anyhow, I also had experience that starting by timer failed but immediately I can started it OK via VoC. I logged my daily experience on the top post of this thread. I hit a few failures almost every week. Maybe only way to get Volvo attention is to bring the car to service. Their custom support also give this suggestion only.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      I hear same thing when it fails. My dealer said it is a known issue of starting parking climate with VoC. Anyhow, I also had experience that starting by timer failed but immediately I can started it OK via VoC. I logged my daily experience on the top post of this thread. I hit a few failures almost every week. Maybe only way to get Volvo attention is to bring the car to service. Their custom support also give this suggestion only.
      Apologize for my ignorance on this topic, and thus this question: Is PC just for T8 hybrids??

I have a 2018 T6 with remote start (which works fine) but the PC in VoC is offered but fails with some vague "server error". Combed through the XC60 manual (in the car paper manual and the online manual and no reference to the to PC.

Quote Originally Posted by rhmorris View Post
      Apologize for my ignorance on this topic, and thus this question: Is PC just for T8 hybrids??

I have a 2018 T6 with remote start (which works fine) but the PC in VoC is offered but fails with some vague "server error". Combed through the XC60 manual (in the car paper manual and the online manual and no reference to the to PC.
      PreCondition on T6 is limited to fan ventilation only. So not that useful in winter. You can use Remote Start in VoC app to run the engine for a short period to warm up the car. You can't pick a time to repeat remote start though.

And this precondition stuff is called Parking Climate in car and VoC app now.

Those were exactly the symptoms I had. They had to open the fenders to get to the heater and read the codes directly from it. They don't show in "normal" code reading. There were many error codes and they also updated some programs. These were the instructions they received directly from the factory in Sweden. Car was updated recently but normal updating didn't include the heater which had to be updated directly plugging a cord in to it. Hopefully this makes sense 🙂

Those were exactly the symptoms I had. They had to open the fenders to get to the heater and read the codes directly from it. They don't show in "normal" code reading. There were many error codes and they also updated some programs. These were the instructions they received directly from the factory in Sweden. Car was updated recently but normal updating didn't include the heater which had to be updated directly plugging a cord in to it. Hopefully this makes sense
      Thanks for the info. Seems right on point. Mine failed today and it is 32F cold. And again, it worked after a short trip. This warm up in morning is so useful in winter. If it still fails next week, I will get dealer to take a look.

Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 11-23-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Guess I'm fortunate I grew up in Northern Canada, 32 f (0 C) is still shorts weather, and still ride my motor cycle to work,lol
      2019 XC 60 T8 Inscription Osmium Grey
      2017 Honda Africa Twin

Quote Originally Posted by flames9 View Post
      Guess I'm fortunate I grew up in Northern Canada, 32 f (0 C) is still shorts weather, and still ride my motor cycle to work,lol
      Shorts weather or not the annoyance is short battery life or cold starting the petrol engine which leads to significant wear. Last winter we got up to -40 temperatures (celsius AND fahrenheit...what a coincidence) and those days are pretty harsh for cars even with heaters

Today it failed by timer again. I tried start from VoC twice and all failed.
      Then I tried Remote Start from VoC to see if it makes difference. It shows can't remote start as cable is plugged, expected.
      Then I tried start Parking Climate from VoC again and it worked half way before failing eventually.
      I feel it is lukewarm after getting in the car.

So seems very random to me. I need to talk to the dealer.

Well. Dealer says they did a total software update and it’s working for them. Gonna go pick up the car and cross my fingers.

Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by partridge View Post
      Well. Dealer says they did a total software update and it’s working for them. Gonna go pick up the car and cross my fingers.

They always said it works for them. They don't check it in morning like we do at home.
      I have updates in Oct and still doesn't work at home.
      I also see it works after a short trip, which is always the case when dealer tries it.

Failing everyday for a week. Seems start the car once then it may work sometimes from VoC as I tried.

Also the temperature in VoC says 20F at vehicle, but car driver display shows 41F. Quite a big difference.

Taking it in on Monday. Seems they can have service scheduled quickly now.

Brought in today and dealer said ordered a new HVAC unit overnight. Will see if it is the high voltage coolant heater.

Update: picked it up today. It is the HVCH high-voltage coolant heater on paperwork. Traced for error and replaced as advised. It is also stated they tested in morning and it worked. Just weird enough I did get message in VoC parking climate encountered an issue in morning and also right before I picked it up.

Anyhow, will see tomorrow.

Update: worked this morning. Hopefully no problem any more and I'll stop updating.

Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 12-04-2019 at 12:31 PM.

23. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2