Preconditioning for winter, T8 got message parking climate unavailable - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      Dealer did't find anything wrong with it. No fix has been done. I hit the error message also with setting not using additional heater. So the root cause is still unknown.

It seems the computer tried to start preconditiong but detected some condition not met, then stopped it. But dealer couldn't find what is wrong.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Sounds weird that it´s not working and nothing can be done...what´s the point of extended warranty if it doesn´t do anything? Found out that the car indeed has the HVCH-thing and it´s inside the fender and they´ve never seen one in real life because 99,99% of the cars in nordic countries have the fuel burner-variant and I´m the 0,01% But they said that they could install a defa pipeheater if they can´t fix it https://www.defa.com/electrical-preh...engine-heater/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My pre-conditioning timer works. It was super nice to step into the warm environment and just go.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
      My pre-conditioning timer works. It was super nice to step into the warm environment and just go.
      Mine was all that nice every morning in past two winters. Today it is below 40F, and the car failed to pre-condition.
      This makes me want to call dealer...

Well, I'll wait one more month to see if any Nov software update will come out.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by t-man View Post
      Sounds weird that it´s not working and nothing can be done...what´s the point of extended warranty if it doesn´t do anything? Found out that the car indeed has the HVCH-thing and it´s inside the fender and they´ve never seen one in real life because 99,99% of the cars in nordic countries have the fuel burner-variant and I´m the 0,01% But they said that they could install a defa pipeheater if they can´t fix it https://www.defa.com/electrical-preh...engine-heater/
      There is definitely something can be done, just that dealer don't know how to do it, and for warranty work, they all rely on instructions from Volvo.
      So basically Volvo has not told dealer how to fix it. But we don't know if Volvo has a solution. My dealer doesn't seem to report this to Volvo as they can't repro it on spot.
      I'll have to wait till the problem always repros then get them to diagnose.

Today the preconditioning worked just fine via mobile VOC start. It was -4 celsius (24.8 F) outside. Cabin was warm and I got good mileage in pure-mode. Hopefully it wasn't just a onetimewonder....

Quote Originally Posted by t-man View Post
      Today the preconditioning worked just fine via mobile VOC start. It was -4 celsius (24.8 F) outside. Cabin was warm and I got good mileage in pure-mode. Hopefully it wasn't just a onetimewonder....
      See, it always gives you hope.
      Mine doesn't work today, 36F.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 10-29-2019 at 01:44 PM.

I can now confirm that after the dealership visit a week ago preconditioning works flawlessly with manual/timer set/VOC started. They found bunch of error codes in the heater itself and checked all the wiring but found nothing wrong there and updated something. Cost 300 euros but that goes to the seller. Gives plenty of heat even in -15 celsius and heats up in pure mode too when driving (before it was an icebox even with heat set to HI over 30 mile drive and aux heater ticked in the menu) Lets keep fingers crossed that it works from now on...

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2