How are your wipers?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

How are your wipers?

I've had my MY2020 XC60 T8 Inscription Pro for about 3 weeks now, and I find that the wipers are really ineffective at cleaning the windscreen. It looks like the water comes from the wipers themselves, and really, just don't remove anything from the windscreen.

Dae?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have been less then impressed with them. And yes it does come from the wiper itself

Jammy, from your post, with your use of 'windscreen' I am guessing you are in Europe. And Incription Pro is not a US configuration, but I am no expert. That said....I have a MY2018 XC60 T6 Inscription (US), with heated and integrated wipers/fluid sprayers for the front windshield. So I am speaking from about one and half years of use. For me the wipers work as expected, not any more effective or powerful than traditional wiper blades. The integrated sprayers just conserve fluid and don't spray your neighbor vehicles. I have had tree sap and bird droppings on the front windshield and those were removed by the wipers. In Northern California, it is unlikely that the heated aspect of the wipers will be activated (as that is triggered by ambient temperature). You said "(not) removing anything from the windscreen" Are you talking about dirt, mud, pollen, bird droppings? or ???
      2018 XC60 T6 Inscription - B & W

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TonesGTO View Post
      I have been less then impressed with them. And yes it does come from the wiper itself
      Recently noticed that the passenger side wiper does not clean well. I think for some reason there is less washer fluid coming out on this side. I am almost due for service & will have dealer check it.
      2018 XC60 T6 Inscription, Pine Grey, Maroon Brown Interior, Polestar, Advanced, Vision, Convenience, Protection, Air Suspension, B&W, etc

The work relatively well for me. I do wish they were the "opposed" movement. My last two vehicles both had those, and I prefer it by a longshot. The passenger side arm stops right in my center of view, so if the last wipe isn't perfectly clean it'll put a streak there. That is annoying.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements