Extra accessories at delivery???
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Picked up the wife's car on Monday. All is well, but I was reviewing the bill of sale and it has two items we didn't know we asked for and are not line items in the verification we got the week after ordering.

Skid plate accessories kit -$122
      Esk color cochrome inserts 2 -$1166

Skid plate is probably no big deal. At the time we ordered, our dealer told us the only option for the xc90 was inscription or R, so we went with it. We are happy with the interior, but the chrome is just overwhelming. So if somehow we are being charged ($1166!!!) and got some extra chrome inserts that we would have rather not been chrome, then I'm not going to be happy. And if they are mandatory inscription accessories, why are they their own line and cost and not lumped into the bigger t6 inscription package.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sounds like your dealer needed a boat payment. I'd take it back with all of your paperwork and just ask them about it. It could be that they intercepted an almost duplicate car in transit but didn't absorb the two extra items you see above. We ordered an XC60 in 2012 and were prepared to wait 3 months but car came in within a month. Dealer found the exact car on a ship that just docked and was unclaimed and grabbed it. Of course they had to brag about "giving" us the chrome exhaust tips for free. Would have been a cost option if we selected it. We didn't.

I'm a bit confused by the OSD posting though, if you did in fact pick up at the factory you can purchase factory options which will not be on the orginal order form but on an addendum. However you have to pay for them at the factory and $1300+ of add ones is pretty memorable. While the factory delivery process can be sensory overload I'd remember $1300+.
      Last edited by comp1; 09-26-2019 at 09:32 AM.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

This is OSD. When you get here they hand you a folder which includes a bill of sale, outlining your order. It includes any accessories you added when you ordered. Two on our list were not on the original order and are the chrome and the skid plate. Even the FDC cannot figure out the extra eak cochrome. At a loss.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by volvostud View Post
      This is OSD. When you get here they hand you a folder which includes a bill of sale, outlining your order. It includes any accessories you added when you ordered. Two on our list were not on the original order and are the chrome and the skid plate. Even the FDC cannot figure out the extra eak cochrome. At a loss.
      Having done two OSDs previously its quite the temptation to add things on at the factory but if you didn't add them (and they installed them on your car) not quite sure how they can expect you to pay. Have you actually paid for the accessories? Sounds like they got their wires crossed and added someone elses accessories.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

I'll sort out if we paid for them later, for now, nobody here in sweden seems to know what "Esk color cochrome inserts 2" is. We can postulate as to how it got added and paid for once we figure out what exactly it is.

So, anyone know what "Esk color cochrome inserts 2" are/is?

When we were going over the paperwork at FDC before the car rolled out, we too were surprised to see the skid plate and ESK cochrome on the list. There was no skid plate on the car. ESK cochrome...no idea what that is, and I forgot to ask.

Our XC90 is a Momentum, FWIW. I didn’t notice any extra chrome.

Now that you mention it, I should check and see if I actually paid for these things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by mollycat; 09-27-2019 at 11:42 PM.

When we picked up my wife’s 2012 OSD XC60, we noticed that it was AWD model, and we were sure we had ordered a FWD. Since the car was already paid for we were told that Volvo will eat that “upgrade”,and they did

Quote Originally Posted by tomek View Post
      When we picked up my wife’s 2012 OSD XC60, we noticed that it was AWD model, and we were sure we had ordered a FWD. Since the car was already paid for we were told that Volvo will eat that “upgrade”,and they did
      Interesting......that was a nice upgrade!!!
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

The "skidplate" is on the rear bumper top surface. Most folks seem to really like it and it does do a good job of protecting the bumper if you commonly are loading things in the rear (as most folks do).

The Chrome.... That's an interesting one. On the internets this is the only thread with that quote included. Nothing in the order guide. The only thing on the Volvo OSD accessory order guide that is $1166 is polestar (retail $1295). Wouldn't that be a happy accident? I checked out the Swedish build and price and didn't see anything that looking in line with this either (but we get a lot more standard features here in the US!)

All that being said, if the price you paid was the price you expected to pay you likely did NOT pay for these items.

We ordered polestar, which interestingly is cheaper at FDC as an add on than it was list when we bought the car in April. But that's another thread. We also bought the bumper cover. So both bumper cover and polestar are on our bill of sale ALONG with skid plate and cochrome.

Molly, we got home late Friday, so maybe this evening I'll have time to check the paperwork from our finance guys to see if we paid for those add ons or not

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements