Steingold Volvo Cars | Overseas Delivery Program
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Forum Sponsor

Steingold Volvo Cars | Overseas Delivery Program

Hey all, as an official Swedespeed Forum sponsor, we wanted to pass along our Overseas Delivery Program benefits. With dozens of orders per year, it’s routine at our dealership, so your order process will be seamless. We even waive all processing fees/dealer fees. The only price you’ll pay is the vehicle price and European Registration Fee. Period.

We’ve even put together a new Overseas Delivery spot that airs on our local TV networks to gain more awareness of the amazing program. For those who have already traveled, we hope you had a blast, and for those thinking about, we can help for sure. If any questions at all, don’t hesitate!

Watch Overseas Delivery Video Now:
      https://www.steingold.com/overseas-delivery.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 09-28-2019 at 09:18 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I appreciate your advertisement, and your company’s support of this website.

But I do take exception with the phrase...”fees that other stores will certainly charge.” We weren’t charged an extra penny by Seattle Volvo. Nor were the other 3 dealers in our market area assessing extra fees when we got our V90 via OSD.

Perhaps you are painting with a broad brush?

Just sayin’.

Forum Sponsor
      Thanks for the reply, Seabeck - appreciate it. Some dealers, however, not all, charge a Doc Fee and or an additional “OSD Processing Fee” to facilitate the transaction. Looks like your OSD dealings provided the same benefit, so glad to hear it!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I was also a bit put off by the suggestion that "other stores will certainly charge" fees. I purchased my OSD through Bob Kennedy at University Volvo He charged no additional fees and my experience with him was absolutely seamless. I value dealing with businesses that provide accurate and honest information.
      2016 XC60 T5 FWD OSD (May 2016), 6 countries, 2500km

Forum Sponsor
      Apologies, as that was never the intention. Just wanted to pass along our offerings. The post has been adjusted. Always appreciate the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
      I appreciate your advertisement, and your company’s support of this website.

But I do take exception with the phrase...”fees that other stores will certainly charge.” We weren’t charged an extra penny by Seattle Volvo. Nor were the other 3 dealers in our market area assessing extra fees when we got our V90 via OSD.

Perhaps you are painting with a broad brush?

Just sayin’.
      It's one of the most frustrating aspects of selling cars when you have borders near you.. and I'll bet the folks up in RI know all about that! Here in PA the document fee is capped by the state at $144, 60 miles south of me it's normally $299, and in VA I see $599 fairly often. I had a customer come from Ohio and said it was almost a grand out there, and I believe Florida is the same with a high fee. I'm shipping a Volvo to Florida for a customer for less than the doc fee difference. So there is actually a pretty good chance that some dealers will end up costing more than others even though the "price" is the same. It gets uglier when you start looking at comparing retail transactions. So perhaps WA is more consumer friendly with how the fees are regulated, but in the days of internet advertising, some states have a very dishonest (generally caused by state law, not actual dealership practices... though they happen too) competitive advantage.

Yea, there’s nothing more frustrating than negotiating a fair price for a new vehicle and then the dealership screws you with unreasonable document fees. I know some states have legal max limits while some states have no limits. My state doesn’t have a limit, but I sure wish it did. By the way other garbage they try to pass over on consumers is that window etching crap and other rust prevention junk. All pure gravy for the dealership.

I was under the impression that Volvo changed the rules so you could only place an OSD order through your local dealer. Not true?
      2018 XC60 Momentum T8 (OSD March 2018)

Forum Sponsor
      Quote Originally Posted by skibum50 View Post
      I was under the impression that Volvo changed the rules so you could only place an OSD order through your local dealer. Not true?
      Nope, not true at all. We take several orders per year from out of state residents!

Quote Originally Posted by skibum50 View Post
      My understanding is that the rule changed such that an OSD purchase must now be initially delivered stateside to the selling dealer.
      2016 XC60 T5 FWD OSD (May 2016), 6 countries, 2500km

Forum Sponsor
      Quote Originally Posted by SCwires View Post
      My understanding is that the rule changed such that an OSD purchase must now be initially delivered stateside to the selling dealer.
      Yes, exactly. All vehicles are delivered to the dealership that originated the OSD Order. We then transport the OSD vehicle to the customer once it has arrived. We use reputable transport companies that are fully insured to protect against damage/delays/etc.

I have an inquiry
      Can I OSD à European specd vehicle to be delivered to the US ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
      I have an inquiry
      Can I OSD à European specd vehicle to be delivered to the US ?

Not to my knowledge. You can't import vehicles to the US unless they are 25 years old or meet all US emissions and safety spec. Otherwise I'd have a manual V60 diesel in my driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      Not to my knowledge. You can't import vehicles to the US unless they are 25 years old or meet all US emissions and safety spec. Otherwise I'd have a manual V60 diesel in my driveway.
      Thank you for you’re reply

Let’s see what the Stiengold guys say.
      Maybe things have changed or XC90 actually fits the bill.

Forum Sponsor
      Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      Yes, this is accurate. European vehicles remain completely separate from the US market, especially for the OSD Program.

Quote Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars View Post
      Thanks for the reply, Seabeck - appreciate it. Some dealers, however, not all, charge a Doc Fee and or an additional “OSD Processing Fee” to facilitate the transaction. Looks like your OSD dealings provided the same benefit, so glad to hear it!

Thank you for the response. Have a great day!

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements