2018 xc90
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 20 of 20

    Thread: 2018 xc90

    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Location
      -TX-
      Posts
      16

      2018 xc90

      Hi Volvo community! Need advice and your experience with prices for brand
      new vehicle. We have 2007 XC90 and 2008 XC70, so yesterday I went to local
      dealership to pick up some parts. While I was waiting for a part, got into a
      conversation with sales. So told him that we are planning to buy xc90 in the
      beginning of the next year, and it will be CPO. So he told me why to wait and
      why CPO if they have excellent deal now for 2018 model year. The deal is 20k$
      off from MSRP for all brand new xc90, they were used as loaners and display cars,
      well i got skeptical about loaners vehicle, but most of them have less then
      200 miles. So one of them I asked to get drive out price, they offered 36500$
      out of the door. Its 2018 XC90 T5 Momentum with Convenience package and
      165 miles on it. It has 30 month warranty left.
      What do you guys think about this price?

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,139
      Sounds pretty good if you like the color and options. You can buy extended warranty for about $2.5k.

      Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

    4. #3
      Junior Member Heimdall's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      817
      Check if they have T6 and AWD
      Itís a different beast than the old ones


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

    6. #4
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Location
      -TX-
      Posts
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
      Check if they have T6 and AWD
      Itís a different beast than the old ones


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Well they do have, it even with blond interior(my wife favorite), however
      it will be somewhere around 46000$ total.

    7. #5
      Junior Member Heimdall's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      817
      Quote Originally Posted by bublik View Post
      Well they do have, it even with blond interior(my wife favorite), however
      it will be somewhere around 46000$ total.
      10k more for a T6!!!!
      In this case I can only suggest you test drive them both aggressively and see which one suits your needs


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    8. #6
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Location
      -TX-
      Posts
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
      10k more for a T6!!!!
      In this case I can only suggest you test drive them both aggressively and see which one suits your needs


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      it is not only T6, is has HUD, premium sound system, and T5 is FWD.

    9. #7
      Junior Member Heimdall's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      817
      Oh then I would strongly recommend testing them out both.

      From what I see youíre a Volvo fan and you keep your cars 10yrs +

      FYI a brand new fully loaded MY18 momentum+ T6 with everything on the list. Except massage seats was $54,046/- that was in September-17
      MSRP $68,535/-

      Iím only sharing for you to compare and negotiate with them with confidence of a reference deal made.

      You should be able to achieve a better deal than what Iíve just listed based on the fact that itís MY18 and the 2020 are already in the lots. In addition to the new car depreciation being applied as this is a display / loaner.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    10. #8
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Location
      -TX-
      Posts
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
      Oh then I would strongly recommend testing them out both.

      From what I see youíre a Volvo fan and you keep your cars 10yrs +

      FYI a brand new fully loaded MY18 momentum+ T6 with everything on the list. Except massage seats was $54,046/- that was in September-17
      MSRP $68,535/-

      Iím only sharing for you to compare and negotiate with them with confidence of a reference deal made.

      You should be able to achieve a better deal than what Iíve just listed based on the fact that itís MY18 and the 2020 are already in the lots. In addition to the new car depreciation being applied as this is a display / loaner.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thank you for the pricing! Now it looks like the 20k$ off should bring the price of 2018 XC90 T6 that they have in stock to 34k$ + taxes+fee = 36500$.

    11. #9
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      736
      Wow some great deals out there. Remember: a car is a depreciating asset.
      2018 Onyx Black T6 Momentum: Amber, 20" wheels

    12. #10
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Location
      -TX-
      Posts
      16
      Hi,
      Update here: Bought today 2018 XC90 T5 FWD, for 35500$ total. It was loaner with 160 miles on it. The sales person told me they cant advertised those kind of deals, you have to go and ask in person.
      So if you are looking for a Volvo now and don't really care if it is 2018, as long as its new, with minimum miles on it go to you local dealer that has 2018 in stock and ask for discount.

    13. #11
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,139
      Quote Originally Posted by bublik View Post
      Hi,
      Update here: Bought today 2018 XC90 T5 FWD, for 35500$ total. It was loaner with 160 miles on it. The sales person told me they cant advertised those kind of deals, you have to go and ask in person.
      So if you are looking for a Volvo now and don't really care if it is 2018, as long as its new, with minimum miles on it go to you local dealer that has 2018 in stock and ask for discount.
      It is an insane deal. Congrats!
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

    14. #12
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Location
      -TX-
      Posts
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      It is an insane deal. Congrats!
      Thanks a lot!
      Forgot to add, they gave me 500$ off for each Volvo that was already on my insurance policy, so total 1000$ off for 2008 XC70 and 2007 XC90, its some kind of loyalty discount.

    15. #13
      Junior Member frontgear's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Posts
      272
      Quote Originally Posted by bublik View Post
      Well they do have, it even with blond interior(my wife favorite), however
      it will be somewhere around 46000$ total.
      I got mine brand new in Oct 2018 for $1K more ($47K) OTD with more options and a T6. There is room to negotiate there especially when 2020 is already out.
      2018 XC90 T6 AWD Osmium Gray/Amber

    16. #14
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,199
      This is an amazing deal.
      Yet, I can barely get $9300 off a 2019 T6 Momentum in Jersey...
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    17. #15
      Junior Member Heimdall's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      817
      Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      This is an amazing deal.
      Yet, I can barely get $9300 off a 2019 T6 Momentum in Jersey...
      Check out volvoMV
      They seem to be running crazy deals.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    18. #16
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,199
      Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
      Check out volvoMV
      They seem to be running crazy deals.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      What's VolvoMV?
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    19. #17
      Junior Member Heimdall's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      817
      Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      What's VolvoMV?
      VolvoMV.com


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    20. #18
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,199
      Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
      VolvoMV.com


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Well, that's great, but that's in CA.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    21. #19
      Junior Member Heimdall's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      817
      Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      Well, that's great, but that's in CA.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      They sell and ship to anywhere
      Itís basically 7-800$ more.
      Have a look. What do you have to lose?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    22. #20
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,199
      Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
      They sell and ship to anywhere
      Itís basically 7-800$ more.
      Have a look. What do you have to lose?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I'm at $9300 off locally, so no point.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    23. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 2
      Last Post: 06-07-2018, 03:03 PM
    2. My 2018 Denim Blue 21" next to 2018 Pine Gray 21"
      By exm in forum XC90 (SPA: 2016 - )
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: 06-02-2018, 03:07 PM
    3. Replies: 5
      Last Post: 12-01-2017, 10:33 PM
    4. Alignment issue on 2018 S60, 2018 XC60 and 2015 S60
      By cromeyellow in forum S60, S60CC & V60, V60CC (2011-2018)
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 10-02-2017, 12:21 PM
    5. random thoughts: 2018 S90 vs 2018 XC60 vs 2013 S60
      By elefant in forum S60, S60CC & V60, V60CC (2011-2018)
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 07-24-2017, 10:41 PM