SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1995 960 Sedan fuel odor in cabin but only when heater is running

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Daveybeee 
#1 ·
I haven’t driven my 960 much in the past 8 years (parked in garage and driven in summer only - it snows here). I started driving it regularly this summer. It has about 110,000 miles on it. I’ve been getting my car serviced annually at Suburban Volvo in Troy, MI for the past 8 years. Since it has been hot all summer, I just turned on the heater the past few mornings and there are terrible gas odors in the cab, particularly while idling. When I turn the heater off, the odor goes away completely. I recently had the vacuum assist for the brakes replaced at the dealership. It took them three tries to get it right and they made it pretty darn clear they don’t want to see me again. Does anyone know what could be causing the odor when the heater is running? Also, any suggestions on finding a reliable mechanic would be greatly appreciated, I’m not a DIY. Thank you!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.