XC40 EV got Android Sensus UI
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

XC40 EV got Android Sensus UI

5-3.jpg

Looks good!

Finally, OTA update for software and OS. Does it including firmware? Not exactly sure. But EV firmware is simple, no ECU!

And, map data to help speed limit and curve handling.

Great long waiting stuff.

https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob...with-google-te

Fully electric Volvo XC40 introduces brand new infotainment system powered by Android with Google technologies built-in

Oct 09, 2019 ID: 258928

Volvo Cars is fundamentally rethinking infotainment in the forthcoming fully electric Volvo XC40. Powered by Android, the new infotainment system offers customers unprecedented personalisation, improved levels of intuitiveness and new embedded Google technology and services.

Volvo Car Group is the first company to team up with Google on integrating an infotainment system powered by Android, with the Google Assistant, Google Maps and the Google Play Store built-in. The two companies have been development partners for the past several years.

The new system offers full integration of Android Automotive OS, Google’s open-source Android platform, with real-time updates to services such as Google Maps, Google Assistant and automotive apps created by the global developer community.

The electric XC40 is also the first Volvo that will receive software and operating system updates over the air*, placing Volvo Cars at the forefront of automotive connected services. The fully electric XC40 will keep evolving and improving over time, rather than it being at its peak when it leaves the factory.

“We are finally giving you the same experience in your car that you’re used to on your phone, but adapted for safe interaction while driving,” says Henrik Green, Chief Technology Officer at Volvo Cars. “And by introducing over-the-air updates for everything from maintenance to completely new features, the car can stay as fresh as your other digital products, always with the latest and greatest features.”

One of the best features of Android Automotive OS is that it is an Android operating system familiar to millions of developers, tailored to run in the car. Technology and services created by Google and Volvo Cars developers are embedded in the car, while additional music and media apps optimised and adapted for cars will be available through the Google Play Store.

The Google Assistant allows customers to get things done using just their voice for in-car functions such as controlling temperature, setting a destination, playing their favourite music and podcasts on apps like Spotify, and keeping in touch by for example sending messages.

This integration contributes to reducing driver distraction, helping drivers keep their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. The Google Assistant also allows you to interact with your smart-home devices from your Volvo car.

Google Maps will be able to provide refreshed map and traffic data in real time, keeping drivers informed about upcoming traffic situations and proactively suggesting alternative routes, as well as suggesting the nearest charging station en route.

This same rich and fresh map data will be used to improve the capabilities of the XC40’s Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) by providing important information such as speed limits and curves in the road to the car.

Volvo Cars also continues to develop software and connected services, using its growing force of software engineers and its digital services platform Volvo On Call.

For example, the new infotainment system will be fully integrated with Volvo On Call, offering new features such as monitoring battery status and charging levels.

Volvo On Call classics such as pre-heating your car on a cold winter’s day, finding your car in a large parking lot, remote locking and unlocking and car sharing via a digital key are also included.

The fully electric XC40 will be first shown to the public on October 16.

Notes to editors:

* The fully electric XC40 is the first car to receive larger over-the-air updates to its software and operating system. Over-the-air updates for apps and maps are already available on other current Volvo cars.

* Google, Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC.

* Availability of features and services described above may vary, depending on market.

-------------------------------

Volvo Car Group in 2018

For the 2018 financial year, Volvo Car Group recorded an operating profit of 14,185 MSEK (14,061 MSEK in 2017). Revenue over the period amounted to 252,653 MSEK (208,646 MSEK). For the full year 2018, global sales reached a record 642,253 (571,577) cars, an increase of 12.4 per cent versus 2017. The results underline the comprehensive transformation of Volvo Cars’ finances and operations in recent years, positioning the company for its next growth phase.

About Volvo Car Group

Volvo Cars was founded in 1927. Today, it is one of the most well-known and respected premium car brands in the world with sales of 642,253 cars in 2018 in about 100 countries. Volvo Cars has been under the ownership of the Zhejiang Geely Holding of China since 2010.

In 2018, Volvo Cars employed on average approximately 43,000 (39,500) full-time employees. Volvo Cars head office, product development, marketing and administration functions are mainly located in Gothenburg, Sweden. Volvo Cars head office for China is located in Shanghai. The company’s main car production plants are located in Gothenburg (Sweden), Ghent (Belgium), South Carolina (US), Chengdu and Daqing (China), while engines are manufactured in Skövde (Sweden) and Zhangjiakou (China) and body components in Olofström (Sweden).

Under its new company purpose, Volvo Cars aims to provide customers with the Freedom to Move in a personal, sustainable and safe way. This purpose is reflected into a number of business ambitions: by the middle of next decade it aims for half of its global sales to be fully electric cars and to offer half of all cars to customers via its subscription service. By then, it also expects one-third of its cars sold to be autonomous.

Keywords:

Technology, Corporate, Connectivity, Electrification, XC40

Descriptions and facts in this press material relate to Volvo Cars' international car range. Described features might be optional. Vehicle specifications may vary from one country to another and may be altered without prior notification.
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 10-09-2019 at 11:34 AM.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 237240 miles [2020-07]

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The climate temperature now is much easier to control, just < and >, this is good too. Hope they speed up the fan if we change it to cold or hot.

This is what I've been waiting for! Now to find out range, cost and when ordering starts!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Wasn't the plan to bring the entire CMA range onto the Android Automotive platform during 2020?

I don't want the EV, but I do want the new system and an XC40.
      2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience Package, Bowers & Wilkins, HUD, Rear Air Suspension, Polestar Optimization
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design
      Family History: 1983 Volvo 245 | 1987 Volvo 744 Turbo | 1993 Volvo 854 | 2001 Volvo S80 T6 | 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD | 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD | 2015.5 Volvo S60 Cross Country

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Wasn't the plan to bring the entire CMA range onto the Android Automotive platform during 2020?

I don't want the EV, but I do want the new system and an XC40.
      It will of course. It is just the matter of MY2020 or MY2021.
      This Android Sensus is definitely well received and they won't hesitate to push out on more cars, and reduce support cost of old Sensus UI.

The MY2020 XC40 PHEV looks not getting Android UI. So MY2021 is safer bet.

Are they going to bring android update to 2019-2020 XC40s? I doubt it but it would be nice if they could make that update at the dealer. I wonder how much different the tablet is, it at all. I just bought a 2020 XC40.

Quote Originally Posted by barger01 View Post
      Are they going to bring android update to 2019-2020 XC40s? I doubt it but it would be nice if they could make that update at the dealer. I wonder how much different the tablet is, it at all. I just bought a 2020 XC40.
      I hope they make it a paid upgrade for all previous CMA and SPA models. If priced correctly, many people will jump on it!
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

Are you guys saying it will be exclusively Android based? - no CarPlay?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco1 View Post
      Are you guys saying it will be exclusively Android based? - no CarPlay?
      The OS is Android and it supports CarPlay, as I read about it in other reports.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 10-09-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Sorry to pop the balloon, but I don’t see much “new” here. I’m very happy with my Apple CarPlay in my 2020 XC40 RDesign.

Why? Well;
      - all my iOS apps, including iTunes, iMessages, iPhone, SiriusXM, Radio, iHeart,... are fully integrated
      - my iMessages are read to me, and I respond using voice. My wife prefers my responses from the car as everything I say is added to the text, including exclamation.
      - Waze is fully integrated, giving real-time traffic updates.
      - Sirius app has crystal clear sound quality, better than over satellite
      - Pandora is awesome
      - all my iTunes songs are available
      - Waze traffic directions and speed trap warnings are fully integrated
      - Sensus software and app updates for everything is real-time, except the underlying Volvo engine and car control. I will reserve judgment on how well that works real-time.

The recent iOS 13 updates on my iPhone were amazing for Apple CarPlay support! The XC40 sucked it all up from my iPhone. Guess what? They came real-time! I didn’t have to visit the dealer or do anything!!!

Suckaa Amazing what a Google Marketing team can do with a pig.
      2020 XC40 R Design T5 Polestar, bursting blue, July 2019
      2015 V60 T5, crystal pearl, platinum/tech/BLIS, July 2015
      2012 XC60 R Design, electric silver, off-black, platinum/climate/tech/BLIS, OSD in Nov 2011
      2004 XC90 2.5T, silver, OSD in Oct 2003

Quote Originally Posted by kevinG View Post
      Sorry to pop the balloon, but I don’t see much “new” here. I’m very happy with my Apple CarPlay in my 2020 XC40 RDesign.

Why? Well;
      - all my iOS apps, including iTunes, iMessages, iPhone, SiriusXM, Radio, iHeart,... are fully integrated
      - my iMessages are read to me, and I respond using voice. My wife prefers my responses from the car as everything I say is added to the text, including exclamation.
      - Pandora is awesome
      - Sensus software and app updates for everything is real-time, except the underlying Volvo engine and car control. I will reserve judgment on how well that works real-time.

The recent iOS 13 updates on my iPhone were amazing for Apple CarPlay support! The XC40 sucked it all up from my iPhone. Guess what? They came real-time! I didn’t have to visit the dealer or do anything!!!

But you can't control car A/C temperature or radio station from CarPlay. The music streamed on phone and played via Bluetooth sucks in quality. Not to mention many don't use CarPlay or AndroindAuto at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      But you can't control car A/C temperature or radio station from CarPlay. The music streamed on phone and played via Bluetooth sucks in quality. Not to mention many don't use CarPlay or AndroindAuto at all.

You must work for Google. Only explanation possible.

I can control my temperature just fine using Sensus. Slide up / down, or by exact temperature. Both left and right sides, together or separate. I don’t care how it is done underneath. It is FULLY integrated on the interface.

The radio station is set just fine while using CarPlay. All channels are auto searched and presented. I then select my favorites for quick select. HD Radio is perfect. I don’t care how it is done underneath. It is FULLY integrated on the interface.

By the way, Apple CarPlay audio is higher quality than Bluetooth. Any audio fan knows that Bluetooth sound quality sucks. Are you trying to get me to go back to using Bluetooth for good sounding audio? That is downright nuts.

I use CarPlay everyday. Obviously you have not.
      2012 XC60 R Design, electric silver, off-black, platinum/climate/tech/BLIS, OSD in Nov 2011

You must work for Google. Only explanation possible.

I can control my temperature just fine using Sensus. Slide up / down, or by exact temperature. Both left and right sides, together or separate. I don’t care how it is done underneath. It is FULLY integrated on the interface.

The radio station is set just fine while using CarPlay. All channels are auto searched and presented. I then select my favorites for quick select. HD Radio is perfect. I don’t care how it is done underneath. It is FULLY integrated on the interface.

By the way, Apple CarPlay audio is higher quality than Bluetooth. Any audio fan knows that Bluetooth sound quality sucks. Are you trying to get me to go back to using Bluetooth for good sounding audio? That is downright nuts.

I use CarPlay everyday. Obviously you have not.
      Of course not. why the h___ I'd use iPhone. Many people are different on this planet.

I am not advocating google but they make it possible to fully integrate Android in car. Apple doesn't do it.

And actually in China, the Android car will not have google apps. They will be using local market apps there, with excellent Chinese voice control. So choices are always possible.

Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 10-09-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Of course not. why the h___ I'd use iPhone.

Ahh, now I understand. You’ve never used CarPlay. Everything is clear now.

Ahh, now I understand. You’ve never used CarPlay. Everything is clear now.
      I have choices, and Apple is not my choice. Simple.

AA and Carplay are not the same thing as an integrated, native, OS.

You can like Carplay, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's not the same as a seamless native platform.

The climate temperature now is much easier to control, just < and >, this is good too. Hope they speed up the fan if we change it to cold or hot.
      I suspect the demo car doesn't have multi-zone climate control, and that's why it looks that way. Otherwise, they're adding a step potentially, to set individual zone temps.

"speed up the fan"? What do you have your auto fan speed set to?

The Google maps on instrument cluster looks good. Hopefully there's also better heads up display integration too.

Audi does integrate this without having to go fill Google, guess Volvo was lazy and didnt want to figure it out themselves with the existing SPA Sensus platform

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by B0000rt; 10-10-2019 at 10:44 AM.

They are not putting it in because they feel it's worse. It would be nice to have this option for retrofit in at least 20 models, but it isn't going to happen. First xc40 electric and polestar 2, then trickle down to the 21 models across the board.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      They are not putting it in because they feel it's worse. It would be nice to have this option for retrofit in at least 20 models, but it isn't going to happen. First xc40 electric and polestar 2, then trickle down to the 21 models across the board.
      People keep saying that, but we'll see. My insight was that the original intent was for it to be backwards compatible. (Skip to the last few pages of the "May SW update" thread in the XC90 forum)

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      They want to sell the new models first... Maybe still some hope, like the PA2 retrofit to XC90 after S90 is out.

They want to sell the new models first... Maybe still some hope, like the PA2 retrofit to XC90 after S90 is out.
      It's a UI/OS and for most new car buyers, would not be the determining factor when it's an incremental change over the original.

It is however a potential cost savings to Volvo to roll it out broadly to have brand experience symmetry, non-bifurcated support, and reduced warranty claims that tie back to poor SW performance from the older OS.

Like I said in the other thread, they could have changed tack, but the original intent was for this to be applied across the existing fleet, like any other SW update.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
      It's a UI/OS and for most new car buyers, would not be the determining factor when it's an incremental change over the original.

It is however a potential cost savings to Volvo to roll it out broadly to have brand experience symmetry, non-bifurcated support, and reduced warranty claims that tie back to poor SW performance from the older OS.

Like I said in the other thread, they could have changed tack, but the original intent was for this to be applied across the existing fleet, like any other SW update.
      This UI/OS change is significant, with day-and-night experience on voice control, voice nav over old one. It could well be the determining factor for buyers.

To reduce support cost, they have to first make sure the new UI/OS is stable on old cars. Otherwise they will have more problems to support than keeping the old OS.
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 10-10-2019 at 12:50 PM.

This UI/OS change is significant, with day-and-night experience on voice control, voice nav over old one. It could well be the determining factor for buyers.

To reduce support cost, they have to first make sure the new UI/OS is stable on old cars. Otherwise they will have more problems to support than keeping the old OS.
      Like I said in the other thread, it was developed on that hardware, to run on that hardware, so unless there's a marketing decision or other non-technical reason, there's nothing stopping them from rolling it out.

Like I said in the other thread, it was developed on that hardware, to run on that hardware, so unless there's a marketing decision or other non-technical reason, there's nothing stopping them from rolling it out.
      Running on that IHU hardware is not the same as running on old model cars that have many different modules than new cars.

Running on that IHU hardware is not the same as running on old model cars that have many different modules than new cars.
      Not sure I follow. The OS lives in and is run from the IHU. It manages what you see on the center stack and the gauge cluster. Not sure what other "modules" you're talking about that the OS/UI development would impact. Unless you're talking about drivetrain management...which is not being taken over by Google.

Not sure I follow. The OS lives in and is run from the IHU. It manages what you see on the center stack and the gauge cluster. Not sure what other "modules" you're talking about that the OS/UI development would impact. Unless you're talking about drivetrain management...which is not being taken over by Google.
      The software running in IHU and has to control many other controller modules in the car for all the options you can change on the UI.
      It is not a standalone phone app. It works together with all the other controller modules in the car. And those controller modules are very different in ICE cars versus EV.
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 10-10-2019 at 01:47 PM.

The software running in IHU and has to control many other controller modules in the car for all the options you can change on the UI.
      It is not a standalone phone app. It works together with all the other controller modules in the car. And those controller modules are very different in ICE cars versus EV.
      You're over thinking the depth to which the Android OS hosts everything. It's not a 100% Google build, it's built in conjunction with Volvo. So it's not like they tossed some pure form of Android in there and have it managing everything.

Think of it like every non-Google built Android phone. It's Android over the existing manufacturer hardware and specs, and hands off to manufacturer designed inputs where required. So imagine this Volvo experience as Android, but when you go to a settings menu and go to your high-beam settings, for example, Android "hands that off" to the existing software and hardware. Could be skinned, could literally be the same as the screen you currently see.

What this offers is direct integration of features that previously required the wired AA connection, and additional customization that Volvo doesn't want/need to invest in. I think the BIG thing will be Google maps integration throughout the entire ecosystem. That's big and will make for a much nicer experience over the current maps system. And gone will be the days of CONSTANT map update notifications! Google Assistant integration will be nice, though I've personally never been a heavy user of any voice control systems. Google Play store integration isn't what I think most people think it means. The advantage to Volvo is they can stop developing and supporting those one-off apps for Sensus. As an end user, it just means you'll have access to the same apps that you currently can use through the latest Android Auto, and restricted to limited "least distracting" format.

One hope is that Google Assistant integration means integration between Volvo-on-call, Google Assistant, and Google Home. I know Volvo tested a form of this out in some markets, but never released it here in the states. The press release isn't entirely clear on it.

The new Android stack is a collaboration with Intel, and runs on custom silicon. Doubtful it would be back-ported to legacy vehicles. See https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...xperience.html and https://newsroom.intel.com/news/inte...nt-volvo-cars/ .

You're over thinking the depth to which the Android OS hosts everything. It's not a 100% Google build, it's built in conjunction with Volvo. So it's not like they tossed some pure form of Android in there and have it managing everything.

Think of it like every non-Google built Android phone. It's Android over the existing manufacturer hardware and specs, and hands off to manufacturer designed inputs where required. So imagine this Volvo experience as Android, but when you go to a settings menu and go to your high-beam settings, for example, Android "hands that off" to the existing software and hardware. Could be skinned, could literally be the same as the screen you currently see.

What this offers is direct integration of features that previously required the wired AA connection, and additional customization that Volvo doesn't want/need to invest in. I think the BIG thing will be Google maps integration throughout the entire ecosystem. That's big and will make for a much nicer experience over the current maps system. And gone will be the days of CONSTANT map update notifications! Google Assistant integration will be nice, though I've personally never been a heavy user of any voice control systems. Google Play store integration isn't what I think most people think it means. The advantage to Volvo is they can stop developing and supporting those one-off apps for Sensus. As an end user, it just means you'll have access to the same apps that you currently can use through the latest Android Auto, and restricted to limited "least distracting" format.

One hope is that Google Assistant integration means integration between Volvo-on-call, Google Assistant, and Google Home. I know Volvo tested a form of this out in some markets, but never released it here in the states. The press release isn't entirely clear on it.
      Right, Volvo adds more code to the OS, to control those modules in car beyond climate, media, GPS/map nav. The OS doesn't host those but has to send command to those modules. Such as, when you enable PA, it sends command to the PA module to enable it. When you disable a safety option in the UI, it sends command to some other module.

There are many such controls in a car, and they varies a little bit depends on car configuration. Volvo has to make sure the software downloaded to your car works as expected.
      So it is a lot of testing at least to cover the different configurations.

I am not over thinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyvalleyguy View Post
      The new Android stack is a collaboration with Intel, and runs on custom silicon. Doubtful it would be back-ported to legacy vehicles. See https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...xperience.html and https://newsroom.intel.com/news/inte...nt-volvo-cars/ .
      The IHUs (at least he ones from 2017 forward) use Intel Atom SoCs, from what I've been told. Short of tearing one down, I can't confirm that first-hand though.

Why? Well;
      - Pandora is awesome

Actually those items are NOT fully integrated at all. In fact maps show up in the bottom 1/3 of the screen and not in the gauge cluster. The biggest win is to have full native support for google maps. Since the car is running all of these apps without a phone, you can comfortable leave your phone on the wireless charger and not have to worry about having it plugged in and unavailable in the meantime. While AA / Carplay are nice, having google maps fully supported as the native navigation option is the dream, and it's finally here.

They're keeping support for CarPlay for those who want to continue with a crappy bolt on experience

The IHUs (at least he ones from 2017 forward) use Intel Atom SoCs, from what I've been told. Short of tearing one down, I can't confirm that first-hand though.
      I really hope they have a good plug-able design and easy to upgrade processor, as processor is very cheap nowadays.
      This raspberrypi 4 kit is only $55
      https://www.raspberrypi.org/products...-4-model-b-4gb

Specifications
      Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
      1GB, 2GB or 4GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM (depending on model)
      2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
      Gigabit Ethernet
      2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports.
      Raspberry Pi standard 40 pin GPIO header (fully backwards compatible with previous boards)
      2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
      2-lane MIPI DSI display port
      2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
      4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
      H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
      OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
      Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
      5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A*)
      5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A*)
      Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
      Operating temperature: 0 – 50 degrees C ambient
      * A good quality 2.5A power supply can be used if downstream USB peripherals consume less than 500mA in total.

There are a few reasons to be excited about this even if you use CarPlay:

1. Voice Control (for functions like the climate system) will move to Google Assistant and be infinitely more useful.
      2. Development of Android has substantially more support than development of Sensus.
      3. Once Volvo's software team finishes implementing this change, they can start focusing more on improving the new system rather than trying to build another one. This potentially means implementing new CarPlay functionalities such as showing additional information in the driver display aka instrument cluster, wireless carplay, and more.
      4. If something goes wrong and you can't use your phone, the system you have to fall back on for navigation and other functions will be considerably better.
      2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience Package, Bowers & Wilkins, HUD, Rear Air Suspension, Polestar Optimization
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design
      Family History: 1983 Volvo 245 | 1987 Volvo 744 Turbo | 1993 Volvo 854 | 2001 Volvo S80 T6 | 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD | 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD | 2015.5 Volvo S60 Cross Country

VOC / Connectivity Expert
      I really hope they have a good plug-able design and easy to upgrade processor, as processor is very cheap nowadays.
      This raspberrypi 4 kit is only $55
      https://www.raspberrypi.org/products...-4-model-b-4gb

Specifications
      Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
      1GB, 2GB or 4GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM (depending on model)
      2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
      Gigabit Ethernet
      2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports.
      Raspberry Pi standard 40 pin GPIO header (fully backwards compatible with previous boards)
      2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
      2-lane MIPI DSI display port
      2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
      4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
      H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
      OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
      Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
      5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A*)
      5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A*)
      Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
      Operating temperature: 0 – 50 degrees C ambient
      * A good quality 2.5A power supply can be used if downstream USB peripherals consume less than 500mA in total.
      I know what your saying with this comment but this processor is also 3-4 years old and even my Galaxy S7, which is 3 years old has more than 5x the performance of the Pi. Just saying...
      Any comments made are of my own opinion and not that of my employer!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast