A Few Questions for the OSD Experts
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Post A Few Questions for the OSD Experts

Hello! Some quick background: Recently our Swedish Silver Bullet (2006 S60 AWD OSD) was hit (while waiting at a light by the combined collision of two other vehicles). Fortunately the wife and kids suffered no serious injuries as Elsie protected them as advertised. Even though the only damage to the car is limited to the driver's door and the door frame (car is still mechanically sound and drive-able), due to its age the insurance company wants to total it out as the repair cost estimate is about the same as the value. We are haggling, but still may not end up with a favorable result.

A possible replacement we are considering is the OSD 2020 V60 Cross Country as it has most everything we would like, a great fit for the family and is not a complete budget buster for the features that come with it. Questions: 1) Does Volvo offer a Loyalty Discount for current/previous Volvo owners and if so, does it apply to OSD purchases? 2) The V60CrossCountryMY20.pdf (September 2019) no longer lists paint colors individually. I am interested in the "Bright Silver Metallic" or equivalent as in my opinion it would look great on this car. On the build option, the color is available for the V90CC, XC60 and possibly others, but was not listed for the V60CC. Are the colors available limited to those on the Volvo website or are there additional options like in past model years?

We had such a great experience with our 2006 OSD adventure that we would like to do it again and bring the kids along if possible.

Thank you in advance for any answers, suggestions or comments you may have.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I believe no loyalty discount. OSD price is fixed, no negotiation.

Color choices should be same as the Volvo US website. No more OSD special colors.

OSD is indeed great experience, even when doing it again. Of course you should bring the kids.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

Discounts (loyalty, a-plan, etc) typically do not apply to OSD. If available, they may apply to cars on the lot or cars ordered through the dealer (not OSD).

Regarding colors, whatever the web builder allows, that is what you can get.
      2018 XC90 T8 AWD Momentum Plus, Denim Blue, convenience, air suspension, B&W, HUD, etc
      2005 S60 2.5T AWD (OSD) Platinum Green, Premium, Convenience, Climate, Bi-Xenon, etc
      Previous:
      2016 XC90 T6 AWD (OSD) Momentum Plus, Magic Blue, vision, convenience, air suspension, B&W, HUD, etc
      2004 XC90 T6 AWD (gone but not forgotten)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I definitely got an A-plan discount in early 2018 with our OSD MY2019 purchase! My dealer also asked if I was a previous Volvo owner (I am not) presumably to determine if I was eligible for the loyalty discount.
      Last edited by likeXC90; 10-12-2019 at 09:56 AM.
      2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      “Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.” - Theodore von Karman

I just took OSD in Sept. on a 2020 XC60 and the “extra” they gave me was a second night free at the hotel in Gothenburg. I’m not clear on whether it was becauseI was a repeat ISD customer (2nd time) or because I’ve owned several Volvo’s over the years. Other than that there was no loyalty incentive that I was able to get.

I did ask my dealer and OSD whether I could order a color that wasn’t offered on the website for the Inscription, but that were in production on the R or the XC40 and the answer was no.

Hope you decide to order a new Volvo via OSD. It’s still a fun experience! Good Luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

$995 Destination Fee

Coming from BMW ED I was under impression that Volvo and MBZ wave Destination Fee for OSD vehicles. Looking at the Volvo Web site and it states otherwise. Please confirm. thanks.

Loyalty absolutely applies to OSD, we got it in 11 and 18, course they are changing program like crazy. Your rep will know available colors but it seems that Volvo is no longer doing unique OSD colors so I suspect that whatever is available online via configurator are your only options.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

word of advice Take a V60 out for a test ride. The back seat leg room is "tiny" Some folks have a hard time fitting car seats in. You may be beyond car seats. But that might mean kids kicking the back of the driver's seat This was our experience on a '17 V60.. Not the newer model

Just try it out to make sure everything & everybody fits in
      Sold: 98 V70 2.5T 289k Miles
      Sold 05 V70 2.5
      Sold: 05 XC90 2.5T 313986 Miles
      Traded 2017 V60 Platinum Mussel Blue OSD
      2019 XC60 Inscription (almost OSD)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapr View Post
      word of advice Take a V60 out for a test ride. The back seat leg room is "tiny" Some folks have a hard time fitting car seats in. You may be beyond car seats. But that might mean kids kicking the back of the driver's seat This was our experience on a '17 V60.. Not the newer model

Just try it out to make sure everything & everybody fits in
      New SPA V60 is larger in the back than last generation. Rear seats should be no problem. V60 demo car is hard to find. You can try a S60 demo car, it should have same leg room as V60.

Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

I already post a question to this thread - it does not show up - probably because I am new to this forum.
      I have a question regarding a $3,000 non-refundable deposit - how this works? Is it apply to OSD invoice price or lease deposit? I search Volvo OSD page, I only see the article regarding the on-line purchase $3,000 must paid by credit card only. Is this applied to OSD deposit also?
      I did BMW ED in 2006 and very familiar with overal ED/OSD process (thanks to Bimmerfest), but there was no deposit involve with BMW ED.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      I believe no loyalty discount. OSD price is fixed, no negotiation.
      No negotiation? Is that true? I thought customers have negotiated prices on OSD orders. Volvo salespeople don’t bother answering. The question is directed towards OSD customers.

Quote Originally Posted by George1989 View Post
      I already post a question to this thread - it does not show up - probably because I am new to this forum.
      I have a question regarding a $3,000 non-refundable deposit - how this works? Is it apply to OSD invoice price or lease deposit? I search Volvo OSD page, I only see the article regarding the on-line purchase $3,000 must paid by credit card only. Is this applied to OSD deposit also?
      I did BMW ED in 2006 and very familiar with overal ED/OSD process (thanks to Bimmerfest), but there was no deposit involve with BMW ED.
      $3000 is applied to cost of car.
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription Fusion Red Luxury and Advanced Package

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy View Post
      No negotiation? Is that true? I thought customers have negotiated prices on OSD orders. Volvo salespeople don’t bother answering. The question is directed towards OSD customers.
      No negotiation.
      Hers - 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription via OSD His - 2016 MB C300 Sport 4matic
      Just for fun - 2001 Honda S2000 - also hers

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey54 View Post
      No negotiation.
      +1
      (However if anyone has successfully negotiated their OSD, I'd like to hear all about it!)
      2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      “Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.” - Theodore von Karman

While it's not exactly negotiation, it's certainly worthwhile to inquire as to whether your prospective OSD dealer charges a doc or dealer prep fee. It has been reported that some do, and it can range well into the hundreds of dollars. Bob Kennedy at University Volvo does not impose these fees on OSD orders.
      2016 XC60 T5 FWD OSD (May 2016), 6 countries, 2500km

I’m glad everyone is ok. With respect to the car, we were t-boned in the front passenger door last year in our 16 Fusion hybrid. Door crushed, rocker panel pushed in a few inches, side airbags popped. Car totaled. No injuries. In my mind, as much as I liked the car, it had done its job and would never be the same if repaired. I would not want any car back that had structural damage. And if the insurance company repaired it, I would trade it in on a new car. But that is just me.

I understand the sentimental value of the car and the cost difference for a new one. But, I think you have to look at the nature of the damage to see if it is something that is better off on the road with your family or written off.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvo’s: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70, 98 V70 (twins to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      New SPA V60 is larger in the back than last generation. Rear seats should be no problem. V60 demo car is hard to find. You can try a S60 demo car, it should have same leg room as V60.

Good to hear on the rear seat room. My dealer shows 3 in stock. Pro tip: come to Portland for your new Volvo!
      Sold: 98 V70 2.5T 289k Miles
      Sold 05 V70 2.5
      Sold: 05 XC90 2.5T 313986 Miles
      Traded 2017 V60 Platinum Mussel Blue OSD
      2019 XC60 Inscription (almost OSD)

We were not able to negotiate on our OSD XC40 last summer, but it was delayed coming to the US and Volvo compensated us for the delay.

Our dealer did not charge us the doc fee, but they also wouldn’t get it registered for us so if the dealership doesn’t charge it, ask if they will register it for you or if you have to.
      My bride’s - 2019 XC40 (July 2019 OSD), Momentum Mine - 2013 VW GTI Drivers Edition and 1996 VW GTI VR6 (bought new and still love it) Ours - 2008 Jeep GC Limited with a Hemi.

Does anyone know if "full" feature list PDFs (as opposed to the limited ones on the http://www.flyvolvo.com/msg4.htm page) are available for the 2020 OSD vehicles? If so please provide link. I haven't been able to find anything better on the Volvo site. In previous years, a much more extensive list was provided for each vehicle. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by tfgerman View Post
      Does anyone know if "full" feature list PDFs (as opposed to the limited ones on the http://www.flyvolvo.com/msg4.htm page) are available for the 2020 OSD vehicles? If so please provide link. I haven't been able to find anything better on the Volvo site. In previous years, a much more extensive list was provided for each vehicle. Thank you
      I was looking for the same thing a few months back, and never found one. I ended up just emailing back and forth with FDC on what they could/couldn't add, using the accessory pages (in our case an XC60 T8). Honestly, it was a little frustrating/comical, as I wanted to add Intellisafe Assist, and no one there seemed to know what exactly that entailed, though we did get finally get it installed once we got to the FDC. Other items (e.g. protective plate beneath engine) weren't on the standard sheet, but could easily be added.
      2020 XC60 T8 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by tfgerman View Post
      I was looking for the same thing a few months back, and never found one. I ended up just emailing back and forth with FDC on what they could/couldn't add, using the accessory pages (in our case an XC60 T8). Honestly, it was a little frustrating/comical, as I wanted to add Intellisafe Assist, and no one there seemed to know what exactly that entailed, though we did get finally get it installed once we got to the FDC. Other items (e.g. protective plate beneath engine) weren't on the standard sheet, but could easily be added.
      So intellisafe is not standard on 2020 Volvo's? What is the difference between that and pilot assist?

Quote Originally Posted by schmitty8225 View Post
      So intellisafe is not standard on 2020 Volvo's? What is the difference between that and pilot assist?
      Pilot assist is included in the Advanced Package suite, but not standard on R-Design. We didn't want other items in Advanced (e.g. head up display), so just getting Pilot Assist & Adaptive Cruise was an ala carte purchase.
      2020 XC60 T8 R-Design

Gotcha. Thanks.

Pilot assist is included in the Advanced Package suite, but not standard on R-Design. We didn't want other items in Advanced (e.g. head up display), so just getting Pilot Assist & Adaptive Cruise was an ala carte purchase.
      I too would be interested in getting just adaptive cruise/pilot assist but not the other Advanced Package items. Do you know what the a la carte cost was?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      2016 XC70 T5 2.5L AWD | Platinum | 37K

Quote Originally Posted by ean10775 View Post
      I too would be interested in getting just adaptive cruise/pilot assist but not the other Advanced Package items. Do you know what the a la carte cost was?
      For a T8 it was 8230 SEK / $823 installed while we were picking up from FDC. I don't know what T6/T5/Bx pricing would be, and on our receipt the amount is noted explicitly for the option on a twin engine vehicle. Our OSD rep advised we have FDC install, as it would certainly cost more at local dealer (though I believe it can be done) post delivery.
      2020 XC60 T8 R-Design

For a T8 it was 8230 SEK / $823 installed while we were picking up from FDC. I don't know what T6/T5/Bx pricing would be, and on our receipt the amount is noted explicitly for the option on a twin engine vehicle. Our OSD rep advised we have FDC install, as it would certainly cost more at local dealer (though I believe it can be done) post delivery.
      I was looking at a V60 CC and am only interested in the 4-zone climate control on the pro package. Would I contact OSD to see if it is possible? Or is Pilot Assist the only such item that can be purchased a la carte?
      Current: Subaru Outback 2015, Limited

Quote Originally Posted by ap17 View Post
      I was looking at a V60 CC and am only interested in the 4-zone climate control on the pro package. Would I contact OSD to see if it is possible? Or is Pilot Assist the only such item that can be purchased a la carte?
      Not sure, but if there is a possibility of getting it ala carte, that option strikes me as something that would likely have to be added to the order before the vehicle is actually built. Definitely worth contacting your OSD rep. We decided about a month after placing our original order that we wanted to add air suspension, but unfortunately the window for doing so had already closed. Good luck!
      2020 XC60 T8 R-Design

30. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements