Predictions on when next Sensus update will be out?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Predictions on when next Sensus update will be out?

I know there is no real answer to this question because nobody has a crystal ball but does anyone have an idea when the next Sensus update might be. I think its typically been a May/November cycle hasn't it? But is it typically beginning or end of November? I ask because my 10k/1 year service is due around about now (I only have 7,500 miles) so I'm wondering if its worth stretching a few weeks to try and get the next Sensus update. I will get the free software update since that was the promise when I bought the car.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I heard a rumor that Volvo may have reversed its policy regarding the payment to techs on the software updates. Can anyone please confirm?
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvo’s: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70, 98 V70 (twins to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamhives View Post
      I know there is no real answer to this question because nobody has a crystal ball but does anyone have an idea when the next Sensus update might be. I think its typically been a May/November cycle hasn't it? But is it typically beginning or end of November? I ask because my 10k/1 year service is due around about now (I only have 7,500 miles) so I'm wondering if its worth stretching a few weeks to try and get the next Sensus update. I will get the free software update since that was the promise when I bought the car.
      Call your dealer and ask. Delay the yearly service by a month should be just fine.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Yes, the "major" update has been May and November. But we don't know the date ahead of time.

With the new Andoid Sensus coming next year on XC40 EV, what we can expect for the old Sensus?

Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      With the new Andoid Sensus coming next year on XC40 EV, what we can expect for the old Sensus?

I was wondering the same. With Android Automotive coming to the XC40 EV, would it be possible to get the older S90s to run this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post

I have not heard anything official regarding this as of now.

In my opinion (not based on any information!) I think there is almost no chance that existing vehicles will get the new Android based Sensus. Seems like would open the possibility of too many problems that Volvo wouldn't want to risk. Only reason might be to have the whole fleet on the same platform so support could be focused into one vs two parallel platforms. I would also guess that it would push the version we are on into a pure maintenance mode (no new changes except critical bug fixes) which we have almost been in anyway. I personally wouldn't want to be get this 'upgrade' since its pretty much guaranteed to be buggy for the first few releases. If there were to be major new functionality then I might change my tune but I haven't heard that to be the case. Incidentally, unlike others I'm quite happy with boot time in my 2018 V90. The reverse camera always comes on instantly when I reverse out of the garage. I think I may have been late enough in the model year to get the upgraded hardware. I would prefer not to have the occasional Sensus reboot which I still seem to get occasionally - in my case it seems to happen when I'm running Android Auto and for instacne change destimations in Sensus Nav at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      I have not heard anything official regarding this as of now.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

My prediction on the release date is sometime during the 4th week of November (18th-22nd), but if I had to be more specific, I'd say that monday, the 18th.

My Sensus did something weird tonight. For the speed limit sign, it went to a black background with white lettering and said “night.” As quickly as it appeared, it then switched back to the normal speed limit sign.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvo’s: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70, 98 V70 (twins to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

I wish I could get excited towards updates. My last trip in, even when he said I will get all system updates, the car was returned to me and they specifically said they didn't feel like doing the updates. In my first 6 months of this being my first Volvo, my excitement is back down to the level of a common Honda owner that I was before this. I get my S90T8 back from the body shop tomorrow, I got rear ended by a car backing up in a parking lot last week. It'll be nice to go back to electric drive to/fro work however. I've had to quit using USB music in the car, the XM is expired (which it has to tell me, every day, for 10 seconds flashing on the screen). I uninstall every single app, including the volvo app, and every single day "new software updates available" flashing on the screen. And they refuse to address it. Another car full of tech that a car manufacturer won't support. At least it goes fast after the initial jerk of trying to decide what it's wants to do.

My dealer always updates the car but the message "new software updates available" means you have maps update not Sensus update best way to update from USB stick and this message will go away.
      Own:
      2018 s90 T6 AWD Inscription w/air suspension B&W Brown interior.
      2017 s60 inscription Platinum FWD
      2003 Oldsmobile Aurora.
      Had:
      2001, 2002 ,Oldsmobile Aurora.
      1998, 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

Paul.

Pauls90: I wish that were true, but the maps are up to date, dealer even validated it. Their honest-to-god answer was: There are updates to the apps that you don't have installed, you need to install all of the apps then remove them and it should go away. So they sat there and installed it, removed it.. "you have new software updates". So they aren't even trying. I'm really curious to know if that means there are real car updates and they just won't acknowledge it becase.. well it's an atlanta dealership and it's endemic around here that they won't lift a finger. or, due to the no payback, they simply won't install updates on my brand new car. I say brand new, I bought it in April and took it in there in May for this software problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
      Pauls90: I wish that were true, but the maps are up to date, dealer even validated it. Their honest-to-god answer was: There are updates to the apps that you don't have installed, you need to install all of the apps then remove them and it should go away. So they sat there and installed it, removed it.. "you have new software updates". So they aren't even trying. I'm really curious to know if that means there are real car updates and they just won't acknowledge it becase.. well it's an atlanta dealership and it's endemic around here that they won't lift a finger. or, due to the no payback, they simply won't install updates on my brand new car. I say brand new, I bought it in April and took it in there in May for this software problem.
      The car does not set a message for software updates to the vehicle's many control modules.
      What maps do you have in there now?

Tech is correct.. You can do that your self just get usb stick 64gb and download installer of the maps to usb stick might take up to 1h depends on your download speeds. Than plug it to the car and it will take like 30 min or less to do the update. I am 99% sure that message will go away. If not than you need to reset your car to defaults .
      Own:
      2018 s90 T6 AWD Inscription w/air suspension B&W Brown interior.
      2017 s60 inscription Platinum FWD
      2003 Oldsmobile Aurora.
      Had:
      2001, 2002 ,Oldsmobile Aurora.
      1998, 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

Paul.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements