Seat squeak...
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Seat squeak...

Seat squeak...

I have a 2018 R-Design with 15,000 miles. I love it and itís been an awesome runner. Zero issues so far.

I noticed recently there is a noticeable squeak coming from what sounds like the area of the hinge between the seat and the backrest. Itís a bit difficult to pinpoint because I can only reproduce it when Iím not n the seat.

Iíve found if I make a minor adjustment to the seat height, it goes away for a short time. It always seams to come back after a short time. It is, in a word... annoying.

Is this common? Do others have a similar issue? Am I just being super picky? And lastly, is something like this a warranty issue?

Maybe thereís a bolt thatís loosened? Anyway, just wondering what others think

Iím planning to mention it at my 20,000 mile service or do I not wait?

Thanks all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 XC60 T8 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Convenience | Vision | Advanced | B&W Premium Sound | Heated | Air Suspension | 21" Wheels | Polestar

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I noticed it on mine last week. It's appears to be the head of the seatbelt as it vibrates against the center column. You should be able to feel the vibration and hear the squeak at the same time if you lightly touch it with a fingertip. I was going to mess with it this weekend. Not sure I would take it in as a warranty issue but it's an hour drive for me to get to the dealer.
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

Quote Originally Posted by n a m View Post
      I noticed it on mine last week. It's appears to be the head of the seatbelt as it vibrates against the center column. You should be able to feel the vibration and hear the squeak at the same time if you lightly touch it with a fingertip. I was going to mess with it this weekend. Not sure I would take it in as a warranty issue but it's an hour drive for me to get to the dealer.
      Interesting, I have this too, seems like it's either the seatbelt mount, or the buckle is rubbing. I'll definitely mention it at my 20k, not going to bother with it before that. This is def a warranty issue, they'll deal with it, should be simple.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

felt.. they're answer to everything apparently..
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

Who are?

I think he meant "their" as in Volvo not they're.
      I don't have the R-Design seat, ours is an Inscription model but our drivers seat squeaks. We have taken it to the dealer 3-4 times and they think it is from the lumbar support bladders. Maybe have your tech's check that.

Soon 50.000 km on mine and I struggled with the squeaky driver seat as well. A month ago they finally fixed it, and it completely transformed the overall experience when driving. Mine was somehow loose, meaning it squeaked or clonked whenever I was accelerating or braking of just made the slightest movement in the seat.

In my case, the rails that connects the seat to the bottom of the car, and enables the seat to move back and forwards were the issue. There is one rail screwed to the bottom of the car, and another rail running/sliding in/on top, connected to the bottom of the seat. The rails allowed for too much movement up and down, meaning it was only like 99.x% fit, and not a 100% fit. As the rails are not supposed to move at all up and down, the very small gap just became bigger (still very small though), every time I sat in the seat and applied pressure and weight.

Anyway, it is worth a try to have then check the rails. Luckily for me, I was eventually able to reproduce the issue while at the shop, and they instantly saw where the noise came from, and fixed it with a new set of rails within an hour.

An update... I moved the seat to access the joints underneath and used a bit of Slick50. Seems to have cured the squeak at least for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 XC60 T8 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Convenience | Vision | Advanced | B&W Premium Sound | Heated | Air Suspension | 21" Wheels | Polestar

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements