2.5t tuning and engine upgrades?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question 2.5t tuning and engine upgrades?

Hello fellow Volvo owners,

I've owned my 2005 s80 2.5t FWD for about 4 years now and its one of my favorite cars to date. Its a giant grandma boat, but its quick and I wish it was quicker. After finishing my Jeep project, I've decided to start putting some time into the Volvo daily. I'm just wondering wear to start. It doesn't seem like there are many cold air intake kits even on IPD which is the first thing I thought of for a small HP boost. What have you done to your s80 and is it fesible for me to get from ~208hp to ~250 through simple modifications or addons?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have a *lot* done to my 2.5T S80, there's a lot to do for adding power. For a start; I replaced the stock turbo with a 16T kinugawa turbo with a billet wheel and upgraded wastegate along with upgraded compressor bypass valve. Then, do88 intercooler with the hard piping kit. Then, Snabb intake. Fresh ignition coils and plugs. 3" catted downpipe. It really rips now and the boost carries over from about 3k to 5.5k. Much better powerband.

Quote Originally Posted by Stark77 View Post
      I have a *lot* done to my 2.5T S80, there's a lot to do for adding power. For a start; I replaced the stock turbo with a 16T kinugawa turbo with a billet wheel and upgraded wastegate along with upgraded compressor bypass valve. Then, do88 intercooler with the hard piping kit. Then, Snabb intake. Fresh ignition coils and plugs. 3" catted downpipe. It really rips now and the boost carries over from about 3k to 5.5k. Much better powerband.
      Thanks for the reply! I’ve got plugs, coils, a timing belt kit, and a K&N filter on the way from IPD. Do you know what intake pipe/downpipe you got from Snabb? I assume the s60/v70 high flow cat downpipe is interchangeable but there’s a bunch of intake pipe options that don’t explicitly say they work for an s80.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The intake is from Snabb, for the S80. The downpipe is from IPD and is for an S60, FWD, catted. Bolts right up to the factory exhaust.

Hiya,

I also did some work to my S80 2.4T (which is basically the same car). I would advise a good stage 0 tune, make sure that the foundation is solid, before you will ask more from the car.

I serviced:
      -New TCV (Pierburg Porsche unit)
      -New fuel pump
      -New front + rear lambda
      -New MAF
      -New MAP sensor
      -Serviced the injectors (new rubbers + filter basket)
      -New CBV
      -New Coolant Temp Sensor
      -New engine mounts (some with polyurethane)
      -New fuel filter
      -New boost hoses (silicone)
      -New wastegate
      -New spark plugs
      -New filters
      -New oil
      -New transmission fluid
      -Brake overhaul
      -Suspension overhaul
      etc etc

After that, added performance upgrades
      -BSR 3" downpipe with sportcatalyst
      -3" Rakaror stainless catback exhaust
      -DO88.se silicone intake
      -DO88.se hardpipe kit
      -DO88.se silicone turbo hoses
      -CBV delete, converted to external Bosch DV (25mm in/outlet)

And fitted a 16T turbo. Because its not mapped yet, I'm driving with the stock injectors (brown) and the wastegate of the stock turbo (13T). I checked MAF max value and it has about 225bhp right now, without being mapped. With mapping and blue injectors (and a 16T wastegate off course), it would run safe to about 270-280bhp.

Also don't forget your brakes when adding power! Also make sure to use good fuel if you are remapping (RON98 or higher recommended). I document the upgrades on my car very well, have fun > https://www.flickr.com/photos/andyra...57694648668714

How I bought it:

Volvo S80 2.4T side view by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

How its now (more pics in the album above)

Volvo S80 2.4T 19" Monaco Mirabeau wheels by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

Volvo S80 2.4T OEM US Lights by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

Volvo S80 2.4T DO88.se Upper Intercooler Pipe (OTE) by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr
      Last edited by nd-photo.nl; 11-20-2019 at 01:56 PM.
      Volvo S80 2.4T Wasa Limited Edition
      Portfolio / Blog / FlickR / Youtube Channel

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements