Custom Order Build Time
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Custom Order Build Time

Just ordered a 2020 S60 Inscription T6. What is the typical timeline from order to delivery that others have experienced?

I opted for black stone, 19's, exterior styling kit, luxury package with maroon brown seats, advanced package, heated rear seats, black headliner, and polestar software.

Really wanted an R-design but had to go for the massage / ventilated seats.

Considering the Heico sport suspension kit as well.
      Last edited by spb2127; 10-21-2019 at 11:54 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wait, the "perforated" seats are ventilated?! I thought you had to go to the 90 series for the ventilated seats....well guess I really regret not getting that option, but I was at the whim of the 2019s in stock to get a great deal. Oh well!

I'd generally advise against substantial suspension mods while under warranty. Drive the car a bit first, see how you like it. It's *not* a sports car, it's a luxury car first and foremost that happens to be able to be a little sporty when you want.

Speaking of, when you pick it up make sure you get the official Volvo extended warranty, it's surprisingly cheap! I got 10years/100K miles for mine. Volvo calls it the "vehicle service contract" , there are 3 levels, just go with the top platinum.
      Last edited by Avboden; 10-21-2019 at 04:45 PM.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Congratulations on your new car! I ordered my 2019 V60 T6 custom back in 2018 Nov, and Volvo shipped it in May this year. I hope your wait will not be as long.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
      2019 V60, T6 R-Design Polestar Engineered, Osmium Grey
      Ragnarok

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      Wait, the "perforated" seats are ventilated?! I thought you had to go to the 90 series for the ventilated seats....well guess I really regret not getting that option, but I was at the whim of the 2019s in stock to get a great deal. Oh well!

I'd generally advise against substantial suspension mods while under warranty. Drive the car a bit first, see how you like it. It's *not* a sports car, it's a luxury car first and foremost that happens to be able to be a little sporty when you want.

Speaking of, when you pick it up make sure you get the official Volvo extended warranty, it's surprisingly cheap! I got 10years/100K miles for mine. Volvo calls it the "vehicle service contract" , there are 3 levels, just go with the top platinum.
      Keep in mind that ventilated/massaging seats are less padded than regular ones. The padding is reduced to accommodate the massaging hardware, which makes these seats less comfortable, IMHO. R-design contour seats have the best padding/bolstering - they are the most comfortable seats, even though they are not massaging.
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      past:
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

How much was that warranty?

I just ordered a V60CC from OSD and the salesman told me he needed to pick a date 120 days from order. They were able to shorten it by 2 weeks of you don't want to register the car in Sweden but you won't get your red Swedish plates.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
      2012 XC60 R-Design - Passion Red - Platinum Package - Heated Washers - Power Folding Mirrors - Off-black Interior

Quote Originally Posted by visualv View Post
      Congratulations on your new car! I ordered my 2019 V60 T6 custom back in 2018 Nov, and Volvo shipped it in May this year. I hope your wait will not be as long.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
      Custom dealer orders generally take 3 months give or take. We’ve seen a week or two on either side of order date, usually sooner than later, though. Waiting is tough but it will be worth it.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

I ordered a custom 2020 V60CC on Sept 12 with delivery on Nov 21. Volvo states 8-12 weeks for custom orders 8 likely east coast 12 on the left coast. My salesman has been keeping me posted during the process. First time I’ve custom orders a car but the car just wasn’t to be found the way I wanted it.
      Good luck

Thanks for the responses!

I tried to set low expectations for the timeline and pictured that it could take 4-5 months minimum (hope for the best / plan for the worst). Now I am hoping to see the car late December / early January based on what others have experienced.

Unfortunately, I have a habit of heavily modifying all of my cars. Thankfully the S60 is pretty well equipped and beautiful from the factory so I do not intend to do much to it. Swapping out the front springs and rear leaf spring spacers is far from "substantial suspension mods" and will get rid of the fender gap I detest. Comfort is not a concern either as I am accustomed to owning and driving vehicles that do in fact have substantial suspension mods like coilovers, sway bars, chassis reinforcements, poly or even spherical bushings.

Congrats! Factory order is always my preference with new cars. Ironically we've had longer wait times with the US built S60s than the European builds. The way the Volvo ordering system works is dealers are given allocation for specific trim/engine/drive and there is a certain date, before hand we can alter the packages, color, and options. So if the dealer you ordered from had an open allocation they should have an expected dealer delivery date as well (though not set in stone). However, often we get an order for a slot we don't yet have. We can work with our reps to secure a slot or wait for our next batch of allocation. If this is the case then they may take a few weeks to have an ETA. As the components are imported, the plant in SC actually is still a US Customs zone. When I toured, I had to go through a quick customs check to enter and leave. Cars would have to do the same. I always say around 3 months. For S60 specifically in our current allocation, some from May took until October to arrive. Some for June came in September... My currently November cut off dates show delivery in February and March.

Quote Originally Posted by silverV60 View Post
      How much was that warranty?
      $3,700 for mine(10year/100K miles). That's the cost of a single major repair these days, well worth it.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Just to follow up, my delivery date just got moved up to Nov 14, so if this holds it will be 8 weeks from order to delivery. I am in the Greater Boston area.
      JTMav

Quote Originally Posted by JTMav View Post
      Just to follow up, my delivery date just got moved up to Nov 14, so if this holds it will be 8 weeks from order to delivery. I am in the Greater Boston area.
      JTMav
      Sounds like Volvo is delivering V60CCs quicker now. I ordered mine on 7/15 and am expecting it sometime next week. The car has been sitting at the port in Baltimore since 10/28.

The dealership wasn’t convinced the 14th will hold, they expect it more like the third week of November. I’ll let you know when it arrives and good luck with your delivery.
      JTMav

I ordered a 2020 S60 T5 Inscription on August 7. I was originally given an estimated delivery date of November 22, but the car was delivered earlier on October 25. It seemed to be a surprise to the dealer when the car showed up early—seemed odd to me, but I was happy I didn’t have to wait an additional month for my new car!
      2020 S60 T5 Inscription
      2017 XC90 T6 Momentum

Congratulations awesome build !!!
      2020 V60 CC

Well, my car magically showed up at my dealer this morning and I just came back home with it. My delivery time from order was 3.5 months from Sweden.

A funny story to share: Per the pre delivery check list here, I had asked my dealer not to wash my car (I always do that anyway) and they left ALL interior AND exterior protection films AND all stickers on it. The hood still had a fancy "bra" on it and the seats were still covered by plastic bags! I asked my salesman why and he said that he was so scared by my request that he did not want to touch anything without my permission. LOL

It is a great car. LOVE IT. Well done, Volvo! I will post some photos after detailing tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jaep View Post
      Well, my car magically showed up at my dealer this morning and I just came back home with it. My delivery time from order was 3.5 months from Sweden.

A funny story to share: Per the pre delivery check list here, I had asked my dealer not to wash my car (I always do that anyway) and they left ALL interior AND exterior protection films AND all stickers on it. The hood still had a fancy "bra" on it and the seats were still covered by plastic bags! I asked my salesman why and he said that he was so scared by my request that he did not want to touch anything without my permission. LOL

It is a great car. LOVE IT. Well done, Volvo! I will post some photos after detailing tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers

Please post pictures and thank you for shearing!
      2020 V60 CC

21. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements