Sport Key
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Sport Key

Sport Key

So since I am using my sport key I thought Iíd like it a little more refined than the plastic.

Thin leather and a vintage pin badge and voila

Edges are smoother now itís been used.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Where did you find that?

I solely use the swim key. It bit me in the ass last August at the Leeds festival when I couldn't find the car in the dark. My wife kept saying use the remote to turn on the lights.

On the same note, our XC90's swim key battery died so I inquired about it at the dealer. Turns out it is covered under warranty so I'm getting it replaced next week along with a recall for a pipe. He didn't elaborate on the "pipe".
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

I use the sport key all the time, itís smaller size is just more convenient to carry around. n a m, never thought about the lights piece, something to consider, maybe another reason to keep the VOC app service?

And nice job there D3ggy, looks sharp!
      On order: 2020 S60 Polestar Engineered, Osmium Grey
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Denim Blue/Blonde
      former: 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription, Crystal White/Charcoal, P*
      former: 2006 XC90 V8 Titanium Gray/Graphite

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by beers View Post
      I use the sport key all the time, itís smaller size is just more convenient to carry around. n a m, never thought about the lights piece, something to consider, maybe another reason to keep the VOC app service?

VOC is not available on US spec cars in the UK.

There is mention of it being region specific and can be updated for cars within Europe but not across different continental regions.

This suggests it is possible..

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...-or-relocating

This specifcally states:

Note that Volvo On Call does not work if the car is exported to another continent, e.g. if a car is bought in Europe and then exported to USA or China.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...-and-countries
      Last edited by n a m; 10-24-2019 at 10:50 AM. Reason: add links
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

Quote Originally Posted by beers View Post

Thank you, since Iím not concerned about the waterproof element covering it in leather was an easy call. As its attached with double sided tape (3M) itís easily reversible.

With regard to the lights and locking I figured I have the phone app in the event the battery dies and I can always lock the car using the boot button if i cant use the keyless door handles.

Quote Originally Posted by D3ggy View Post
      Thank you, since Iím not concerned about the waterproof element covering it in leather was an easy call. As its attached with double sided tape (3M) itís easily reversible.

With regard to the lights and locking I figured I have the phone app in the event the battery dies and I can always lock the car using the boot button if i cant use the keyless door handles.
      The only thing I will warn you about is one time I could not get the gas tank door open and I was very low on gas. I called Volvo On Call and their only solution was for me to lock and unlock the car with the buttons on the large remote. My app wouldnít do the trick and neither would using the handles or the boot button. Fortunately my wife was with me and she keeps her large fob in her purse at all times. If I were alone with only the sport key I wouldíve been screwed.

My solution is to use the sport key when my wife is with me or Iím not going too far, the larger fob when I am alone or out of town. Just a thought. It only happened once to me after 2.5 years owning my XC so its a very rare thing, but it can happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      ĒAdventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by chillg8r View Post
      The only thing I will warn you about is one time I could not get the gas tank door open and I was very low on gas. I called Volvo On Call and their only solution was for me to lock and unlock the car with the buttons on the large remote. My app wouldnít do the trick and neither would using the handles or the boot button. Fortunately my wife was with me and she keeps her large fob in her purse at all times. If I were alone with only the sport key I wouldíve been screwed.

My solution is to use the sport key when my wife is with me or Iím not going too far, the larger fob when I am alone or out of town. Just a thought. It only happened once to me after 2.5 years owning my XC so its a very rare thing, but it can happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      interesting. Thanks for the warning. There should be a manual release behind a trim panel at least there is on other cars I have owned. I will check that out.

interesting. Thanks for the warning. There should be a manual release behind a trim panel at least there is on other cars I have owned. I will check that out.
      There is a button to manual release fuel door on T8, not T5/T6. Not sure why T8 gets this special thing though.

Fusion ∑ Red ∑ T8 ∑ XC60
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      There is a button to manual release fuel door on T8, not T5/T6. Not sure why T8 gets this special thing though.

Fusion ∑ Red ∑ T8 ∑ XC60
      I looked in the manual but couldnít find it, could you shed some light on it please so I can see if I also have one hidden away.

Just downloaded the manual for the twin engine and I see that there is a release button.

I assume this is because of the battery intensity and motors since it specifies there is an additional valve which opens. This will no doubt be to reduce fuel spillage in the event of a crash with a battery pack thatís on fire.

Just downloaded the manual for the twin engine and I see that there is a release button.

I assume this is because of the battery intensity and motors since it specifies there is an additional valve which opens. This will no doubt be to reduce fuel spillage in the event of a crash with a battery pack thatís on fire.
      What if there is a problem of electrical opening of the fuel door ????

Audi and BMW have a solution: there is a system for manually opening the fuel door
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      What if there is a problem of electrical opening of the fuel door ????

Audi and BMW have a solution: there is a system for manually opening the fuel door
      I agree, there has to be a way to release the cover some how.

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements