Sensus Screen and HUD Glitches
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Sensus Screen and HUD Glitches

Two minor issues I’ve noticed and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same. Car was delivered in May but I don’t believe I have the latest SW (I still have the old stop start logo).

1. When I travel through a school zone I see the 25mph speed limit sign on the HUD and a small horizontal blank white sign that partially covers the bottom of it. That small sign should be yellow and say SCHOOL as it does on the instrument cluster screen, but on the HUD it is white/ blank and partially obscures the 25. I wonder why they would bother showing a blank sign on the HUD vs just the 25mph sign.

2. My FM radio does not display radio station logos or album covers from gracenote. My wife’s XC90 works as it should...station logos appear as well as appropriate album art. I have installed the gracenote update from the Volvo support page, and tried different profiles, same result. Album art works fine with my iPod.
      His: 2019 V60 T6 AWD R-Design P* - Denim Blue
      Her: 2017 XC90 T6 AWD Momentum - Magic Blue

Former:
      1998 S70 T5m - Nautic Blue
      '03 B5234T9 RN Swap, Koni FSD, Eibach ProKit, IPD Sways, Anthracite Comets, CJ's Downpipe, R Manifold, 18T, ARD Blue, Snabb Intake, Bosch H3 Projector Fogs

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

For the second point, I think you need to enable HD Radio in settings

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
      2019 V60, T6 R-Design Polestar Engineered, Osmium Grey
      Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by visualv View Post
      For the second point, I think you need to enable HD Radio in settings

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
      I thought the same thing but alas. Same result whether its on or off, broadcast info is on or off and freeze info is on or off. I guess I’ll live with it until the next service.
      His: 2019 V60 T6 AWD R-Design P* - Denim Blue
      Her: 2017 XC90 T6 AWD Momentum - Magic Blue

Former:
      1998 S70 T5m - Nautic Blue
      '03 B5234T9 RN Swap, Koni FSD, Eibach ProKit, IPD Sways, Anthracite Comets, CJ's Downpipe, R Manifold, 18T, ARD Blue, Snabb Intake, Bosch H3 Projector Fogs

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Reviving old thread, I have the same issue as OP , the issue # 1 - my HUD does not show School in yellow, instead of that it just obscuring the speed limit. I took delivery in Nov'19 and I believe i have the updated software.
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

For me, the school is in yellow. I have noticed the white being partially obscured as well. I wonder if the HUD screen is large enough to accommodate all of the symbols. Software should resize the symbols but I don't believe it does that. I checked and I have the latest software. My build date was August 2019.
      2020 V60cc / Advanced / Pro / Luxury / HK audio /P* Optimized / Foldable trailer hitch

Are you all saying that your roadmaps software is up-to-date? I don’t know if I am stating the obvious.

If it is truly a HUD defect, then I could see the total software upgrade / service 2.0 being a possible issue.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 45K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Yes, I updated the Maps and I periodically update the maps as soon as Volvo releases them. One similarity I see from OP and me, is the state, perhaps CT does have some issue with Maps?
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by GordonCs View Post
      For me, the school is in yellow. I have noticed the white being partially obscured as well. I wonder if the HUD screen is large enough to accommodate all of the symbols. Software should resize the symbols but I don't believe it does that. I checked and I have the latest software. My build date was August 2019.
      Mine is just a white empty box , does not show School in yellow. I am fine with overlaying the window with speed limit info. I just hate the white box

I want to add that my 19' S60 also has a white line covering the speed limit on my heads up display on windshield, but the graphics next to my speedometer show SCHOOL in yellow.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements