ISSUE: Missing Puddle Light Cover ?? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 36 to 50 of 50
    1. #36
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      3,088
      It should be working now. Not sure when it was or was not standard- that's more for a salesman or people here who have shopped them. But your car does not have it.
      Last edited by Tech; 10-25-2019 at 10:48 PM.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #37
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      659
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      If someone is seriously worried about a hole in the bottom of a door panel, which is never seen, then they are never going to be totally happy.
      Probably, but not because of the hole per se. They may start questioning what else may be missing in the car they just paid $40K+ for.
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      past:
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    4. #38
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      3,088
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      If someone is seriously worried about a hole in the bottom of a door panel, which is never seen, then they are never going to be totally happy.
      Probably, but not because of the hole per se. They may start questioning what else may be missing in the car they just paid $40K+ for.
      That would be a valid concern if something was actually missing. But nothing is missing. A lot is being made out of nothing.
      Last edited by Tech; 10-26-2019 at 09:10 AM.

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #39
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,319
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      That would be a valid concern if something was actually missing. But nothing is missing. A lot is being made out of nothing.
      So fix would be simply glue a small plastic cover piece onto the opening?
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    7. #40
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      659
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      That would be a valid concern if something was actually missing. But nothing is missing. A lot is being made out of nothing.
      You win! I'm not gonna waste my time running in circles around the same argument. It's Volvo's reputation after all, not mine.
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      past:
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    8. #41
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      3,088
      Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      That would be a valid concern if something was actually missing. But nothing is missing. A lot is being made out of nothing.
      So fix would be simply glue a small plastic cover piece onto the opening?
      If you're really worried about it for some reason, yes. And caulk around the door panel if you're really worried about water getting up there since it isn't water tight either.
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      That would be a valid concern if something was actually missing. But nothing is missing. A lot is being made out of nothing.
      You win! I'm not gonna waste my time running in circles around the same argument. It's Volvo's reputation after all, not mine. <img src="http://www.vwvortex.com/Anthony/Smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)" class="inlineimg" />
      Volvo shall now be known for safety and empty holes in the underside of door panels. They'll be fine.

    9. #42
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      73
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      If you're really worried about it for some reason, yes. And caulk around the door panel if you're really worried about water getting up there since it isn't water tight either.


      Volvo shall now be known for safety and empty holes in the underside of door panels. They'll be fine.

      If this stupid hole was the only quality issue then I would completely agree with you- but it’s not. I have weather stripping falling off of a new part of my car every time I look. I have shaking above 65 that cannot be resolved after 8 trips to the dealer and paying out of pocket once to have the wheels balanced. The dealer replaced the tires 3x and the rims once. There are quality problems with this car.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    10. #43
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      73
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      If this stupid hole was the only quality issue then I would completely agree with you- but it’s not. I have weather stripping falling off of a new part of my car every time I look. I have shaking above 65 that cannot be resolved after 8 trips to the dealer and paying out of pocket once to have the wheels balanced. The dealer replaced the tires 3x and the rims once. There are quality problems with this car.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      And I like Volvo as a brand. My hope is that they will read some of these posts and realize that some of their customers are really struggling with some pretty major issues.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    11. #44
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      5,319
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      If you're really worried about it for some reason, yes. And caulk around the door panel if you're really worried about water getting up there since it isn't water tight either.


      Volvo shall now be known for safety and empty holes in the underside of door panels. They'll be fine.
      It is good chance to install a fancy welcome light down there.

      Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

    12. #45
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      121
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      If you're really worried about it for some reason, yes. And caulk around the door panel if you're really worried about water getting up there since it isn't water tight either.


      Volvo shall now be known for safety and empty holes in the underside of door panels. They'll be fine.

      So funny- you MUST work for Volvo in some capacity because this is the same exact attitude I get from Volvo USA customer care and corporate. They are lucky to be cashing in on this SUV craze right otherwise the brand would be right where it was in the 1990's and 2000's. Selling ultra safe but boring and mediocre cars with reliability issues at Germany luxury car prices. There is a reason you rarely see the S60/S90 on the road and A4/A6/3+5 series/C+E Class are everywhere. If you're going to convince a buyer to forgo BMW/Audi/Mercedes at that price point- it better as hell be a really well built car with excellent materials and fit and finish.

    13. #46
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      659
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      If you're really worried about it for some reason, yes. And caulk around the door panel if you're really worried about water getting up there since it isn't water tight either.


      Volvo shall now be known for safety and empty holes in the underside of door panels. They'll be fine.
      LOL. This reminded me of my recent trip. Happened to stay at a 3-star hotel, in a room with a broken leaky shower valve. Clean, comfortable beds though. I was briefly tempted to go to Home Depot, buy some caulk and seal the leak, but then I remembered that I'm not the hotel's plumber and it would still be 3-star hotel after I left
      Last edited by genesmasher; 10-26-2019 at 09:12 PM.
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      past:
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    14. #47
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      3,088
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      If this stupid hole was the only quality issue then I would completely agree with you- but it’s not. I have weather stripping falling off of a new part of my car every time I look. I have shaking above 65 that cannot be resolved after 8 trips to the dealer and paying out of pocket once to have the wheels balanced. The dealer replaced the tires 3x and the rims once. There are quality problems with this car.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      And I like Volvo as a brand. My hope is that they will read some of these posts and realize that some of their customers are really struggling with some pretty major issues.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I hear what you are saying and I am not debating other issues that you or others may be having. I hope they read this stuff too and are aware of the other issues. I personally have not seen the door weatherstrip issue. Maybe it is a regional thing. Maybe it was a bad batch. Maybe they know of it and are trying to narrow it down so they can correct it. My issue is with this particular thread, which was to call out the US plant for forgetting to install lights when in fact, there was no quality control issue here because the car isn't supposed to have lights.


      Quote Originally Posted by silverV60 View Post
      So funny- you MUST work for Volvo in some capacity because this is the same exact attitude I get from Volvo USA customer care and corporate. They are lucky to be cashing in on this SUV craze right otherwise the brand would be right where it was in the 1990's and 2000's. Selling ultra safe but boring and mediocre cars with reliability issues at Germany luxury car prices. There is a reason you rarely see the S60/S90 on the road and A4/A6/3+5 series/C+E Class are everywhere. If you're going to convince a buyer to forgo BMW/Audi/Mercedes at that price point- it better as hell be a really well built car with excellent materials and fit and finish.
      I do not work for Volvo. I work for a Volvo dealership. I do not hide this fact. That doesn't mean I think they can do no wrong. But when people come here to bash them for something that isn't even a problem, then I will clarify.

      Having an opening in the bottom of a door panel where no one will ever see is not a problem. It makes zero difference at all in the car. Nothing bad will come of it. It is not a reliability issue. The door panels are all built the same. Some get lights, some don't. The ones that actually are visible get plugs if lights are not installed. If it wasn't for this thread, people wouldn't even know about it.

    15. #48
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      I hear what you are saying and I am not debating other issues that you or others may be having. I hope they read this stuff too and are aware of the other issues. I personally have not seen the door weatherstrip issue. Maybe it is a regional thing. Maybe it was a bad batch. Maybe they know of it and are trying to narrow it down so they can correct it. My issue is with this particular thread, which was to call out the US plant for forgetting to install lights when in fact, there was no quality control issue here because the car isn't supposed to have lights.

      Taking your intimate knowledge and access to privileged Volvo info out of the scenario, you still “take issue” with a thread raising concern over build quality due to weather stripping falling off all four doors and holes in the bottom of every door where a light might belong? BOTH Volvo Car Us AND the selling dealership told me it was a mistake among other mistakes they REGULARLY see with the new S60. You “take issue” with someone using a forum for the exact reason forums exist?
      No need to be offended, We are all here to riff. Good, bad, and indifferent.
      Taking your intimate knowledge and access to privileged Volvo info out of the scenario, you still “take issue” with a thread raising concern over build quality due to weather stripping falling off all four doors and holes in the bottom of every door where a light might belong? BOTH Volvo Car Us AND the selling dealership told me it was a mistake among other mistakes they REGULARLY see with the new S60. You “take issue” with someone using a forum for the exact reason forums exist?
      No need to be offended, We are all here to riff. Good, bad, and indifferent.




      I do not work for Volvo. I work for a Volvo dealership. I do not hide this fact. That doesn't mean I think they can do no wrong. But when people come here to bash them for something that isn't even a problem, then I will clarify.

      Having an opening in the bottom of a door panel where no one will ever see is not a problem. It makes zero difference at all in the car. Nothing bad will come of it. It is not a reliability issue. The door panels are all built the same. Some get lights, some don't. The ones that actually are visible get plugs if lights are not installed. If it wasn't for this thread, people wouldn't even know about it.
      Taking your intimate knowledge and access to privileged Volvo info out of the scenario, you still “take issue” with a thread raising concern over build quality due to weather stripping falling off all four doors and holes in the bottom of every door where a light might belong? BOTH Volvo Car Us AND the selling dealership told me it was a mistake among other mistakes they REGULARLY see with the new S60. You “take issue” with someone using a forum for the exact reason forums exist?
      No need to be offended, We are all here to riff. Good, bad, and indifferent.

    16. #49
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      3,088
      Quote Originally Posted by Katin View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      I hear what you are saying and I am not debating other issues that you or others may be having. I hope they read this stuff too and are aware of the other issues. I personally have not seen the door weatherstrip issue. Maybe it is a regional thing. Maybe it was a bad batch. Maybe they know of it and are trying to narrow it down so they can correct it. My issue is with this particular thread, which was to call out the US plant for forgetting to install lights when in fact, there was no quality control issue here because the car isn't supposed to have lights.

      Taking your intimate knowledge and access to privileged Volvo info out of the scenario, you still “take issue” with a thread raising concern over build quality due to weather stripping falling off all four doors and holes in the bottom of every door where a light might belong? BOTH Volvo Car Us AND the selling dealership told me it was a mistake among other mistakes they REGULARLY see with the new S60. You “take issue” with someone using a forum for the exact reason forums exist?
      No need to be offended, We are all here to riff. Good, bad, and indifferent.
      Taking your intimate knowledge and access to privileged Volvo info out of the scenario, you still “take issue” with a thread raising concern over build quality due to weather stripping falling off all four doors and holes in the bottom of every door where a light might belong? BOTH Volvo Car Us AND the selling dealership told me it was a mistake among other mistakes they REGULARLY see with the new S60. You “take issue” with someone using a forum for the exact reason forums exist?
      No need to be offended, We are all here to riff. Good, bad, and indifferent.




      I do not work for Volvo. I work for a Volvo dealership. I do not hide this fact. That doesn't mean I think they can do no wrong. But when people come here to bash them for something that isn't even a problem, then I will clarify.

      Having an opening in the bottom of a door panel where no one will ever see is not a problem. It makes zero difference at all in the car. Nothing bad will come of it. It is not a reliability issue. The door panels are all built the same. Some get lights, some don't. The ones that actually are visible get plugs if lights are not installed. If it wasn't for this thread, people wouldn't even know about it.
      Taking your intimate knowledge and access to privileged Volvo info out of the scenario, you still “take issue” with a thread raising concern over build quality due to weather stripping falling off all four doors and holes in the bottom of every door where a light might belong? BOTH Volvo Car Us AND the selling dealership told me it was a mistake among other mistakes they REGULARLY see with the new S60. You “take issue” with someone using a forum for the exact reason forums exist?
      No need to be offended, We are all here to riff. Good, bad, and indifferent.
      This thread was about build quality due to "missing" lights, not a weatherstripping issue. There is another thread about the weatherstripping, which you posted in to say that you checked yours and discovered that your lights were "missing". You then made a point to blame it on quality control and said you would start a new thread.

      I don't care what Volvo Customer Care or the dealership said. I guarantee there are a few, if any, who work at my dealer who would know where to check with the VIN to see what lighting level your car has. So they were wrong. Not the first time.
      Last edited by Tech; 10-26-2019 at 10:56 PM.

    17. #50
      Administrator chris@swedespeed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2000
      Location
      DC Metro
      Posts
      55,570
      I think this thread has gone full circle.

      Recap:
      The missing lens over the hole is not a quality control issue during assembly. One might see a missing blank cover as a design oversight for vehicles not equipped with puddle lights but it is not a defect nor is a part missing.

      If any additional information is found, send me a message and I'll unlock the thread.
      2017 S90 Inscription (daily)
      2016 S60CC (next generation Volvo driver)
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

      Previous:
      2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

    18. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

    Similar Threads

    1. Puddle light casing and led turn signal light bulbs
      By Romeyrome in forum S40 & V50 (2005-2012)
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 12-05-2017, 01:07 PM
    2. 2005 Volvo S40 2.4i Puddle lights/ CAI issue. Help!
      By trentonirons in forum S40 & V50 (2005-2012)
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 05-18-2014, 09:00 AM
    3. Found Non-Strobing Puddle Light LEDs!
      By 1SOUL in forum S40 & V50 (2005-2012)
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 09-07-2012, 09:49 PM
    4. how to replace puddle light bulbs?
      By o2k in forum R Forum (2004-2007)
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 12-22-2010, 03:58 PM
    5. What bulb is the puddle light under the side mirror ?
      By al820 in forum S40 & V50 (2005-2012)
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 10-24-2007, 07:36 PM