XC60 side steps
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: XC60 side steps

XC60 side steps

Anyone here got side steps on a 2018 or newer XC60? Even though I have air suspension it only goes down when the car is level. My drive is 20į and we park square to the slope. My wife is struggling to get out without the steps she was used to.

Still need something which is stylish, Volvo donít do anything at the moment.

I did find some deployable ones but the car would need re-programming and it would probably invalidate the warranty.

These are the next best I have found

https://direct4x4.co.uk/products/vol...ack-side-steps
      Last edited by D3ggy; 10-27-2019 at 04:48 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

No one got side steps?

This photo shows how high the car is on my drive, the automatic lowering refuses to work on my slope.

Quote Originally Posted by D3ggy View Post
      Anyone here got side steps on a 2018 or newer XC60? Even though I have air suspension it only goes down when the car is level. My drive is 20į and we park square to the slope. My wife is struggling to get out without the steps she was used to.

Still need something which is stylish, Volvo donít do anything at the moment.

I did find some deployable ones but the car would need re-programming and it would probably invalidate the warranty.

These are the next best I have found

https://direct4x4.co.uk/products/vol...ack-side-steps
      I hadn't noticed this behavior, nor I read it in the manuals. Nice to know.

Anyhow, why do you say the car needs reprogramming?

And one more thing, XC60-SPA in not included among the cars for which this accesory is compatible.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mdmd View Post
      I hadn't noticed this behavior, nor I read it in the manuals. Nice to know.

Anyhow, why do you say the car needs reprogramming?

And one more thing, XC60-SPA in not included among the cars for which this accesory is compatible.
      They said the loom needs to be told to operate the deployable steps

What does the SPA stand for?

SPA stands for Scalable Product Architecture.. I really wish people wouldn't buy things they don't do research on.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      CURRENT: 2019 Crystal White Pearl S60 T5 R-DESIGN w/ P*

PAST: 2012 Black S60 T5 w/Blonde Interior

Quote Originally Posted by GonS60 View Post
      SPA stands for Scalable Product Architecture.. I really wish people wouldn't buy things they don't do research on.

We don't need to know SPA. It is the new models, not last generation. That's it.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

I answered their question... And the next sentence was in reference to the vehicle in general not the model or edition of the car.

Iím so glad we are not all as arrogant as you too!!

I researched my car well but had never knowingly spotted that term. It was a simple question.

Címon, tell us the truth. Youíre a lot of fun at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by D3ggy View Post
      Iím so glad we are not all as arrogant as you too!!

I researched my car well but had never knowingly spotted that term. It was a simple question.
      It's arrogant to have an idea about what I'm purchasing before i do? Not knowing how tall it is? Or knowing if you or family would have a hard time getting in and out of it? So that's arrogance? You ask what the SPA stood for, so I answered it.. But that's arrogance?

Probably wouldn't recommend going on a public forum asking questions and then getting responses if your soft or your feelings get hurt easily.

It's arrogant to have an idea about what I'm purchasing before i do? Not knowing how tall it is? Or knowing if you or family would have a hard time getting in and out of it? So that's arrogance? You ask what the SPA stood for, so I answered it.. But that's arrogance?

Probably wouldn't recommend going on a public forum asking questions and then getting responses if your soft or your feelings get hurt easily.

Your arrogance implied I should know what SPA stands for.

With regard to the height did you miss the part where the air suspension works perfectly on level ground but it doesnít go down when itís on my sloped drive. Tell me where I was supposed to have researched that.

In normal parking no one has an issue getting in and out.

I run another forum and would never expect members to be so condescending

"arrogant" would not be the word I'd have used. You were a d1ck bag. Yes, by your pedantic rant afterward, you did answer the question and then made a non-sequitur of a comment that implied something to the OP.

IOW, you weren't really arrogant you were a d1ck bag.

2006 S60 Willow Green
      2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver
      2019 XC60 Osmium Grey

^Lol
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

So side steps fitted, photos tomorrow. Had to do some work on fitting them and still some to do as one of the mid supports is too long. As itís on the drivers side I can live without it until the replacement arrives.

Some people have the need to feel like a Know-It-All and let others know it. I bet you less than 10% of Volvo drivers know what SPA means.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy View Post
      Some people have the need to feel like a Know-It-All and let others know it. I bet you less than 10% of Volvo drivers know what SPA means.
      It's at least simple:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_...cture_platform

And why it matters to the owner ????????????????????????????

All major car manufacturers have something similar

Volkswagen Group MLB platform
      BMW CLAR platform

and............

Why this should interest the owner - explain
      Last edited by BigBang; 10-30-2019 at 03:41 AM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Anyhow, back on topic

Steps fitted. Canít decide if I should push them forward 50-75mm to match the side trim.

Would not have noticed until you pointed it out...now itís all I can see.✌️

Quote Originally Posted by Zgasman View Post
      Would not have noticed until you pointed it out...now itís all I can see.
      Part of me says leave where they are as it adds a streamlined look. Easy enough to slide forward on the pins that hold it to the brackets.

Just photoshopped the steps forward, so far family are saying where they are now slightly back

Current

Pushed forward

Kind of like them as they are ... the steps and the indent on the back door end in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch70 View Post
      Kind of like them as they are ... the steps and the indent on the back door end in the same place.
      Iíve decided they are staying in their current position, adds a little more of a speed/streamlined look.

Wife is really pleased with the steps. Just wants me to move them to give the feel of them being slightly wider. I think I can move them out by 20-25mm without compromising them coming out wider than the body of the car.

Me personally, I think it kinda messes with the car's lines and hate it. But it's my subjective opinion. Since it's a necessity as you describe above, for your wife, however and the wife is happy with the way they are, then all good

Wow you guys took this way left field with your feeling huh? And I wouldn't discredit that many people not knowing what it means. The entire product line is on that platform so I'm sure people have heard about it through different resources, including myself from the dealer. Sucks when you get blasted for answering a question and labeled for it. The second part of my statements, again, was just referencing the idea of the vehicle height not being suitable to his needs. It was a product issue, something that people investigate and look at before purchase. Wasn't meant to be negative, if your happy with your side steps that's all that matters.

Wow you guys took this way left field with your feeling huh? And I wouldn't discredit that many people not knowing what it means. The entire product line is on that platform so I'm sure people have heard about it through different resources, including myself from the dealer. Sucks when you get blasted for answering a question and labeled for it. The second part of my statements, again, was just referencing the idea of the vehicle height not being suitable to his needs. It was a product issue, something that people investigate and look at before purchase. Wasn't meant to be negative, if your happy with your side steps that's all that matters.

So, you stated some disparaging crap and then tried to justify it. I called you on it and ironically you said this before I even said one word.

The irony is that you whined about what I said in PM and then told the admins on me.

Boo hoo. Grow up. You got online and was a jerk. You got called out on it and now you're trying to be a whiny brat.

Boo hoo hoo.

2006 S60 Willow Green
      2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2019 XC60 Osmium Grey

Quote Originally Posted by tarrbot View Post

So, you stated some disparaging crap and then tried to justify it. I called you on it and ironically you said this before I even said one word.

The irony is that you whined about what I said in PM and then told the admins on me.

Boo hoo. Grow up. You got online and was a jerk. You got called out on it and now you're trying to be a whiny brat.

Boo hoo hoo.
      Tough guy behind that keyboard aye? I'm pretty sure there's a syndrome for that problem your having.

Move along here, nothing to see.

You passively aggressively wanted to get snarky with me and I wasn't having it.

If you wanted to "have a discussion" you wouldn't have reported me and you'd have addressed me directly here rather than cried.

It's not a tough guy syndrome. You see the world as aggressive to you. Maybe that is your conditioning or maybe that's you being called out when you're this way and it's your default stance to punch back.

But at some point, you need to ask yourself if the common denominator in your life is you and your causation of those things that happen to you.

Relax and think about life. It's way too easy to be upset over nothing. It sometimes takes some effort to actually be happy with the life you have.

2006 S60 Willow Green
      2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2019 XC60 Osmium Grey

Quote Originally Posted by tarrbot View Post
      Move along here, nothing to see.

You passively aggressively wanted to get snarky with me and I wasn't having it.

If you wanted to "have a discussion" you wouldn't have reported me and you'd have addressed me directly here rather than cried.

It's not a tough guy syndrome. You see the world as aggressive to you. Maybe that is your conditioning or maybe that's you being called out when you're this way and it's your default stance to punch back.

But at some point, you need to ask yourself if the common denominator in your life is you and your causation of those things that happen to you.

Relax and think about life. It's way too easy to be upset over nothing. It sometimes takes some effort to actually be happy with the life you have.
      Stop trying to be a psychology major and play your roll as the forum tough guy Troll. Your better at that.

...Wasn't meant to be negative
      Youíre right. With a response of ďI really wish people wouldn't buy things they don't do research onĒ you meant it as an insulting and demeaning remark to the OP. We know what you meant.

Like I said, you must be a blast at parties.

Youíre right. With a response of ďI really wish people wouldn't buy things they don't do research onĒ you meant it as an insulting and demeaning remark to the OP. We know what you meant.

It's a Volvo forum, for people I would imagine that own and want to talk about their Volvos. People are quick to dismiss a brand, or make posts about why they hate this, or don't like that, or wish it was this etc. My apologies if I think you should research these things before you spend 40+K on them. It's an opinion none the less but I didn't come on here calling ppl "d1ck bags" and talking about how fun you are at parties. If you feel cool making your one hitter comments feel free, but whether you personally like it or not I was still talking about the topic. Enjoy your eventful parties that you must be a hit at since you keep brining it up slick.

And I will reiterate there was no way I could have researched that the air suspension would not handle the curtesy drop mode in my drive which is at 20į and the car is parked square on to the slope. The research was to choose the air suspension because it does go down as a curtesy for getting out, which it does perfectly on the flat.

Letís now move on and stop bickering itís achieving nothing.

My apologies....
      Cool. Donít let it happen again.

Hey D3ggy, do you have a link or write up on how you painted those calipers? Those seem to be staying quite bright and not dirty like many I have seen of home-made jobs.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast