SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

XC60 side steps

6K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  HamDenFede 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone here got side steps on a 2018 or newer XC60? Even though I have air suspension it only goes down when the car is level. My drive is 20° and we park square to the slope. My wife is struggling to get out without the steps she was used to.

Still need something which is stylish, Volvo don't do anything at the moment.

I did find some deployable ones but the car would need re-programming and it would probably invalidate the warranty.

These are the next best I have found

https://direct4x4.co.uk/products/volvo-ridgeback-side-steps

#8 ·
I answered their question... And the next sentence was in reference to the vehicle in general not the model or edition of the car.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#17 · (Edited)
It's at least simple:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Scalable_Product_Architecture_platform

SPA stands for Scalable Product Architecture.. I really wish people wouldn't buy things they don't do research on.

And why it matters to the owner ????????????????????????????

All major car manufacturers have something similar

Volkswagen Group MLB platform
BMW CLAR platform

and............

Why this should interest the owner - explain :confused:

#26 ·
Wow you guys took this way left field with your feeling huh? And I wouldn't discredit that many people not knowing what it means. The entire product line is on that platform so I'm sure people have heard about it through different resources, including myself from the dealer. Sucks when you get blasted for answering a question and labeled for it. The second part of my statements, again, was just referencing the idea of the vehicle height not being suitable to his needs. It was a product issue, something that people investigate and look at before purchase. Wasn't meant to be negative, if your happy with your side steps that's all that matters.

#27 ·

So, you stated some disparaging crap and then tried to justify it. I called you on it and ironically you said this before I even said one word.

Probably wouldn't recommend going on a public forum asking questions and then getting responses if your soft or your feelings get hurt easily.
The irony is that you whined about what I said in PM and then told the admins on me.

Boo hoo. Grow up. You got online and was a jerk. You got called out on it and now you're trying to be a whiny brat.

Boo hoo hoo.

#25 ·
Me personally, I think it kinda messes with the car's lines and hate it. But it's my subjective opinion. Since it's a necessity as you describe above, for your wife, however and the wife is happy with the way they are, then all good :)

#29 ·
Move along here, nothing to see.

You passively aggressively wanted to get snarky with me and I wasn't having it.

If you wanted to "have a discussion" you wouldn't have reported me and you'd have addressed me directly here rather than cried.

It's not a tough guy syndrome. You see the world as aggressive to you. Maybe that is your conditioning or maybe that's you being called out when you're this way and it's your default stance to punch back.

But at some point, you need to ask yourself if the common denominator in your life is you and your causation of those things that happen to you.

Relax and think about life. It's way too easy to be upset over nothing. It sometimes takes some effort to actually be happy with the life you have.

#37 ·
Joey

From past experience we no longer buy callipers paint, its rubbish. Instead we go to the auto paint suppliers and ask them to make up an enamel based spray. Three light coats, the decals then 3 coats of clear lacquer.

The car gets washed every week so they will stay clean and I'm light on breaking so not much dust.

Mainly just take lots of care with the prep. Clean them thoroughly, I also file off the casting line to make them flat. Lots of masking and away you go.

These are the photos of Tony's S60 we didn't photograph mine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.