Rare 1980 Volvo 265 Diesel Wagon - Excellent Condition!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Rare 1980 Volvo 265 Diesel Wagon - Excellent Condition!

It's time to let this classic go to another enthusiast.

A bit over 3 years ago, we purchased this 1980 265 diesel wagon. Green over tan interior, automatic transmission, excellent condition inside and out. 153,122 original miles. The original owner had this car until he sold it in 2011. It has been in the hands of collectors since. Just a few things that have been done over the past 9,000 miles:

several oil changes and new glow plugs
      timing belt changed at 144k miles
      new tires
      new brakes
      new Bilstein struts/shocks
      a/c converted to R-134
      rebuilt fuel injection pump
      new stereo
      ** new transmission was put in at 131,000 miles

What a great car... it really takes you back in time when driving it. Cares seem to melt away, and the busy lifestyle we all have today, seems to not matter. This baby will cruise the interstate all day at 70 (it just takes a while to get there). Needs nothing. The interior is in great shape...exterior has a few nicks and scratches but looks great from 15 feet. We are located at the foothills of the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. I have tons of pictures and am happy to share them through this link. If there is a specific area you want more detail on, just let me know. Asking $7000.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tKsfDJ91D8iNaQHg6

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Why are there holes in the door panels considering the car has power windows? Were they swapped out at some time?
      Also, and underhood pics?

I'm sorry Stanley. I wasn't checking back to the Swedespeed website because I thought it would send me an email if someone responded.

I bit more about the car...I recently did some maintenance on the car. I changed the oil pressure sending unit, the alternator belt and the transmission mount. It has fresh inspection too.

Regarding the doors...They were power windows from the factory. I think it's bit cheesy to use the manual door panels and put a plug in the hole, but that's the way they did it. I am missing one of the plugs as you pointed out, but I provided a picture of what the others look like.

I put some more pictures up on the google drive including ones of the underneath. I did this at the garage when it was on the lift for inspection. I also included some of the engine bay. I think it's about the cleanest example I've ever seen without being restored.

I’m surprised there is not more action on this car. Does anyone have any comments on it?

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements