Best daily summer tires for Polestar
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Best daily summer tires for Polestar

I am looking forward to new summer TIRES (Sorry no wheels) which can provide low noise inside and a little bit comfort, the MichelinSuperSport didn´t convinced me so that i would buy them again....
      Last edited by GustavHalvar; 10-30-2019 at 05:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wheels will not make too much difference, but tires do. This would be your best bet to have less noise, https://www.michelinman.com/acoustic-technology.html

The Michelin Pilot Sport Acoustic models are really quiet.

Sorry, of course TIRES and not WHEELS are asked, was my failure....., yes, i know the acoustic technology already, but i would have expected more quiet of them...

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Not summer tires but I love my Continental DWS for the 20" wheels I run in the summer. Had them mounted last week and it was night and day in terms of ride comfort and noise. Just amazing compared to the stock tires.
      2016 V60 Polestar - rebel blue
      2002 Sierra Denali

I know already the acoustic tires and they should be low but in practice they did not perform better than my winter tires without this damping......?

I took 255/35-R20 Conti SC 6 now, to have a bit more sidewall height thus comfort; no remarkable difference YET vs the Michelin PS 4S (I used same size due to ****hole roads in Hungary) Overall wheel diameter is +7mm vs OE, which is not causing any issues (rubbing etc.) but might give a slightly more comfy ride...maybe its just in my brain.
      Current: Volvo V60 Polestar 2016.10. Rebel Blue
      Past: 2016.06. BMW M235i (F22) Cabriolet
      2015.05. A45 AMG "Black Widow"
      Subaru Impreza STi MY'06 EU EJ257
      Peugeot 206 RC177

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/silurd77/

Hi, i am really interested in the new summer tires from PIRELLI called P ZERO TM, made good experience with CinturatoP7 on a V50.....

I would stick with the Michelin PSS with the acoustic tech option.

Also, if you have not gotten close to 30K out of your Michelin PSS you may want to invoke the tire warranty mileage option. THis what I recently got from Michelin customer service.

Hello Duane,

Thanks for contacting the Michelin Consumer Care Team. My name is Evelyn and I look forward to helping you out. You’ve been assigned case number 15588679. This will allow my team to quickly pull your claim details if any further questions arise.
      Let’s see how we can help.
      Regarding your email stating:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      To Whom It May Concern,
      Question on Tire Warranty
      I have a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Tires that came as OEM tires on my 2017 Volvo S60 Polestar. During my 15k oil service at the Volvo dealer, the tech indicated that my tires were at 2/32 on the front and 1/32 on the backs. He advised me to look into any possible tire warranty due to premature tire wear. My car was purchased back in Nov 2017 and has had two oil changes and two tire rotations at 7450 miles and at 14900 miles during this period. Also, I had my car aligned at Firestone when the car had about 9300 miles. I read on the Michelin website and was informed that these tires have a 30k mile warranty and I wanted to know how do I go about with a warranty claim on the tires since I did not purchase the tires from any tire dealer in the Houston/Conroe area. Please advise on this issue at hand as soon as possible.
      Thanks
      Duane Vincent
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Duane, original equipment tires on 2011 through 2017 year model vehicles are covered by a Limited Treadwear Warranty. The appropriate adjustment on replacement tires will be extended as long as the tires have worn evenly and have been rotated according to the terms of the limited treadwear warranty. We recommend taking your vehicle to an authorized Michelin dealer for an inspection of the tire to determine how we can assist you. Please have the dealer contact us at the number below and refer to your case number, 15588679, when providing their inspection results for our review.
      We hope that your issue has been resolved or addressed to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond to this email or call us at 866-866-6605 (toll-free) between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. EST Monday through Saturday.
      We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Michelin.
      Sincerely,
      Evelyn
      Consumer Care Department
      Certified Michelin Product Expert
      '14 S60 RD (His) Traded for 2017 P*
      '13 S80 3.2 Platinum | Ice White | Beige Interior (Hers)
      '16 XC90 T6 Momentum w all options | Ember Black (Hers)
      '17 S60 P* with all options|Ice White|Lumar Tint|Mud Guards|Wheel Locks|CF Mirror Covers|Hexomats|Interior LED|Xpel Ultimate Frt of Car|OEM Wheels Powder Coated Charcoal Gray|Elevate RSB|Black Painted Rotor Edges
      '09S2k Chicane Silver Low Mileage (His)

Update from Michelin and Discount Tire. Michelin Tire Mileage warranty will cover 50% of the new tire cost. Original cost per tire $250 per DT pricing and I will end up paying out of pocket $125 per tire for a grand total (includes install and taxes) of $632. I am assuming that these tires will never make it beyond the 20k mile mark. I will definitively start looking for an alternative tire once these new ones wear down in about two years.
      '17 S60 P* with all options|Ice White|Lumar Tint|Mud Guards|Wheel Locks|CF Mirror Covers|Hexomats|Interior LED|Xpel Ultimate Frt of Car|OEM Wheels Powder Coated Charcoal Gray|Elevate RSB|Black Painted Rotor Edges

That's really pretty fair. I should probably look into it with my OEM tires. I run winter tires so I probably only have 13k maybe on mine and they're pretty much gone. Thanks for sharing.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

The same situation with my Mich tires, will never work for 30K? In addition i never got the impression that they really work well on the S60 2018P, despite the acoustic they weren´t quiet and they didn`t sticked better on the road than other brands????

FYI,

If you want to claim warranty on your OEM Michelin tire the key factor is that the tire wear be some were below the 3/32 or 2/32 on each tire. My tires were at 1/32, two of them at 2/32 and one at 3/32. You also have to show that tire rotation was done within the 6 -8k range. In my case, I am somewhat anal retentive with logging my service, so no problems with that. I only got two rotation out of my tires 7500 and 14900. The DT manager was indicating to me that all the tires had the center treads worn out, which he claims it towards tire over-inflation. I explain to him that Volvo claims that we need to run these tires at 38 psi. He was recommending to lower my tires to 36 or 37 psi to prevent the center tread wear. The s60 feels much better now and no more front wheel hopping while making tight turns into my driveway. Manager at DT also gave me a Michelin rebate form for $70 so the final price with the mail in rebate discount card was $558. Is not a bad deal, but definitively I need to find another tire option down the road for this car.
      Last edited by DFVS60T6RD; 11-26-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DFVS60T6RD View Post
      FYI,

If you want to claim warranty on your OEM Michelin tire the key factor is that the tire wear be some were below the 3/32 or 2/32 on each tire. My tires were at 1/32, two of them at 2/32 and one at 3/32. You also have to show that tire rotation was done within the 6 -8k range. In my case, I am somewhat anal retentive with logging my service, so no problems with that. I only got two rotation out of my tires 7500 and 14900. The DT manager was indicating to me that all the tires had the center treads worn out, which he claims it towards tire over-inflation. I explain to him that Volvo claims that we need to run these tires at 38 psi. He was recommending to lower my tires to 36 or 37 psi to prevent the center tread wear. The s60 feels much better now and no more front wheel hopping while making tight turns into my driveway. Manager at DT also gave me a Michelin rebate form for $70 so the final price with the mail in rebate discount card was $558. Is not a bad deal, but definitively I need to find another tire option down the road for this car.
      Thanks for your information, nice, that you could arrange a deal with M DT......, i can´t show the change from back to front each 6k range. But what i can confirm is that the pressure with 38psi(2.6bar) is definitly to high for the S60, you see that in the middle of the tire more arbrasion, you really should as you noted take about 36psi. Really bad that P did not recommend always the best for the car, so i think a PZEROTM will perform much better on this car with 36psi....

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements