Latest Nov 2019 software update? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by bunnny View Post
      It’s end of November. Is it available or not? Anyone?

Volvo for Life
      Nothing yet that I see.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It’s end of November. Is it available or not? Anyone?

Volvo for Life
      The website is updated with November 2019 update. But the car is not showing the update when I checked.
      https://www.volvocars.com/au/support...ftware-updates
      XC90 MY20 Onyx Black T6 Incription * Nappa Leather Perforated Maroon Brown
      Polestar Optimized * Premium Pack * Versatility Pack * Sport Steering Wheel * 21'' 8-Multi Spoke Black Diamond-cut Alloy Wheel *

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleInDN View Post
      The website is updated with November 2019 update. But the car is not showing the update when I checked.
      https://www.volvocars.com/au/support...ftware-updates
      Had my update performed today in the US, any chance it would be the November update?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      I don't know a lot about it. Our IT guys handled it. Cost depends on the dealer, since coverage needs to encompass the service drive and shop and in our case, the parking lot (though I don't know if that is mandated).
      almost 100% my company i work for makes it.. We are the largest network company in the world. what it probably does is each sensus is configured to look for this certain hidden SSID and has this password. when the car comes within range of this SSID, the car picks it up and probably are using MAB for security. once on there, i'm guessing the car probably has a PXE boot sequence that connects and looks for firmware update.
      Sid
      2019 Volvo XC90 T6 OSD
      2007 Porsche 911 Turbo
      2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10
      2012 Ducati Diavel

November update is out!

Updates from and including November 2019

Applies to the Twin Engine: The driver display shows --:-- while the correct charging time is being calculated.
      Does not apply to the XC40: All Twin Engine cars with a fuel tank of 60 or 70 litres will have a new limit value for when the warning lamp for fuel is illuminated. The value will be changed from 50 km to 90 km.
      Applies to the XC40: Improvement of calculated range, which provides more stable values, e.g. while driving in queues.
      The memory setting for the rain sensor is set to "On" as start value.
      Applies to the XC60/XC60 B4/B5 from and including model year 2020: A battery symbol has been added in the driver display in order to indicate when the car is regenerating.
      Adjustment of message positions, all messages will be easier to see in the display.
      Does not apply to the XC40: New message that clarifies when calibration of automatic parking brake takes place.
      Changed notification for filling of AdBlue from 4.5 to 6.5 litres.
      Infotainment system:
      Improved logic to update maps online.
      Applies from and including model year 2018: New integrated ring signal.
      Improved voice recognition for names from the phone book regardless of language.
      Applies to Mexico, New Zealand and Turkey: Correction of time zone.
      Recurring message on Sirius subscription removed.
      General performance improvements of the infotainment system.
      Applies to cars with High Performance Pro (Harman Kardon): New function Vehicle Noise Compensation automatically adjusts the audio system's volume in order to compensate for higher fan levels and wind noise at increased speeds.
      New functions in the Spotify app: Daily Mixes as well as Pin-pairing that then provide automatic login in the car. For more information, see Spotiy's website.
      Improvement of the engine management system's optimisation.

Quote Originally Posted by POuYDe View Post
      November update is out!

Updates from and including November 2019

Applies to the XC60/XC60 B4/B5 from and including model year 2020: A battery symbol has been added in the driver display in order to indicate when the car is regenerating.
      Great News, but curious though if this is available also in XC90?
      And is this this update viable via car model, or a dealer visit is required?
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx Black - Amber Nappa Ventilated Seats - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate - Sports Heated Steering Wheel - HomeLink®, Interior rear view mirror with autodim and compass
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360° - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

This update is pretty "light" for being one of the 2 bi-annual primary updates. That said:

1. "The memory setting for the rain sensor is set to 'On' as start value."

When I bought our car in May, I couldn't believe this wasn't the default setting! I mentioned it in our post-purchase survey from Volvo, so maybe I and others commented on it enough that they did this? :P Now if only they would add this option, and set it up the same way, for the auto high-beams.

2. "Adjustment of message positions, all messages will be easier to see in the display."

Curious what this one means in practice. Another complaint of mine on the post-purchase survey was that the gauge cluster messages/display, particularly the music info, is left adjusted....which just looks bad. So maybe they've now center adjusted it?

3. "Applies to cars with High Performance Pro (Harman Kardon): New function Vehicle Noise Compensation automatically adjusts the audio system's volume in order to compensate for higher fan levels and wind noise at increased speeds."

Is this something meant for pre-HK branded systems? This already exists on the HK branded systems. Or maybe it's a tweak to how it works. I have another running thread demonstrating the operation and decibel level changes of the HK system.

4. "New functions in the Spotify app: Daily Mixes as well as Pin-pairing that then provide automatic login in the car. For more information, see Spotiy's website."

This is another head scratcher. I already have this...and have had this as long as I've owned the car (May/2019)...so how is this something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilinger View Post
      Great News, but curious though if this is available also in XC90?
      And is this this update viable via car model, or a dealer visit is required?
      Unless it states it's for specific models or that it excludes the XC90, then the updates are applicable.

You need to go to a dealer for these software releases. (though the Spotify App updates on its own, so maybe not for that one)

Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
      Unless it states it's for specific models or that it excludes the XC90, then the updates are applicable.

You need to go to a dealer for these software releases. (though the Spotify App updates on its own, so maybe not for that one)
      Probably another Volvo typo... They are experts in these..

'Applies to the XC60/XC60 B4/B5 from and including model year 2020:'

See they mention 2 times the XC60. They probably wanted to write XC60/XC90, but they got it wrong and now all regional websites have translated the wrong info..LOL
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx Black - Amber Nappa Ventilated Seats - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate - Sports Heated Steering Wheel - HomeLink®, Interior rear view mirror with autodim and compass
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360° - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

This update is pretty "light" for being one of the 2 bi-annual primary updates. That said:

When I bought our car in May, I couldn't believe this wasn't the default setting! I mentioned it in our post-purchase survey from Volvo, so maybe I and others commented on it enough that they did this? :P Now if only they would add this option, and set it up the same way, for the auto high-beams.
      I don't understand. On my '19 XC90, Sensus remembers the auto wiper setting in the driver profile, and turns them on to however they were set on next restart. This was an option that could be enabled. I am guessing if you do not have that option enabled, or it is not present, then this changes the default to on?

I totally agree that they should have done this with the auto high beams also!

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Red View Post

I don't understand. On my '19 XC90, Sensus remembers the auto wiper setting in the driver profile, and turns them on to however they were set on next restart. This was an option that could be enabled. I am guessing if you do not have that option enabled, or it is not present, then this changes the default to on?

I totally agree that they should have done this with the auto high beams also!
      It remembers it IF you have checked off the memory option in the sub-menu. My understanding of this update is that it changes the default to be that the memory box is checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidwin View Post
      almost 100% my company i work for makes it.. We are the largest network company in the world. what it probably does is each sensus is configured to look for this certain hidden SSID and has this password. when the car comes within range of this SSID, the car picks it up and probably are using MAB for security. once on there, i'm guessing the car probably has a PXE boot sequence that connects and looks for firmware update.
      So much wording for so little in reality. I have the feeling that this is not gonna be “the” update for this year.

Volvo for Life

So much wording for so little in reality. I have the feeling that this is not gonna be “the” update for this year.

Volvo for Life
      I had the same thought. That or they've pushed off the big changes to coincide with the model year change over in late April.

Will the November 2019 update also give me the May 2019 update? My recollection is that was a fairly significant update.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

Quote Originally Posted by rdr854 View Post
      Will the November 2019 update also give me the May 2019 update? My recollection is that was a fairly significant update.
      Yes

Thank you. Thought it would, but did not want to assume.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

For benefit of those asking about the cost of TJ “November” update, the semi-annual update (including Sensus) is baked into the PDS, TSU and Service 2.0 update.

This semi-annual update would typically be included if you have a warranty issue and it would be free of charge since the dealer gets paid by Volvo under warranty.

If there is no warranty issue, then Service 2.0 would apply. Some service centers charge the standard labor rate, as previously reported by others, to install the update their technician’s time is not reimbursed by Volvo.

The exception now, I understand, is that the customer can have one Service 2.0 update installed free of charge between Nov. 2019 and ~ December 2020.

Alternatively, the dealer (either sales or service) may exercise good will such as recent sales, on-going relationship, other paid services are being performed. Your situation may vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 12-01-2019 at 06:38 PM. Reason: minor edits and examples
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 45K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

12/03/2019 I went to the dealership to get November 2019 update installed and after some wait was told that it is not yet available, but should be available any day now and moved the appointment a week forward. My interest in getting this update is to get rid of "SiriusXM subscription expired" nagging.

This is what I got today, Dec. 4th. Not sure what exactly the dealer wanted to emphasize but he loudly point out that I’m getting the latest Sensus 2.0. Not a huge difference that you can see/fell right away, because I still have to press the gas and brake pedals though

What have you expected for 3 cents?

I was at my volvo center today and the service manager told me today that there will be a huge update Mid Jan of 2020. He said it will be pretty significant as the upload time is almost 3 hours where at Novembers update is roughly an hour. I'm pretty good at getting the updates done when free, but will wait for Jan to see significant changes. Below are items I sent to one of my friends that is in Sweeden that is a product planner for the US. I gave him a wish list since he asked.

1. Lock/unlock Button on inside driver and passenger door should be illuminated when you enter the vehicle. When you enter the car and want to lock the car for safety reasons without starting the car the button is hard to see and could easily be seen and locked if it remained illuminated for a few minutes prior to starting the vehicle.

2. Parking/Standing lights should remain on after the engine is turned off and stay on until the driver door is opened and then locked. Have a car that is illuminated offers visibility and safety to be seen by passing cars rather than exiting from a car that is dark with no delayed exit lighting feature. Yes there is a coming home lighting feature but this should be automatic with just parking lights on until exit and locked with a delay of lights going off after locking.

3. BLIS warning light should blink and chime upon opening the driver of passenger front doors if a vehicle, motorcycle or bicycle is approaching. This is a good system especially in heavy urban areas with small streets with high traffic.

4. Allow preconditioning on T8 for 3-5 min at max AC or Heat without the vehicle being plugged activated through the volvo on call app. Living on Hot southern California this would be nice to at least cool the cabin for a bit before entering.

5. Allow 360 camera button option when park distance screen comes up with getting close to something. Having to cancel and go out of the screen to get to cameras takes too long. Please add a 3rd button for 360 cameras.

6. Offer Laminated Security glass as an option on all cars if not a standard option from factory.

7. Power Trunk close should also be an option on the S60 like it is for other world markets.

8. Offer Ventilated Seats in the R-line. I wanted sporty and miss the ventilated options I had in the previous two Volvo's. Offer it, people will buy it!

9. Offer Speed limited control or LIM. Set cruise control without speed hold not to exceed the desired speed set and/or camera based speed limiter.

10. Allowing charging scheduler to take advantage of cheaper electric rates based on time of charge. Peak hours and twice as much here then off peak, and off peak often starts late when people are sleeping. This used to be available and does not exist in the VOC app or in Sensus. Why?

11. Retrofittable Heated Steering wheel, please.

12. I hope Shadow light technology will be available through software and/or hardware once NHTSA approves this technology for U.S. use.

13. More Charging 12v ports please. One in the rear of the armrest is not enough.

14. Headlights on automatically if wipers are activated. Once the rain sensor button is activated on the wiper stock for auto mode, headlights should come on after the 2nd wipe. It is a law here in California if the wipers are in use, headlights should be on. It is not always dark when raining and headlights do not activate unless there is a manual override on the headlight stock.

15. Allow for residual heat for a period of time once you leave the vehicle and lock it. The feature only stays on once activated if you are sitting in the vehicle. If you exit the vehicle the residual heat function turns off. I want to be able to keep the cabin warm after the vehicle is turned off if I am making a short errand and returning to the vehicle in 20 or 30 min and want the cabin to retain heat.

16. When approaching a vehicle with keyless entry, proximity senors should turn on interior lights and activate parking lights. Almost like the vehicle is saying hello to you without physical input of unlocking the vehicle. This only happens when you physically unlock with key as of now.

17. Please allow/certify fuel-burning parking heaters to be ordered or retrofitted after sale on US cars. I know this is not typical equipment on US cars but it would be nice to have in extreme weather.

2. "Adjustment of message positions, all messages will be easier to see in the display."

Curious what this one means in practice. Another complaint of mine on the post-purchase survey was that the gauge cluster messages/display, particularly the music info, is left adjusted....which just looks bad. So maybe they've now center adjusted it?

3. "Applies to cars with High Performance Pro (Harman Kardon): New function Vehicle Noise Compensation automatically adjusts the audio system's volume in order to compensate for higher fan levels and wind noise at increased speeds."

Is this something meant for pre-HK branded systems? This already exists on the HK branded systems. Or maybe it's a tweak to how it works. I have another running thread demonstrating the operation and decibel level changes of the HK system.

4. "New functions in the Spotify app: Daily Mixes as well as Pin-pairing that then provide automatic login in the car. For more information, see Spotiy's website."

This is another head scratcher. I already have this...and have had this as long as I've owned the car (May/2019)...so how is this something new?

4. It's actually works unplugged (at least AC). Used it through all summer.
      5. Totally. I still miss what i was able to configure in Rav4: split screen that were activated either on reverse or on very slow forward driving which had front/rear camera view + 360 view. As alternative to button - maybe a voice command ?
      10. Actually modern chargers are smarter then app can ever be. They can integrate with solar system, with various energy credit systems (you get credits not to charge in case that grid is overloaded, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by x001100 View Post
      I was at my volvo center today and the service manager told me today that there will be a huge update Mid Jan of 2020. He said it will be pretty significant as the upload time is almost 3 hours where at Novembers update is roughly an hour. I'm pretty good at getting the updates done when free, but will wait for Jan to see significant changes. Below are items I sent to one of my friends that is in Sweeden that is a product planner for the US. I gave him a wish list since he asked.

4. Allow preconditioning on T8 for 3-5 min at max AC or Heat without the vehicle being plugged activated through the volvo on call app. Living on Hot southern California this would be nice to at least cool the cabin for a bit before entering.
      5. Allow 360 camera button option when park distance screen comes up with getting close to something. Having to cancel and go out of the screen to get to cameras takes too long. Please add a 3rd button for 360 cameras.
      10. Allowing charging scheduler to take advantage of cheaper electric rates based on time of charge. Peak hours and twice as much here then off peak, and off peak often starts late when people are sleeping. This used to be available and does not exist in the VOC app or in Sensus. Why?

I have no idea where your service manager got that info from. If it takes 3 hours and Volvo is still paying us .3, I'm not doing them.

And since nobody seems to know everything that updates contain even after they're released let alone a few months in advance this information seems unreliable. Also, let's try and not get our own personal wish lists mixed up with data about updates. I was reading the features of the 3 hr download initially thinking it was the list of new features forecast to be included but part way realized it's a laundry list of desires (hardware, and accessories also) rather that features of a software update.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

"I was at my volvo center today and the service manager told me today that there will be a huge update Mid Jan of 2020. He said it will be pretty significant as the upload time is almost 3 hours where at Novembers update is roughly an hour. I'm pretty good at getting the updates done when free, but will wait for Jan to see significant changes. Below are items I sent to one of my friends that is in Sweeden that is a product planner for the US. I gave him a wish list since he asked."

I think this is highly unlikely. A update that large almost suggests that the entire software in the car was being redone rather than updating various modules. If that were the case I have to think Volvo would come up with a plan where a car would not tie up the internet for that period of time. Perhaps a special USB Dongle or something.
      2017 Acura NSX Nouvelle Blue Pearl, Ceramic Brakes
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription Onyx Black, BW, Leather Dash, Convenience, Vision, Luxury, Air Suspension, Climate, 21" Wheels
      2017 Bolt Premium Red
      2015 Kia Soul EV+
      2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
      2014 Toyota Rav4EV (one of 2600 compliance California only cars)
      2011 Nissan Leaf
      2005, 2006 Prius
      5 Corvettes, Porsche 911, Fairlady, 3 Z Cars, Countless VWs from Bugs to Vans, to Fastbacks, and Squareback
      Buicks, Chevys, Fords,

Isn't the VIDA WIFI required by Volvo supposed to somehow replace the ethernet cable to laptop? So it doesn't take 3hrs to just hook up cables.

Well, I will only cheer up if it updates the Sensus to Android UI.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

There are roughly 6-8 SW update windows each year, the biggest being the November (week 48) and May (week 17-20) model year update. There is no massive update that takes 3 hours in January, that guy does not know what he is talking about. The only time an update may take longer than usual is if a car has not been updated in a long time (e.g. >2 years). The SPA/CMA updates always apply to all SPA/CMA cars, regardless of model. And yes, it used to require an Ethernet cable, however once a dealer has installed VIDA WiFi, the process should be quicker.
      His: 2019 XC60 T5 FWD Inscription, Osmium Gray, Blond leather, Polestar optimization. Hers: 2019 XC60 T5 FWD Momentum, Silver, blond leather.
      His Toy: 2017 Mazda Miata, Red with beige leather, 6MT. Her toy: 2013 C70, Caspian Blue with black sovereign hide interior.
      Daughter number one: 2016 XC60 T5 FWD
      Daughter number two: 2018 XC90 T6 AWD Momentum with Polestar, Son-in-Law: 2013 S60 T5 AWD
      Daughter number three: 2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by cdauerer View Post
      There are roughly 6-8 SW update windows each year, the biggest being the November (week 48) and May (week 17-20) model year update. There is no massive update that takes 3 hours in January, that guy does not know what he is talking about. The only time an update may take longer than usual is if a car has not been updated in a long time (e.g. >2 years). The SPA/CMA updates always apply to all SPA/CMA cars, regardless of model. And yes, it used to require an Ethernet cable, however once a dealer has installed VIDA WiFi, the process should be quicker.
      As I understand when you drive into a dealer with WiFi VIDA the car will connect and communicate with the system. I thought this would send info about the car to the shops computer so that it would populate a work order with general information. Wouldn't they still need to have a hard wired connection to the OB2 connector in the car to download software? It would seem less reliable to do it all by WiFi. When I have downloaded software it is coming to my laptop via my WiFi. As I understand it downloads first to the installed VIDA on my computer. Once it has been validated and is not corrupt then it is feed to the cars system. I really think the WiFi VIDA is not for software downloading but for acquiring information. I obviously really don't know but hope someone here can provide correct information.
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription Onyx Black, BW, Leather Dash, Convenience, Vision, Luxury, Air Suspension, Climate, 21" Wheels
      2017 Bolt Premium Red
      2015 Kia Soul EV+
      2011 Nissan Leaf
      2005, 2006 Prius
      5 Corvettes, Porsche 911, Fairlady, 3 Z Cars, Countless VWs from Bugs to Vans, to Fastbacks, and Squareback
      Buicks, Chevys, Fords,

cdauerer, you are the true Volvo Customer. I mean just in your immediate family you have 6 current generation Volvos. WOW!
      2017 Bolt Premium Red
      2015 Kia Soul EV+
      2011 Nissan Leaf
      2005, 2006 Prius
      Buicks, Chevys, Fords,

We can perform software downloads over VIDA WiFi. I haven't notcied them to be any less reliable. I also haven't noticed much difference in download speed.

Quote Originally Posted by drmanny3 View Post
      cdauerer, you are the true Volvo Customer. I mean just in your immediate family you have 6 current generation Volvos. WOW!
      Well, he works for Volvo.

So did anyone had the update?
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription

New owner of a 2016 as of this week, getting 30k service today with INtellisense and apple CarPlay update, how can I identify whether the new update is applied?

Car is in the shop today getting 30k service, what am I looking for to verify that it was updated?

I had the November update done today. Went to the dealership specifically for that. It took a long time, about 3 hours. Glad they have WiFi and I could work from there. Apparently the software crashed a couple of times and download was very slow, but finally it went through. Sirius XM nag about an expired subscription is gone and that is what I was getting it for. On the way back temperature control ceased to work, but it did not even bother me - it is not the first time. Fallback to voice commands still worked and after reboot temperature control got back to normal as it already did a few times before for me.
      Last edited by konste; 12-11-2019 at 10:11 PM.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast