5 cyl engine dress up bolts
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

5 cyl engine dress up bolts

So, if you've been following my engine bay thread then you know - if I get an idea in my head, I will go to great lengths to make it work. And this was no exception.
      I've always liked Titanium Blue bolts used as an engine dress up mod. But of course there is nothing offered for our cars. And on top of that our cam cover uses m7 bolts, which I came to find out are like the black sheep of the metric world and I still have No idea why Volvo uses them.
      Finding m7 bolts is hard. Finding Titanium ones was impossible. So I got in with a manufacturing company over in China that has CNC machines galore. It took a good month of just researching to make sure I had the right specifications, tolerances, naming, and materials to do this right.
      In the metric world most everything follows DIN and ISO standards. However, m7 Hex Flange Screws (they are actually not technically bolts) are frowned upon to use by ISO. And so they do not post specifications like other sizes.
      Almost all the tech data sheets I read literally said "use another size" haha.
      I was able to track it down and send to the manufacturer but it was an ordeal to say the least. I had to make sure the standards were going to be met, wait for samples to be made, and communicate with someone who barely speaks English. Let's just say I know more about "Fasteners" now than any human should haha.

I know no one really rocks their engine with the plastic covers off. Personally I love the look of an engine and is why I've gone to such great lengths to make it look better. So if you are interested the price is $200. That's 44 x m7 and 14 x m6. I'm not really making anything off these, I just got extras to share.
      I will add, while these bolts were made in China, I assure you they are not cheap. I went to great lengths to make sure they are quality fasteners. They were produced following ISO 4162 standards and are made with 6AL/4V(TC4) Titanium Alloy, Grade 5. Anodized Blue

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

2 sets left

PM'ed

1 set left.

So these are turning out pretty popular. That's awesome.

What I'm going to do is get some more made and add to the kit. I'm thinking: plastic cover, radiator cross member, strut tower nuts, strut/engine brace all mounting bolts... anything else?

Turn around time will be about a month but if you want a kit let me know and I'll keep increasing the order.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements