1 33.33%
    • AA Auto Protection

0 0%
    • America Auto Care

0 0%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by bunnny View Post
      Did you happen to use it already? Can you share your experience please? Thanks.
      I bought a VIP plan for my 2015 xc60. I rolled that car before the warranty ran out and got a refund from steingold. Rolled it into the VIP did my 2017 T8. It has now been in the shop since the 23rd of last month. They’ve been handling all the warranty claim paperwork and whatnot. This one repair will probably pay off the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      I wasn't saying not to get one. Just not one of the ones listed.
      No worries, I got your drift. FWIW I've purchased a Zurich through the Volvo dealer I purchased the C30 from and didn't use it and the V60 warranty still active is through CNA--that had the piddling "corrosion" disclaimer for crying out loud--purchased from another Volvo dealer.
      Rapid Rick...I roll
      2008 C30 Matt Pearl Gold OSD-customized w/Elevate tune
      2015 V60 Seashell Metallic w/Platinum, BLIS, wood

Out of warranty(56K/miles), I wonder what's the difference between all this Volvo VIP, Staingold VIP, and CarChex Volvo VIP Plan? Definitely, I'd to hear more valuable input/advice from the community here. Thanks.
      Last edited by bunnny; 11-08-2019 at 09:04 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I wonder what's the difference between all this Volvo VIP, Staingold VIP, and CarChex Volvo VIP Plan?
      The VIP plan is Volvo’s extended warranty program. Steingold is a Volvo dealership that’s has been selling the warranties over the internet by undercutting the prices charged by people’s local dealers. (On the premise that making a sale is better then not making a sale).

CarChex is just another random extended warranty company. Not related to Volvo.

Current:
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

So basically Steingold warranty is the same like the Volvo one?

Volvo for Life

Volvo for Life
      Steingold is an actual Volvo car dealer. They sell the Volvo VIP warranty just like all the other Volvo dealers. They are just savvy enough to have an internet presence to sell the warranty while your local dealer may not.

So yes. Steingold is selling the Volvo warranty.

Be aware that in my experience he will basically ask you to get a quote from your local dealer and he will beat it. He doesn’t want to get used as leverage so you can buy the warranty from your dealer. He wants the sale. So he basically says get the best deal you can find, and he’ll try to beat it.

Current:
      Deceased:

Forum Sponsor
      Hey all - thanks for sharing our offerings for the VIP Plans - we really appreciate it, and this online presence is exactly the reason we can continue selling the plans for the low pricing everyone appreciates.

The link below contains our Volvo VIP portals to purchase directly online, with the best pricing available. Since we now post pricing online, you can rest assured the lowest pricing is being presented. Use the links below:

Does your vehicle have LESS than 1,000 miles?

https://vip.steingold.com/shop/vip-extended-warranty/6

Does your vehicle have MORE than 1,000 miles?

https://direct.darwinautomotive.com/...8-77ee099fef93

And don’t forget, if an order is placed with either portal, remember to choose your Free Gift as a thank you for your order!

https://vip.steingold.com/shop/choose-your-free-gift-/7

Since our forum sponsorship, the VIP orders have been coming in quicker than ever, and we’re thrilled to help the Swedespeed Community!

As an analogy, I always buy the AppleCare protection. I did not use it on my first two iPhones but I have used it twice now on my latest iPhone. Apple is about as reliable as they come in terms of hardware and technology.

With that said, cars are at another level of investment, technologies, manufacturing and usage. This is not a “Volvo” thing but an “industry” thing.

I always buy a negotiated OEM extended warranty because I “purchase” a car and I always intend to keep it for 10 years. Some people are comfortable with self-insuring or simply taking the risk. That is fine for them as long as they accept it and have no remorse or regret.

A non-OEM warranty has many more risks for exclusions and “finer” print. If your Volvo dealer tries to sell a non-OEM warranty of any kind, I would decline and go to Steingold Volvo.

My perspective from my personal experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 June 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      As an analogy, I always buy the AppleCare protection. I did not use it on my first two iPhones but I have used it twice now on my latest iPhone. Apple is about as reliable as they come in terms of hardware and technology.

With that said, cars are at another level of investment, technologies, manufacturing and usage. This is not a “Volvo” thing but an “industry” thing.

I always buy a negotiated OEM extended warranty because I “purchase” a car and I always intend to keep it for 10 years. Some people are comfortable with self-insuring or simply taking the risk. That is fine for them as long as they accept it and have no remorse or regret.

A non-OEM warranty has many more risks for exclusions and “finer” print. If your Volvo dealer tries to sell a non-OEM warranty of any kind, I would decline and go to Steingold Volvo.

My perspective from my personal experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Now that we have someone from Steingold who shared some really valuable links, I’d like to ask the community if someone actually had an experience with Steingold especially the coverage and their claims process, because we all know what’s not covered. Really appreciated in advance.

Volvo for Life

Now that we have someone from Steingold who shared some really valuable links, I’d like to ask the community if someone actually had an experience with Steingold especially the coverage and their claims process, because we all know what’s not covered. Really appreciated in advance.

Volvo for Life
      It's not THEIR claims process. And yes, I have bought two Volvo VIP warranties from them and have had absolutely no issues with either - the issues were covered (same as they would have been under the original factory warranty) and the claims process was easy (the dealer did it).
      2016 XC90 T6 First Edition (64k)
      2011 Mini Cooper Clubman JCW (84k)
      SOLD: 2007 S80 3.2 (86k)
      SOLD: 2008 XC90 V8 Executive (91k)
      SOLD: 2007 S80 3.2 (80k)

Does reliable brand like Volvo needs an extended warranty?

Whether I said it right or wrong, I simply wanted to hear more about the community’s experience with Steingold warranty. Never meant to bump or saturate the forum. People choose to buy an extended warranty because it provides peace of mind, and since I never purchased such I would definitely sleep better at night knowing that I won’t be surprised by any costly auto repair bills sent by the sharks. Knowing how much it covers and what exactly, as well the real cost would really helps us determine whether it’s the right purchase to protect our vehicles or not. That being said, I think the main reason I mentioned claims and coverage is that the more details about it the more sales I hope the same will drive to Steingold. Thoughts anyone?

Volvo for Life
      Last edited by bunnny; 11-09-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Volvo for Life
      For new car within 1000 miles, It is the Volvo VIP one sold by Steingold. It is for new car underwritten by Volvo, not Steingold. But if your car is a few years old, the extended warranty they sell looks to be underwritten by another party, not Volvo. You need to call to get a quote.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

Whether I said it right or wrong, I simply wanted to hear more about the community’s experience with Steingold warranty. Never meant to bump or saturate the forum. People choose to buy an extended warranty because it provides peace of mind, and since I never purchased such I would definitely sleep better at night knowing that I won’t be surprised by any costly auto repair bills sent by the sharks. Knowing how much it covers and what exactly, as well the real cost would really helps us determine whether it’s the right purchase to protect our vehicles or not. That being said, I think the main reason I mentioned claims and coverage is that the more details about it the more sales I hope the same will drive to Steingold. Thoughts anyone?

Volvo for Life
      I'm really not sure what you're asking for! I'll try and break it down as simply as I possibly can: you get a 4 year new car warranty when you purchase a new Volvo. If you buy a Volvo VIP extended warranty it extends that same coverage. You can get 'slightly' different coverages if you want, all of which are explained in the brochures, which are accessible via Steingold's website, and have a warranty with slightly different deductibles (I believe there's zero, $100 and $250).

Those are my thoughts.

Marlon Bundo

For details, it is written in the fineprints. In general, Volvo VIP is the one with the closest coverage to factory warranty and Staeingold sells it online with fixed price that is lower than other dealers. So it is a easy and safe choice for us.

If you shop around and look at other warranty by third party, you will have to read more fineprints, it usually covers less than Volvo VIP and it could be higher price. So not worthy of the hassle and time. This is why people don't have much knowledge about those.

Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 11-09-2019 at 12:33 PM.

@Noonzio I never bought the Extended VIP warranty from dealership upon purchasing.

Volvo for Life

Basically, if you get the VIP one you just take it to the dealer like you normally would. The difference would be the deductible if you elect to have one.

Aftermarket third party ones vary. Some are decent, some are terrible. Some want to send an inspector for everything. Some cap the labor rate they will pay. Some want to provide their own used or aftermarket parts. Some are only good at the dealer you bought it from. I've seen it all.
      Last edited by Tech; 11-09-2019 at 01:55 PM.

@Noonzio I never bought the Extended VIP warranty from dealership upon purchasing.

Volvo for Life
      You buy the car. Later, months later, maybe years later, you can still buy the extended warranty. For example: in the year 2016, I buy a Volvo XC90. In the year 2019, I can buy a Volvo VIP Extended Warranty from Steingold. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Noonzio View Post
      You buy the car. Later, months later, maybe years later, you can still buy the extended warranty. For example: in the year 2016, I buy a Volvo XC90. In the year 2019, I can buy a Volvo VIP Extended Warranty from Steingold. Done.
      For cars with 1000+ miles, it redirects to this website, which I have not tried and not sure it sells Volvo VIP or something underwritten by a different party.
      https://direct.darwinautomotive.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      For cars with 1000+ miles, it redirects to this website, which I have not tried and not sure it sells Volvo VIP or something underwritten by a different party.
      Yes that’s also my concern.

Anyone has experience with this 3rd party Darwin extended warranty? Seems nothing can be found online. Any coverage policy I can read about? Looks like the only window to buy a Volvo VIP warranty is when your mileage is under 1000 miles, which I’m sure many people have missed.

Forum Sponsor
      Hey all - looks like there’s some confusion out there. Let’s explain.

BOTH portals provide the Genuine Volvo VIP Extended Warranty Plans. The reason for splitting them up is simple - vehicles with 1,000 miles or less, we know exactly what the pricing will be, therefore created a static online store here: https://vip.steingold.com

For vehicles with 1,000 miles or more, the plans get a bit more complicated, and need a “system” to provide the correct options/pricing. Basically, as time/mileage accrue on a vehicle, options disappear and pricing changes as well. This is why you start to see different coverage term options for vehicles with varying mileage. For example, the 10/100,000 mile option is not available for a vehicle with, let’s say, 25,000 miles; and so on. Darwin is an F&I software company that we, and Volvo Corporate, have teamed up with to provide quotes online - for ANY year/mileage vehicle. Before Darwin, a phone call was the only way to get a quote for vehicles with 1,000 miles or more.

This tool is actually more than a quoting tool - it allows the customer to complete the purchase 100% online, in real-time. It will even submit your contract to our systems, and email you a signed PDF copy- pretty amazing stuff.

Again, just wanted to get it clear that DARWIN is simply a “Online Tool” to help customers quote and purchase the Genuine Volvo VIP Extended Warranty Plans. We do NOT offer third-party plans, therefore everything purchased through Steingold is backed by Volvo Corporate 100%. This is the reason we’ve gained popularity, and we certainly wouldn’t go another route with other companies to sacrifice that.

If any other questions, don’t hesitate!

Visit our Darwin Direct Portal for your Volvo VIP Plans Now: https://direct.darwinautomotive.com/...8-77ee099fef93

That’s what I meant @Noonzio.

Volvo for Life

Quote Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars View Post
      Hey all - looks like there’s some confusion out there. Let’s explain.

BOTH portals provide the Genuine Volvo VIP Extended Warranty Plans. The reason for splitting them up is simple - vehicles with 1,000 miles or less, we know exactly what the pricing will be, therefore created a static online store here: https://vip.steingold.com

For vehicles with 1,000 miles or more, the plans get a bit more complicated, and need a “system” to provide the correct options/pricing. Basically, as time/mileage accrue on a vehicle, options disappear and pricing changes as well. This is why you start to see different coverage term options for vehicles with varying mileage. For example, the 10/100,000 mile option is not available for a vehicle with, let’s say, 25,000 miles; and so on. Darwin is an F&I software company that we, and Volvo Corporate, have teamed up with to provide quotes online - for ANY year/mileage vehicle. Before Darwin, a phone call was the only way to get a quote for vehicles with 1,000 miles or more.

This tool is actually more than a quoting tool - it allows the customer to complete the purchase 100% online, in real-time. It will even submit your contract to our systems, and email you a signed PDF copy- pretty amazing stuff.

Again, just wanted to get it clear that DARWIN is simply a “Online Tool” to help customers quote and purchase the Genuine Volvo VIP Extended Warranty Plans. We do NOT offer third-party plans, therefore everything purchased through Steingold is backed by Volvo Corporate 100%. This is the reason we’ve gained popularity, and we certainly wouldn’t go another route with other companies to sacrifice that.

If any other questions, don’t hesitate!

Visit our Darwin Direct Portal for your Volvo VIP Plans Now: https://direct.darwinautomotive.com/...8-77ee099fef93

I’m really thankful to you guys for this clarification.

Volvo for Life

Forum Sponsor
      I’m really thankful to you guys for this clarification.

Volvo for Life
      Glad to help!

That’s what I meant @Noonzio.

Volvo for Life
      Maybe thats what you meant, but its not what you asked! But happy to hear that everything has now been clarified for you. I would suggest you pick up a phone and CALL Steingold if you have any additional questions.

Hi, New to forum here. Thinking about a XC90 T8. Question for Steingold, how would extended warranty services be handled for out of state customers?

We purchased the Volvo VIP warranty from Steingold out of state (FL) with no problems
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription: Ice White, Black with black headliner, Air suspension, Convenience, Vision, HUD, 21 inch wheels

Quote Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars View Post
      Glad to help!

How about OSD cars, especially when one do more than 1k miles in EU ? At which point and ho wshould we purchase VIP warranty - can it be done before we pick the car in Sweden ?

/kleks

Quote Originally Posted by Kleks View Post
      How about OSD cars, especially when one do more than 1k miles in EU ? At which point and ho wshould we purchase VIP warranty - can it be done before we pick the car in Sweden ?

/kleks
      You can buy the VIP warranty once you get the VIN. Everything is done online. You can do it from Gothenburg.

Forum Sponsor
      You can buy the VIP warranty once you get the VIN. Everything is done online. You can do it from Gothenburg.

Yup, exactly - most OSD VIP orders come in with a Swedish Internet IP Address!

Is the VIP warranty transferable with sale of the vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Tibits View Post
      Is the VIP warranty transferable with sale of the vehicle?
      The VIP CPO warranty is.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

Insurance is to make affordable what would not be if it happened. If you can't afford a major repair you should get insurance/warranty for it. If you can't afford that either, you need a cheaper car or your risking financial ruin on something as silly as an automobile. IMO you do get what you pay for. Make sure it's an exclusionary warranty that only lists what isn't covered rather than what is. Read the fine print rather than the brochure. And research the longevity of the company selling it (not the dealership, the actual company that has the warranty).

Quote Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post
      We purchased the Volvo VIP warranty from Steingold out of state (FL) with no problems
      I dont doubt Steingold has any problem selling the warrasnty. What happens when I need a warranty service, do I need to bring it to Steingold in RI ?

Forum Sponsor
      The VIP Warranty plans are easily accepted at ALL Volvo retailers nationwide. We are simply the selling retailer for the plan, but it can be used anywhere!

Take your chances. It is a used car ands no telling how it has been driven. If it starts to need one fix after another sell it. We are soon to receive a 2020 XC60. I'm not buying an extended warranty. If it begins to cost $$ after the warranty expires I'll just sell it.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast