2020 V60CC - my very short report
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2020 V60CC - my very short report

I have not spent much time driving my car yet (only 56miles on the clock and I have spent more time on washing and detailing it = 5.5 hours, lol) but am loving it. My recent cars before the V60CC were a M, AMG and Mini Cooper, and this is my third Volvo wagon.

First things that I turned OFF as soon as I got the keys:
      Auto start/ stop - it is actually very smooth. I did not even think it was on.
      Heads-up display - not a big fan of it, especially at night. It came with the Advanced Package.

I am loving:
      Ground clearance.
      Cargo space - finally back to a wagon! Weekends will be a lot more fun.
      Good rear leg room - not for me but my friends were amazed.
      Super smooth, plush ride quality. All of a sudden, all the roads in my area feel brand new and the best in the world.
      Birch Light Paint - it is an interesting paint. The color changes slightly dependent upon the lighting. light green, grey, beige, etc. My friends love it.
      High quality leather seats - super comfortable as expected from Volvo.
      Interior design - LOVE IT. My friends were drooling all over the interior, lol
      Adaptive headlight and cornering light - sweet!!
      Variable power steering - when I drove off during my first test drive, the steering felt so light that I thought that the steering wheel was loose on the column, lol. but it got heavier progressively as I sped up.
      BLIS - works great. I have my side view mirrors set up for the blind spots. As soon as I see a car in the mirror, BLIS lights up. I can now adjust the mirrors for different spots.
      360 birds eye - unbelievable. full stop.
      Progressive powerful brakes.

I wish:
      The steering wheel was a little thicker.
      There was more lateral support on the seat (bottom). Maybe I am too skinny, lol
      The LED headlights were a little brighter - seem dimmer compared to what I am used to.
      There was a little more bass in the standard audio system - but the standard system is not bad at all.
      There were more individual options outside expensive packages - seats in maroon, styling kit, wheels in more different designs, Bursting Blue paint, Door puddle light (man, it is dark down there).

Hmmm:
      Every car is set up differently. It 'feels' like the pedals are offset slightly to the left. I just need to get used to this new configuration.
      Severe reflection on the windshield - I can see the whole dashboard on the windshield when I have the sun in front of or above me. I have never experienced this with any other cars and I did not notice this during my test drive. - Polarized glasses have solved this issue
      Headlight fogging while washing - shall see if this happens in rain.
      The front doors are not aligned with the rear door quite well. At the bottom, the rear end of the front doors sits wider than the front end of the door by ~3mm (1/8").
      The last two have been reported to my dealer.
      When I take off slowly (still babying my car at less than 200 miles on the clock), it feels like the rear end is fish tailing until I reach 30mph or so.

Punch list:
      Polestar upgrade - I am still babying my car so I do not know what I am missing at this point but I have seen some good reviews on this kit.
      Styling kit - Side sills only. I think those would complete the exterior design on the CC.

Happy motoring, folks. Be safe out there.
      Last edited by jaep; 11-15-2019 at 07:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

"There was more lateral support on the seat (bottom). Maybe I am too skinny, lol"

Yep, cars for the USA are built for the uh...average sized American these days. I have the same problem. Wish I sprung for the luxury package on mine to get the adjustable side bolsters :-/

Also the reflective windshield of the dash is a thing....mine has it to. You do get used to it after a few weeks though and it'll bother you a lot less. I think it has to do with the heads up display needing a more reflective surface to be visible. The heated windshield option in the V90s eliminates the heads up display so there is a windshield aspect to it. Kinda sucks for you since you don't like the HUD....personally I love the HUD once I adjusted it to suit me. I wish I could see it during the day through polarized sun glasses!
      Last edited by Avboden; 11-06-2019 at 10:20 PM.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Short reviews written multiple pages LOl love it great write up
      2020 V60 CC

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Nice write up, and well done. Looking forward to getting hands on mine again in the near future as it’s currently somewhere in the Atlantic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, mine is due sometime in the next week or two and you answered some of my questions. The headlight fogging I am wondering if it has anything to do with them being brand new and with use will dissipate. I had the HUD I’m my last Saab and really loved it but it does require special glass and therefore the reflection, also replacement of the windshield became problematic because of Saab’s demise, shouldn’t be as big an issue with Volvo but they are expensive(glad they’re insured). Thanks for taking the time to review. I see the Homelink buttons are on the bottom of the rear view mirror, any issue with that location?
      JTMav

Quote Originally Posted by JTMav View Post
      I see the Homelink buttons are on the bottom of the rear view mirror, any issue with that location?
      JTMav
      I mean....unless you can't lift your right arm slightly above your head to open your garage door, why would it be? Most cars have had it on their mirrors for the better part of a decade
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription

It’s not that it’s in the mirror like most cars, although my 2017 CC is on the visor, it’s just under the mirror which at least to me seems different that’s all. My right arm should be able to handle it.

Thanks for your thoughts on your new car. I'll be getting my 2020 V60cc in a couple of more weeks so I am looking forward to driving it. My second Volvo. My first was a 240 wagon. It ran forever. Hope to have the same with my new one.

I agree with one of the posts, the HUD is not very visible with polarized glasses. I didn't notice the reflection issue on my test drive. I did opt for the Maroon and ventilated seats.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      "There was more lateral support on the seat (bottom). Maybe I am too skinny, lol"

Yep, cars for the USA are built for the uh...average sized American these days. I have the same problem. Wish I sprung for the luxury package on mine to get the adjustable side bolsters :-/

Also the reflective windshield of the dash is a thing....mine has it to. You do get used to it after a few weeks though and it'll bother you a lot less. I think it has to do with the heads up display needing a more reflective surface to be visible. The heated windshield option in the V90s eliminates the heads up display so there is a windshield aspect to it. Kinda sucks for you since you don't like the HUD....personally I love the HUD once I adjusted it to suit me. I wish I could see it during the day through polarized sun glasses!
      I never thought about that as this is my first HUD. If the HUD does not work with polarized glasses, those glasses might reduce the visible reflections as well. That is now my hope and I am going to get a new pair right away.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMav View Post
      Thanks, mine is due sometime in the next week or two and you answered some of my questions. The headlight fogging I am wondering if it has anything to do with them being brand new and with use will dissipate. I had the HUD I’m my last Saab and really loved it but it does require special glass and therefore the reflection, also replacement of the windshield became problematic because of Saab’s demise, shouldn’t be as big an issue with Volvo but they are expensive(glad they’re insured). Thanks for taking the time to review. I see the Homelink buttons are on the bottom of the rear view mirror, any issue with that location?
      JTMav
      No issue at all. The rear view mirror is located right above the gear shift lever, so it is very easy to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonCs View Post
      Thanks for your thoughts on your new car. I'll be getting my 2020 V60cc in a couple of more weeks so I am looking forward to driving it. My second Volvo. My first was a 240 wagon. It ran forever. Hope to have the same with my new one.

I agree with one of the posts, the HUD is not very visible with polarized glasses. I didn't notice the reflection issue on my test drive. I did opt for the Maroon and ventilated seats.

Enjoy
      We all hope so but this direction injection thing is the source of concern, at least to me. It might be more costly to keep it running for good

Yep the reflection is because of HUD. I've had a few customers say they wish they had a lighter interior... I put a sheet of paper on the dash to show them the glare. You get used to it, I find it far less distracting than the old "climate package" quick defrost windows with the heating elements. Glad you are loving your car!

Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      Yep the reflection is because of HUD. I've had a few customers say they wish they had a lighter interior... I put a sheet of paper on the dash to show them the glare. You get used to it, I find it far less distracting than the old "climate package" quick defrost windows with the heating elements. Glad you are loving your car!
      I never got that myself, looking through a mash grid just to heat the window. I know it’s very popular in Europe and I guess could be in Alaska but I would not want to live with the he view for the benefit
      2020 V60 CC

I can confirm that polarized glasses took care of the reflection and pretty much made the HUD invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoConvert View Post
      I can confirm that polarized glasses took care of the reflection and pretty much made the HUD invisible.
      NICE!! Thanks for reporting this!

How about the digital display and Sensus screen? If no problem, I am going to a mall and get a pair tomorrow!

No problem with displays and polarized glasses

also, how do people *not* already own polarized sunglasses?! They're the only way to go, well worth it.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      No problem with displays and polarized glasses

also, how do people *not* already own polarized sunglasses?! They're the only way to go, well worth it.
      Many thanks! Shopping tomorrow

I wear Maui Jim polarized sunglasses and can see the HUD in my 2019 S60.

I don't understand these comments about the dashboard being reflected by the windshield into the driver's eyes... Does this have to do with the dashboard being a light color? Does anybody with a black interior have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by cometguy View Post
      I don't understand these comments about the dashboard being reflected by the windshield into the driver's eyes... Does this have to do with the dashboard being a light color? Does anybody with a black interior have this problem?
      Vehicles with the HUD option have a highly reflective coating on the glass that reflect every seam in the dash and the outline of the speaker and the frame of the HUD itself. My dash is black and still clearly has this "feature".

Regarding "Super smooth, plush ride quality. All of a sudden, all the roads in my area feel brand new and the best in the world.": are you on the 18" or 19" wheels?
      2013 XC70 T6, Flamenco Red
      2016 Jaguar XJ AWD
      2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by yidal8 View Post
      Regarding "Super smooth, plush ride quality. All of a sudden, all the roads in my area feel brand new and the best in the world.": are you on the 18" or 19" wheels?
      I am on the 19s. Please remember that my recent cars prior to this V60CC were a M3, AMG SLK, and Mini Cooper. They do not offer a plush ride at all.

I just add one more to the "hmmm" section.

While driving on back roads yesterday, I noticed one thing. When I took off slowly, it felt like the rear end was fish tailing slightly up until I reached 30mph or so. Maybe, the rear wheels were doing something? The Halden Diff is still settling/ breaking-in? It felt weird. Almost like the wheels were wobbling left and right and left....

25. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements