Polestar front caliper paint
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Polestar front caliper paint

Anyone paint their rears to match? Did you just use silver brake paint or was there something specific?
      2016 V60 Polestar - rebel blue
      2002 Sierra Denali

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My rears are painted to match the front, but now have a wrap over the painted caliper. This can also protect them paint underneath and can also be removed. This is specific caliper wrapping film
      as it has high heat resistance. There are many caliper paint options out there, I would just clean it VERY WELL prime it, several coats of silver, apply a decal then seal it with several coats of clear
      coat. I did that to my OEM rear calipers prior to the rear big brake upgrade.

20191107_093741_resized.jpg
      Last edited by mtnpolestar; 11-07-2019 at 11:45 AM.

This was my original rear painted and clear coated rears. I painted the "Polestar*" on, but it is much easier to get a transfer (decal).

Here is a good source for the transfers: http://www.brakecaliperdecals.co.uk/...Caliper-Decals

DSC_0024a.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Not to be a pest but... which brand paint did you use on your caliper? Would any silver be close enough? Clear coat scares me in high heat situations as it sometimes can turn yellow. I have the Polestar decal set at home so all set there.

Thank you for the help man. The Rotora brakes look really nice.
      2002 Sierra Denali

Quote Originally Posted by demonte1997 View Post
      Not to be a pest but... which brand paint did you use on your caliper? Would any silver be close enough? Clear coat scares me in high heat situations as it sometimes can turn yellow. I have the Polestar decal set at home so all set there.
      I painted them 3 years ago so don't recall what paint I used. I would go to an auto store and see if they have a high temperature (usually engine paint) paint in silver that will be close. It is behind a wheel and the front caliper is five feet in front of it behind a wheel so 99% of people will not notice any slight silver difference. For the clear coat, I've done this on several cars and never had clear coat turn yellow but I always used a clear coat for wheels which is a more durable clear coat. You might even see if there is a high temp clear coat made for engines. Just remember anything will look way better than just leaving them (the rears) to the elements. You see most rear calipers look way worse than the fronts if they did not paint them (IMO).

Awesome man. I will probably tackle this over the weekend if time permits. Thank you.
      2002 Sierra Denali

I polished my caliper to remove the rough casting finish and then painted with silver caliper paint. Elevate Cars offers rear slotted rear rotors that match the fronts, this really completes the look. I've sense gone with the Rotora Street Challenge upgrade which provides super high performance over OEM.

Thanks Jeff. You actually sent me the P* decals for the rear. I will just end up painting the calipers silver and applying the decals. Probably get the Elevate rotors too. You still have that set?
      2002 Sierra Denali

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements