No Start, No Crank Conditions. Oh great....
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

No Start, No Crank Conditions. Oh great....

HI, my name is Alex and I currently own a 2004 volvo v70r manual with a major issue..So my car has had me puzzled with recent no start conditions. I turn the key to start it and the starter doesnt crank over, all I hear is a click from the engine somehwere when I do so. I already replaced my clutch pedal sensor, pnp switch, and the antenna ring. Ive smacked the starter a couple times and no results. For awhile it would sometimes start and sometimes not but recently it wont altogether. I removed the CEM and looked for water damage but didn't see any residue either. I even cleaned the signal wire to the starter but no change so far. What should I do?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Of course the obvious as I don't see it mentioned, but how's your battery? If it's health (not the level of charge) is low/bad, then it won't crank. Check that before all else. You mention that you cleaned the signal wire to the starter, but make sure that the starter itself isn't bad. Not sure if a bad crank sensor would make it not start either... But start with the battery first of you haven't yet verified it as not the culprit. Good luck!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
      2004 S60 2.5T - Stock for now...

I charged the battery full and even swapped the battery.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ_26 View Post
      I charged the battery full and even swapped the battery.
      Charging it to full is good, but how's it's health? Have it load tested... I've had batteries that had 100% charge but only about 30% health, putting out only about 200cca instated of the 600+ that it's supposed to... The car requires a certain amount of cranking amps to start and if the health is bad, it can't delivery that no matter how charged it is. That all said, if another battery didn't do the trick (providing that it's also good) then I'd look into the starter. Good luck.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
      2004 S60 2.5T - Stock for now...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ_26 View Post
      HI, my name is Alex and I currently own a 2004 volvo v70r manual with a major issue..So my car has had me puzzled with recent no start conditions. I turn the key to start it and the starter doesnt crank over, all I hear is a click from the engine somehwere when I do so. I already replaced my clutch pedal sensor, pnp switch, and the antenna ring. Ive smacked the starter a couple times and no results. For awhile it would sometimes start and sometimes not but recently it wont altogether. I removed the CEM and looked for water damage but didn't see any residue either. I even cleaned the signal wire to the starter but no change so far. What should I do?
      And you did all that to diagnose a starter problem? You probably have a bad starter. How many miles are on the car? You can always push it and pop the clutch in 2nd gear. If it then starts, think about getting another starter.

Quote Originally Posted by chefricky View Post
      And you did all that to diagnose a starter problem? You probably have a bad starter. How many miles are on the car? You can always push it and pop the clutch in 2nd gear. If it then starts, think about getting another starter.
      The problem was originally off and on and I didnt beleive it would be starter because after 15 min the car would start up randomly even though it wasn't previously. Additionaly, my cruise stopped working so I found that the clutch pedal sensor could be the problem.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements