2018 XC60 Heated vs non Heated Wiper Replacement?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2018 XC60 Heated vs non Heated Wiper Replacement?

I've seen other posts discussing similar topics, but didn't see how I could tell if my XC60 has heated wiper blades. I made the dumb mistake of ordering some Rain X blades off of Amazon, only to forget that the windshield fluid comes out of the wiper arms themselves and they may or may not be heated...

Anyone replace their own wiper blades? If so, how did you know if they were heated and where did you purchase the blades from?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Heated wipers is an option that to be ordered from factory. info should be in spec for your car

But its no need to replace whole set, heated or not.
      Volvo released rubber for front wipers (2 pcs in set) - part number 31490722.

Quote Originally Posted by tooth32 View Post
      I've seen other posts discussing similar topics, but didn't see how I could tell if my XC60 has heated wiper blades. I made the dumb mistake of ordering some Rain X blades off of Amazon, only to forget that the windshield fluid comes out of the wiper arms themselves and they may or may not be heated...

Anyone replace their own wiper blades? If so, how did you know if they were heated and where did you purchase the blades from?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KentXRS View Post
      Heated wipers is an option that to be ordered from factory. info should be in spec for your car

But its no need to replace whole set, heated or not.
      Volvo released rubber for front wipers (2 pcs in set) - part number 31490722.
      +1 KentXRS

I was recently in to my dealer for the 20K maintenance and asked about getting the wiper blades replaced. I was told that it would cost $75. I declined and was able to find wiper blade refills for $26.63 (tax & shipping included) on eBay from Volvo of Dallas, link below:

XC60 Wiper Blade Refill Kit - Part 31490722
      https://www.ebay.com/p/Genuine-Volvo...BoCSaYQAvD_BwE

It took me less than 5 minutes to replace the refills only. Select the Wiper Service Position on the Sensus screen. There is a tab on the underside of the top cap on the wiper blade. Press up on the tab with a small flat head screwdriver and the blade refill slides right off with the cap. The replacement refills come with a new cap with refill attached. Slides on easily. Quick repair and less expensive than changing the whole blade. The kit fits the heated and non-heated blades.
      Current
      OSD 2018 XC60 T8 | Onyx Black | Blonde/Blonde Int | Heated Fr Seats & Steering Wheel | Convenience-Vision-Advanced Packages | Air Suspension | 20" Wheels
      OSD 2011 C70 | Flamenco Red

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

But the XC60 has the water coming out from refill through tiny holes. Does this part have the wholes like the original?
      2018 XC60 R Design T5 - Ice White with PA2, BLISS, 360 Camera, Navigation Pro, Panorama, Active LED Lights, Fog Lights, 4 Zone Climate, Keyless Entry, VoC, 19'' Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by savolvo View Post
      Does this part have the wholes like the original?
      It is original ))) Its just rubber/refill.

Water is coming out of arm.

Thank you all for the information and pictures. This forum is always super
      helpful and I really appreciate it!

Just replaced the inserts on mine yesterday, mine does have the heated blades.
      Easiest way to tell if you have heated wipers is to take the blade off and look at the connector.

Like posted above, put the arm in service position and push the release button on the blade "wiggle" the connector to remove it from the arm.
      If you look at the end of the connector you will see the fluid hose connector that supplies the washer fluid to the arm,right below (or above depending on how you are holding it) there will be two small electrical connectors if you have the heated blades.

Hope that makes sense, I should have taken pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by HQuantumSLI1 View Post
      Just replaced the inserts on mine yesterday, mine does have the heated blades.
      Easiest way to tell if you have heated wipers is to take the blade off and look at the connector.

Like posted above, put the arm in service position and push the release button on the blade "wiggle" the connector to remove it from the arm.
      If you look at the end of the connector you will see the fluid hose connector that supplies the washer fluid to the arm,right below (or above depending on how you are holding it) there will be two small electrical connectors if you have the heated blades.

Thank you! My inserts are on the way and I’m going to change them as soon as they arrive.

Dealer charged me $30 for inserts replacement. Doesn't seem too much, but definitely better than $80 they wanted before the inserts became avaiable.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

since i'm still waiting for my xc60 to arrive, can you guys clarify something for me.
      are the nozzles are on the wiper blades themselves and if so, would this mean that you can only replace the wiper rubbers via volvo (not a service point or a gas station like we're used to)?

Quote Originally Posted by HQuantumSLI1 View Post

Hi, I could certainly appreciate a photo with the electrical connectors.

I checked my car invoice and it says "option 000063 Heated Wiper Blades" (was part of Climate Package). But I cannot see any electrical connectors, not even wires under / inside arm.

If anyone else has the same dilemma, please let me know.

Thanks!
      2018 V90 CC T6 Polestar (Pine Grey Metallic)

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit View Post
      Hi, I could certainly appreciate a photo with the electrical connectors.

I checked my car invoice and it says "option 000063 Heated Wiper Blades" (was part of Climate Package). But I cannot see any electrical connectors, not even wires under / inside arm.

If anyone else has the same dilemma, please let me know.

Thanks!

Pair of photos:

Quote Originally Posted by KentXRS View Post
      Pair of photos:
      Many thanks, this clarifies a lot, including other threads about our so called heated wipers vs. heated fluid
      Last edited by brabbit; 11-13-2019 at 01:36 AM.
      2018 V90 CC T6 Polestar (Pine Grey Metallic)

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements