Loaded Momentum vs Inscription
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Loaded Momentum vs Inscription

Hi friends, new member here. Looking to pick up a T5 this weekend. Wife and I were set on an Inscription for the luxury factor, but those seem rare. My local dealer has a loaded Momentum with P* on the lot.

Are the differences (tangible and intangible) between a loaded Momentum and a reasonably equipped Inscription going to make me regret going for the Momentum? Or do we just special order?

I know it's personal opinion but I want to know what owners think. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

IIRC, the only thing that the Inscription got you that you couldn't get in a Momentum with the right options was exterior styling items. That was for 2019, so the 2020s might be different.

Main difference is thigh seatvextension on the Inscription, some styling differences and the crystal shift know.

We have a fully loaded Momentum and the only thing we would have liked are the seats. The color choices on the Inscription and Momentum are different and that’s the reason we did Momentum(bride wanted Amazon Blue with white roof). The crystal shift knob does not appeal to me at all.
      My bride’s - 2019 XC40 (July 2019 OSD), Momentum Mine - 2013 VW GTI Drivers Edition and 1996 VW GTI VR6 (bought new and still love it) Ours - 2008 Jeep GC Limited with a Hemi.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Think it's very poor that Momentum doesn't have rear interior lights.

Thanks all, after a day of test driving we are going with the XC60 instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those thigh extenders make a big difference, in my opinion. Volvo should make them standard.

Differences:

Exterior chrome trims
      Exterior body color choices
      Wheel choice
      dash inlay choice

I think everything else can be on par with each other via options.

Yea the XC60 should be an option when you are looking to spend upper $40K.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartM View Post
      Think it's very poor that Momentum doesn't have rear interior lights.
      Aren't those part of the Advanced package?

More differences for the list: Four-C and Park Assist Pilot aren't available on Momentum. Momentum has hidden tailpipes, Inscription's are visible.

Another difference: Inscription (and R-Design) has passenger seat memory; Momentum does not. Just took delivery of a 2020 Momentum, and thought that by adding the Convenience package, I was getting passenger memory -- nope -- big disappointment. Really crappy that Volvo's build web site doesn't let you compare trims after adding packages -- you can only compare features of the base trims.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyvalleyguy View Post
      Another difference: Inscription (and R-Design) has passenger seat memory; Momentum does not. Just took delivery of a 2020 Momentum, and thought that by adding the Convenience package, I was getting passenger memory -- nope -- big disappointment. Really crappy that Volvo's build web site doesn't let you compare trims after adding packages -- you can only compare features of the base trims.
      I'm pretty sure no XC40s have passenger seat memory. I have a loaded Inscription and it definitely doesn't.
      Current:
      Mine- 2019 Volvo XC40 T5 Inscription- Polestar, Advance, Premium, Vision packages, Harmon-Kardon, Heated seats/steering wheel, 19" wheels (OSD June '19)
      Wife- 2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country T5- Convenience package, Heated seats/steering wheel
      Past:
      2016 VW Golf 1.8T SEL
      2014 Kia Sorento SX V6
      2008 Volvo S60 2.5T
      2007 Scion tC

i was in the same boat but for the 2019 XC60. momentum with loaded full package or inscription. i ended up getting inscription without any additional package. for me they are nice to have but not necessary. when i went to service the vehicle, i got a fully loaded loaner. i do not regret my choice on opting out on the packages. the main differences between momentum and inscription were pretty much the cosmetics outside and inside.

my dealership has 0 vehicles without packages, had to order mine and wait. why inscription? i like how it looks and already comes with the nappa leather seats. only thing i wanted to change would be the driftwood inlays, but at that time i couldn't change it to the mesh metallic look. I don't know if it's the same for the XC40.
      Last edited by butterfly; 12-29-2019 at 10:00 PM.

I have a Momentum. What I like about the Inscription is the crystal gear lever and the extending thigh support. I like my white roof on Osmium gray exterior, I actually prefer the Momentum metal trim over both the R Designs mesh trim and the Inscriptions Driftwood. To me the price difference wasnt worth it. The XC40 becomes less of a value proposition as the trim goes higher and at that point I would probably start looking at the XC60 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy17 View Post
      I'm pretty sure no XC40s have passenger seat memory. I have a loaded Inscription and it definitely doesn't.
      Must be new for 2020.

Must be new for 2020.
      Doesn't list them as a feature on the website nor am I seeing it on any pics of 2020s for sale either. Where you find that info at?
      Last edited by iggy17; 12-30-2019 at 02:00 PM.
      Current:
      Mine- 2019 Volvo XC40 T5 Inscription- Polestar, Advance, Premium, Vision packages, Harmon-Kardon, Heated seats/steering wheel, 19" wheels (OSD June '19)
      Wife- 2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country T5- Convenience package, Heated seats/steering wheel
      Past:
      2016 VW Golf 1.8T SEL
      2014 Kia Sorento SX V6
      2008 Volvo S60 2.5T
      2007 Scion tC

Can confirm my XC40 loaded RDesign doesn't have passenger memory seats.
      2019 XC40 RD P* & 2013 XC60 T6 P* / 2011 S60 T6 (Traded In)

Doesn't list them as a feature on the website nor am I seeing it on any pics of 2020s for sale either. Where you find that info at?
      1. Go to https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/s...mentum#compare
      2. Choose Momentum, then either R-Design or Inscription.
      3. RD and Inscription list "Power Front Passenger Seat w/ Memory", Momentum does not.

1. Go to https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/s...mentum#compare
      2. Choose Momentum, then either R-Design or Inscription.
      3. RD and Inscription list "Power Front Passenger Seat w/ Memory", Momentum does not.
      Ah, even though it shows it there, I can verify that is incorrect. Must just be an error with the way they wrote it on there. I think they just meant power passenger seat is standard on the inscription and R-design vs. part of the Convenience pckg on the Momentum.
      Current:
      Past:
      2016 VW Golf 1.8T SEL
      2014 Kia Sorento SX V6
      2008 Volvo S60 2.5T
      2007 Scion tC

That's correct. My R-Design doesn't have passenger seat memory either. Neither do my XC60s and they are Inscriptions.
      2018 XC60 Inscription AWD (Crystal White)
      2018 XC60 Inscription AWD (Bright Silver)
      2019 XC40 R-Design AWD (Bright Silver) T5 Polestar*

21. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements